DGFT Registration cum Membership Certificate (RCMC) – Online Procedure
DGFT Registration cum Membership Certificate (RCMC) – Online Procedure
The Director-General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) issued Trade Notice No.35/2021-2022 for Mandatory Electronic filing of Registration Cum Membership Certificate (RCMC) or Registration Certificate (RC) through DGFT Common Digital Platform with effect from 01.04.2022.
Earlier, an exporter desiring to obtain an RCMC had to file an application in Form ANF 2C with the concerned Export Promotional Council (EPC) and declare his mainstream business in the application.
With this Trade Notice, DGFT informed that a new Common Digital Platform (DGFT e-RCMC module) for Issuance of RCMC had been developed, which would be single-point access for all exporters & importers.
Synopsis of the DGFT Notification
The synopsis of the DGFT notification about the Registration Cum Membership Certificate (RCMC) is as follows:
- DGFT now announced that from 1st April 2022, it would be mandatory for the exporters to file a Registration cum Membership Certificate (RCMC)/Registration Certificate through the Common Digital Platform.
- The general procedure of submitting applications directly to the designated Registering Authorities will continue till 31.03.2022.
- All Registering Authorities, as notified under Appendix-2T, are requested to ensure they are on-boarded on the eRCMC portal before 31st March 2022.
Click here to know more about the Electronic filing and Issuance of Registration cum Membership Certificate (RCMC)
Registration-cum Membership Certificate
Registration-Cum-Membership Certificate (RCMC) is a certificate that validates an exporter dealing with products registered with an agency/ organization that the Indian Government authorizes.
As mentioned above, an exporter desiring to obtain an RCMC has to file an application in Form ANF 2C with the concerned Export Promotional Council (EPC) and declare his mainstream business in the application. With this Trade Notice, DGFT informed that a new Common Digital Platform (DGFT e-RCMC module) for Issuance of RCMC/RC had been developed, which would be single-point access for all exporters & importers.
There are 26 Export promotion councils and nine commodities boards in India. Export Promotional Councils (EPC) and Commodities board in India are the authorities for issuing the RCMC.
Each of the Export Promotion Councils and commodities boards in India categorizes itself according to the Type of products.
- In case an export product is not covered by any Export Promotion Council/Commodity Board etc., RCMC in respect thereof is to be obtained from FIFO.
- Further, in case of multi-product is yet to be settled, the exporter has an option to obtain RCMC from the Federation of Indian Exporters Organization (FIEO).
- Regarding multi-product exporters having their head office/registered office in the North Eastern States, RCMC may be obtained from Shellac & Forest Products Export Promotion Council (except for the products looked after by APEDA, Spices Board, and Tea Board).
- In respect of exporters of handicrafts and handloom products from the State of Jammu & Kashmir, the Director, Handicrafts, Government of Jammu & Kashmir, is authorized to issue Registration Cum Membership Certificate (RCMC)
Validity of RCMC
RCMC is valid from 1st April of the licensing year when it is issued and is valid for five years that ends on 31st March of the licensing year
DGFT Common Digital Platform for Electronic filing of RCMC – e-RCMC module
As mentioned above, DGFT has launched the Common Digital Platform (e-RCMC) module as part of the IT Revamp project. The standard digital platform is single-point access for e-filing RCMC/RC for all exporters/importers and Issuing agencies.
This Common Digital Platform is designed to provide an electronic, contactless single window for the RCMC/RC-related processes, including Application for Fresh/ Amendment/ Renewal of RCMC/ RC.
The Common Digital Platform for Electronic filing of RCMC shall be available at https://dgft.gov.in.
Features of the e-RCMC module
Features of the current e-RCMC module for issuance of Registration cum Membership Certificate (RCMC) are summarized below:
- One of the essential features of the e-RCMC module is the Electronic (Paperless & contactless) and Real-Time Issuance of Certificate
- This module provides the Single Source of Information – IEC Details are auto-authenticated and shared across the Trade Ecosystem.
- CBDT and MCA Integration are in-built into the System For PAN/DIN Details Auto-validation in Exporters IEC Profile.
- Auto-generation of invoices by the System is an essential feature of this module.
Documents Required for RCMC
The following are the required documents that have to be enclosed along with the application form.
- IEC number that is issued by the concerned regional licensing authority.
- The competent authority grants a permanent Account Number (PAN).
- Company’s MOA (For Corporate/ institutional/ Private Limited/ Limited company).
- Self-certified copy of the company’s Partnership Deed (For Partnership company and Individual Ordinary).
- Trust’s Deed (For Trusts/ institutional/ Corporate).
- The certificate issued by the Registrar of Companies concerning the company’s registered office change.
- The last three years’ Services Export Data (Foreign Exchange Earnings) has to be certified by the company’s Chartered Accountant.
- Board Resolution or Power of Attorney issued in favor of signing authority if the name of the signing authority is not mentioned in the IEC/ MOA/ Partnership Deed/ Trust Deed of the company/ firm/ Trust.
- GST registration certificate
Registration cum Membership Certificate (RCMC) – Online Procedure
The application procedure for applying for the Registration cum Membership Certificate (RCMC) through the e-RCMC module of the DGFT Website is as follows:
New User Registration
- Access the official webpage of DGFT and proceed with the registration process. Provide the Registration Details and Select Register User as “Exporter/Exporter.”
- Furnish the OTPs received on email and mobile number; upon Successful validation of the OTP, you can receive a notification containing the temporary password, which you need to change upon the first login.
Apply for RCMC
- After login into the portal, the Applicant needs to Navigate to Services and e-RCMC from the drop-down menu.
- The application window will display by clicking on the Apply for e-RCMC option.
- Click on Start Fresh Application, or to continue with Draft Application, select and click on Proceed with Existing Application.
- A Dashboard with a username will be displayed with Basic Details. The System would ask Applicant for a Declaration of whether he/she has updated his Profile or not
- Click on Radio Button, then click yes to ensure you have updated the Profile and Save & Next.
Provide the following RCMC Details
- Export Promotion Council / Commodity Board and Fee Details.
- Export Products / Services
- Authorized Representatives / Department Heads / Contact Persons for the Councils
- Countries to which the Company is Exporting
- After filling in all the details, the Applicant needs to Attach Documents under the Attachments Section by uploading the document from the Computer folder. Once the documents are uploaded, finally click on Save & Next.
Sign the Application
- Under the Declaration Section, read all the Declaration Lines. Click the Check box as acceptance of declaration, Enter the Place, and then Save & Next.
- The System will display the application along with documents uploaded under Application Summary. The Applicant would go ahead with the signing process by clicking the Sign button.
After that, Click Payment for RCMC Applicant would be directed to the payment gateway for the payment, then click Submit. Payments Response Page with Transaction ID will display, then again click Submit.
- After Successful Payment Applicant will receive an e-Payment receipt.
After scrutinizing the details, the concerned authority will issue the Registration cum Membership Certificate (RCMC)
View and Track Submitted e-RCMC Applications.
Applicant can view their Submitted Application from Track Application Status.
- Navigate to My Dashboard and then select Submitted Applications
- Select Type of scheme as RCMC
- Type of sub-scheme as Application for Amendment of Registration-cum Membership Certificate. Click on Search.
- Type of sub-scheme as Application for Renewal of Registration-cum Membership Certificate. and click on Search
- View Submitted e-RCMC Details in IEC Profile
- on the Home Page, navigate to Manage Profile. After clicking on Manage Profile, a Dashboard with username along with all the details will be Click on RCMC to view thee-RCMC details in the IEC profile
Amendment of the Issued RCMC
An active RCMC holder can amend the Issued RCMC. Application details previously filled at the time of issuance of RCMC would be available in the System and prepopulated in the Form. The steps to apply for an Amendment of RCMC on the DGFT website are as follows.
Navigate to Services > e-RCMC > Amendment for RCMC.
Renewal of Registration-cum Membership Certificate.
Only applicants with RCMC issued earlier shall be able to apply for renewal of the RCMC. RCMC details would be available in the System and prepopulated in the Form as per the application at the time of issuance/amendment, whichever has the latest details. Renewal of the RCMC can be available for only expired certificates. The steps to apply for the Renewal of RCMC on the DGFT website are as follows.
Navigate to Services > e-RCMC > Renewal of RCMC
Import Export Code
The Import Export Code is a primary document that is necessary for commencing Import-export activities. For exporting or importing any goods or services the IE code is to be obtained.IEC has numerous benefits for the growth of the business. Certainly, you cannot ignore the necessity of IE code registration as it is mandatory. You can apply for an Import Export code through IndiaFilings and obtain it within 6 to 7 days.
Post by Renu Suresh
Renu is experience content writer specialised in compliances and company rules.