Bonafide Certificate – Application Procedure
Bonafide Certificate is a document which is issued as a proof that an individual belongs to the particular education institute or a particular organisation. It is a certificate of proof that he/ she is a student of a particular class and course in the institution during a specified time period. An person would require a bonafide certificate in number of cases like seeking employment, applying for education loan, applying for visa, etc,
Purpose of Bonafide Certificate
Bonafide certificates are essential for following purposes.
- To apply educational loans
- To visit an industry for project
- To attend a seminar/conferences/workshops in other colleges
- For availing travel concessions to students
- Passport application
- To joining public library
- Visa extension to students
- To take a loan from a bank
- To open a bank account
- To attend an official seminar or conference
Content of Bonafide Certificate
Bonafide certificate usually includes the name of the school, information of students and the entrance number, the class in which the student is currently studying in case of students.
In case the certificate is issued to an employee, it would contain contact information of the employee, his/her position with the company and important details about the employer. In some cases, date of birth is also provided in the certificate based on the nature of certificate and the requirement.
- Application Form
- Photo copy of ID card
- Fee Receipt (Fees to be paid at Counter while submitting application form)
- Copy of Employee ID card
- Copy of Pay slip
Bonafide Certificate for Students
One can communicate with the concerned department of the organization/institute dealing with the matter for basic information regarding issuing.
- In order to acquire the certificate, one has to apply to the head of the institute/organization in writing. This is a simple request letter to the concerned person of the institution to apply for a Bonafide certificate
- In some Institutions, student needs to submit an application in a prescribed format to the Institute. A sample copy of Bonafide Application is shown here. In case of first year & direct second year students needs to attach leaving certificate of earlier college along with application form.
Bonafide Certificate for Employees
In order to acquire the Bonafide certificate, one has to apply to the head of the institute/organization in writing. This is a simple request letter to the concerned person of a company for applying for a certificate. A sample copy of Employee Bonafide Requisition Letter is shown here.
Issue of Bonafide Certificate
Bonafide certificate issuing duration will be different for different institution. It is issued on printed letter head of the institution and duly signed/ stamped.Bonafide Certificate should contain fee structure for applying for education loan. A sample copy of the certificate is shown here.
Income Tax eFiling
We have made the Income Tax eFiling, simple and easy. File your income tax return online with the dedicated Tax Experts support from IndiaFilings.
IndiaFilings.com (ERI ID: ERIA100945) is an Income Tax Department authorised eReturn Intermediary.