Launch of New DGFT Platform
Launch of New DGFT Platform
As part of the Digital India programme and to ensure Ease of Doing Business, Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) has planned to launch a new DGFT platform. The DGFT vide its trade notification dated 25th June 2020 has announced that the first phase of the DGFT new digital platform will Go-Live on 13th July 2020. This upgraded DGFT platform will become accessible through the Existing DGFT website.
The primary objective of this initiative is to revamp the DGFT services delivery mechanisms and to promote and facilitate foreign trade. The current article exhaustively explains the launch of the New DGFT platform and its features.
The Gist of DGFT Trade Notification
Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) has upgraded to a new DGFT platform to make business services easy and better for traders. DGFT has notified that the DGFT will be offering services related to the Importer Exporter Code (Digital Delivery of IEC) in the first phase, and all other online services will be rolled out subsequently after the first phase stabilizes.
DGFT also informed that for the go-live of the first phase and the required systems configurations, the IEC applications and modification process would be suspended from 3:00 pm on 10.07.2020 till 13.07.2020. Stakeholders are requested to plan about the IEC services.
Services offered by New DGFT platform
The following services will be offered to Exporter/Importer in the DGFT’s newly developed platform:
Services Related to Importer Exporter Code – First Phase
- From 13th July 2020, the trader can access the New DGFT Platform for obtaining the Importer Exporter Code (IEC), IEC Modification, IEC amendments.
- Along with the IEC process, a virtual assistant – Chatbot will be available in the new platform to address the trader’s queries.
All Other DGFT Services – Next Phase
Once the first phase of the new DGFT platform stabilizes, the DGFT will offer the following service to traders in the next phase.
- Services related to Advance Authorization
- Services related to the Export Promotion Capital Goods (EPCG) scheme
- Exports obligation Discharge
Enhanced Features of New DGFT Platform
- The new DGFT platform is also designed for the smooth migration of legacy (older) data of DGFT and its stakeholders. The existing data will be used for the online processing of the previous applications henceforth.
- The trader will be able to monitor the status of the applications and pending obligations. These numerous features should significantly benefit the trade community. Traders are requested to familiarize themselves with the new platform and its features.
Procedure to Use New DGFT platform
The trader can access the DGFT services only through a valid username and password; the new digital platform has been designed accordingly.
DGFT User Registration
For creating DGFT user ID, the registered mobile number, Email-ID of the IEC holders is mandatorily required and the same will be authenticated by the process of the OTP/email-based authentication process.
Link Login ID with IEC
According to the new DGFT platform design, the DGFT user needs to link the login IDs (DGFT User ID) to their specific Import Export Code.
The process of linking user ID with IEC will be available post login through Digital Signature/Aadhaar based e-Sign.
Digital Signature (DSC)/Aadhaar based e-Sign
Digital Signature (DSC)/Aadhaar based e-Sign will be required for the following services
- IEC Application
- Modification of IEC
- Adding or updating the IEC-linked users
Note: The trader needs to take necessary actions for procuring/updating the information on the Digital Signature (DSC) or Aadhaar.
Apply for the DGFT Services
The newly created user profile can be used to engage with DGFT and its services. As mentioned above, after login to the portal, users can electronically apply related Import Export Code, Advance Authorization, and Export Promotion Capital Goods (EPCG) scheme. Along with the application following services will also available for the trader.
- Amendments and Redemption
- Monitoring the status of the application
- Raising queries,
- Replying to the deficiencies
- All other services related to the Foreign Trade policy
To know more about the DGFT trade notification, refer to the following official document:Trade Notice 16 - Stage 1A Go-live