Gem and Jewellery Export promotion council (GJEPC)
Gem and Jewellery Export Promotion Council (GJEPC)
To promote the export of the Indian Gem and Jewellery and its products, the Ministry of Commerce; the Government of India established the Gem and Jewellery Export Promotion Council (GJEPC). The primary objective of the GJEPC is to bring about exports of Indian Gem and Jewellery and its products to various destinations globally and to provide export assistance to the Gem and Jewellery product exporters. The Council, which is headquartered at Mumbai, works towards boosting the growth of the Indian gems & jewellery industry and its products by conducting international exhibitions, trade fairs, and other trade promotional activities. In this article, we will look at the Gem and Jewellery Export Promotion Council (GJEPC) in detail.
Know more about the Chemical and Allied Export Promotion Council (GJEPC)
Vision of GJEPC
Gem and Jewellery Export Promotion Council’s vision is to make our country as the preferred source for quality gems and jewellery.
Mission of GJEPC
The mission of the GJEP council is to enable every trader associated with the Indian gems and jewellery industry to achieve their full potential.
Products Covered under GJEPC
The products which are covered under Gem and Jewellery export promotion council (GJEPC) is as follows:
- Coloured Gemstones
- Gold Jewellery
- Precious Metal Jewellery
GJEPC Membership Benefits
The registered trader of GJEPC can get the following benefits offered by the council.
Participation in activities sponsored by the Council
The member of the council can participate in various activities sponsored by the Gem and Jewellery Export promotion council.
- The council conducting Exhibitions in India and aboard
- Buyer Seller Meets in India and abroad
- Seminars, Workshops and Panel Discussions
- Various trade delegations abroad
- Exclusive participation at IIJS, IIJS Signature, IGJME as an exhibitor at concessional rates
Award for Members
The council granted awards to its members for the best performance in exports in various categories and CSR also.
Free Subscription to council’s promotional endeavours
The registered member of Gem and Jewellery Export promotion council (GJEPC) can be subscribed to council’s following promotional materials:
- Solitaire International
- Ideal Cut
- Websites such as GJEPC, IIJS, and IIJS Signature)
- E-News Letters
Co-ordination with various Agencies
The council’s members can co-ordinate with various Government agencies, statutory agencies and Autonomous bodies for welfare and dispute redressal.
Certification and Accreditation of members
The GJEPC provides the following Certification and Accreditation benefits for its registered members:
- Registration-cum-Membership Certificate (RCMC)
- Kimberly Process Certification Scheme at concessional rates
- National Gold Rate
- Visa recommendation
- Export Performance Certificate and Turnover Certificate
- The GJEPC issues Photo ID to all Partner, Proprietor, Director of the company at free of cost.
- Recommendation for participation in Valuation Panels
- For sanction of the credit limit, Council issues letter to ECGC
Assistance for Exporters
- MDA, MAI assistance for small exporters for participation in exhibitions
- The council is organizing the Sales Promotion Tour abroad as per directives issued by MoC& I
- The council provides Guidelines and circulars related to the Import / Export
- The GJEPC provides education and training through different projects run by the council
- The council is conducting Counseling of members for rules and procedures of exports procedures and statues of Government
- The registered member can easily access to profiles of different important markets
Services to MSME SECTOR
- GJEPC gives weightage to the MSME category manufacture exporters for participating in the IIJS shows.
- Council provides direct raw materials and rough diamonds to the MSME sector
- GJEPC sets a Help Desk to provide various services to the sector
- Educational & Promotional seminar is being conducted across the country preferably where the industry is located in large scale
- The councils are formed a CFC for MSME in different parts of the country
GJEPC Membership Registration
The exporter who wishes to procure RCMC from GJEPC have to follow the guidelines explained here:
The eligibility criteria for GJEPC Membership are listed as follows:
A Manufacturer Exporter is a person who manufactures and imports the goods herself/himself for export purposes.
Merchant Exporter is a person who does the trading and imports the raw materials, get them manufactured on job or contract basis and export the finished products.
The applicant needs to furnish the following document as per the criteria of GJEPC.
For Manufacturer Exporter
- Import Export Code (IEC) issued by the licensing authorities concerned
- Proof of self-attested GST
- Personal Account Number (PAN)
- Small Scale Industries (SSI), Industrial Entrepreneur Memorandum (IEM), MSME (Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum) registration certificate
- Online generated signature paper signed by the forwarding agent such as the owner, a partner, investor (as per) and verified by the bank of the world-class
- Memorandum and Articles of Association (MOA) in the case of companies
- Partnership dees in the case of partnership firms
For Merchant Exporter
Along with the above-mentioned documents, the Chartered Accountant’s Certificate mentioning Export Turnover or Domestic Turnover in respect of GJEPC’s products for the last two years should be enclosed.
Documents Required GJEPC RCMC Renewal
The exporter needs to submit the following documents for the renewal of the registration cum membership certificate (RCMC) of the Gem and Jewellery Export promotion council (GJEPC).
- Self-attested copy of import-export code number issued by the affiliated authority
- Original Registration Certificate ( RCMC )
- Online renewal of membership created
- A copy of the online produced newsletter.
- Self-attested partnership document (if partnership firm)
- Memorandum and article of association (if the firm is a private limited company)
- An authenticated true copy of SSI, IEM, MSME Registration Certificate for Producer Exporter, issued by the concerned authority
- Cover letter
Membership Fee Details
The requisite fee for the GJEPC Membership Registration is tabulated here:
|Sl.No||Export Performance of Gem and Jewellery||Membership Fee||GST|
|1||Export up to Rs.25 Lakhs||Rs.6000||18%|
|2||Export above Rs.25 Lakhs up to Rs.1 Crore||Rs.10000||18%|
|3||Export above Rs.1 Crore up to Rs. 5 Crore||Rs.15000||18%|
|4||Export above Rs.5 Crore up to Rs. 15 Crore||Rs.30000||18%|
|5||Export above Rs.15 Crore up to Rs.50 Crore||Rs.40000||18%|
|6||Export above Rs.50 Crore up to Rs.100 Crore||Rs.65000||18%|
|7||Export above Rs.100 Crore up to Rs.500 Crore||Rs.100000||18%|
|8||Export above Rs.500 crore||Rs.200000||18%|
Note: The membership fee should be paid by 30th April of every year failing which the exporter loses the membership and is not eligible for voting
Application Procedure for Online RCMC of GJEPC
The traders who wish to procure RCMC from GJEP Council need to follow the guidelines explained below:
The trader needs to access the official website of the Gem and Jewellery Export promotion council (GJEPC). Form the main page, click on the New User registration option. The link will be redirected to the RCMC application page.
Click on proceed with the registration option. An application form will be displayed in the system. The applicant is required to provide the requisite details such as Firm Details, PAN, IEC Number in the prescribed form. After entering the details, the applicant has to click on the submit button.
On submission of the RCMC application, the applicant will receive the login id and password. The applicant needs to login to the homepage using the credentials. My new GZEPC dashboard will appear after login.
The applicant is requested to click on the application for option new membership and fill the details respectively. After the completion of the process take printouts of the new membership documents.
The completed GJEPC membership application form along with the supporting documents and requisite fee needs to be sent to the regional office of the Gem and Jewellery Export promotion council (GJEPC) for verification.
RCMC GJEP Council will be issued from the respective Regional Office of Gem and Jewellery Export promotion council (GJEPC) situated at New Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Surat, and Jaipur.