Tea Board India
Tea Board India
The Tea Board India is an organization administered by the Ministry of Commerce, the Government of India to promote tea production and the export of Indian tea. The Tea Board acts as an Export promotion agency for promoting Indian Tea and supporting the development of domestic Tea markets. The Board, which is headquartered at Kolkata works towards boosting the growth of the Indian Tea industry by conducting international trade fairs, exhibitions and other export promotional activities.
Objective of the Tea Board
The primary objective of the Tea Board of India is to enhance the production, productivity, and quality of the Indian tea products and to bring about exports of Indian tea to various destinations globally.
Vision of Tea Board India
The vision of the Tea Board is to make our country as leading producer and supplier of quality tea in the global market.
Mission of Tea Board India
The mission of Tea Board India is to develop effective management strategies to facilitate the tea export.
- To inaugurate an innovative processing technology for producing good quality teas in India
- Augmentation of high-value tea exports from India to global markets
- The competence and innovation in tea plantations
- Capacity Building for human resources at all levels in tea Industry
- Strengthening of Research and Development (R&D) efforts on all aspects of tea husbandry and technology
Products Covered under Tea Board India
The Tea Board India issues RCMC for export of the following types and grades of Tea products:
- Bulk tea
- Packet tea
- Instant tea
Tea Board Membership Benefits
On grant of registration as an exporter of tea, Tea Board India issues the Registration-cum-Membership-Certificate (RCMC). The Benefits of obtaining Membership from the Tea Board of India is as follows:
- The Tea Board members can participate in the Major tea trade shows and exhibitions held in major tea consuming nations. The key idea of this export promotion activity is to promote awareness about the quality of the Indian Tea to the overseas roasters, traders and consumers.
- The Tea Board India conducts many programs for exporters to select fine teas and expose them to export markets.
- The exports of valued added teas in retail packs and export of tea to high-value far-off destinations are eligible for the incentives under the Tea board’s export promotion scheme.
- To offset the transaction costs to some extent and enable the Indian exporters to be competitive in the export market, assistance is provided to exporters.
- The export incentives furnish an opportunity to expand the Indian Tea in higher value destinations and reinforcing presence in the traditional markets.
Tea Board Membership Registration
Every registered exporter of need to register with the Tea Board for obtaining Registration cum-Membership Certificate under the Export-Import Policy of the Government of India to avail import/export entitlement and duty drawback benefits.
The eligibility criteria for obtaining RCMC from Tea Board are as follows:
A Manufacturer Exporter is a person who manufactures and imports the Tea products herself/himself for export purposes.
Merchant Exporter is a person who does the trading and imports the tea raw materials, gets them manufactured on a job or contract basis and exports the finished tea products.
Required Documents for Tea Board RCMC
The applicant firm needs to submit the following required documents to the Tea Board to obtain RCMC:
- Application form in prescribed format with properly signed along with date and seal of the proprietor, partner, Director, Authorized Signatory
- Copy of Import Export Code (IEC) issued by DGFT
- Copy of Tea Board’s exporter license
- Declaration in the company letterhead to the effect that the applicant is regularly submitting monthly export returns (including NIL returns) to Tea Board
- Application fees by D.D drawn in favour of Tea Board, Kolkata
Note: The applicant is required to submit the above-mentioned documents for the renewal of RCMC.
Application Fee for Tea Board Membership Registration
The applicant needs to pay an application fee of Rs.5600 for obtaining the Registration cum Membership Certificate from Tea Board India.
The validity of Tea Board RCMC
The Tea Board India’s Registration Cum Membership Certificate (RCMC) is valid till the validity of the exporter license or validity of the current Foreign Trade Policy, whichever is earlier.
Application Procedure for Tea Board India Membership Registration
An exporter has to submit an application for registering with the Tea Board as one of the Member of a registered exporter of Tea. After registration of the exporter as Registered Tea Exporter, the tea board will issue RCMC:
The applicant firm needs to apply for RCMC in the prescribed format and furnish the same to the nearest Regional Office or Head Office or Zonal office of the Tea Board.
Tea Board of India RCMC
The Tea Board India will issue Registration Cum Membership Certificate (RCMC) within 2 working days from the date of receipt of the RCMC application (if found incomplete in all respect) in the Head office and within 10 working days if the applications submitted in the Zonal/Regional Offices of the Board.
Online Application Procedure
The applicant can also apply online for getting RCMC of Tea Board, the procedure is as follows:
- The exporter needs to access the home page of the eGiCCS Portal of Tea Board India to obtain the Registration Cum Membership Certificate.
- From the home page, select the Sign Up option and provide the details of the Applicant name, Company details, and contact details. By clicking on the register option, the applicant will provide with a User name and password.
- After login to the portal, the applicant needs to select the Registration Cum Membership Certificate (RCMC) radio button and click on the Proceed button. By clicking on the Click to Apply option, the applicant can provide all mandatory details for issuing the RCMC.
- Provide the details of the main line of business, IEC code, if applicable and description of goods to be exported and then click Save and Next to move to the next page.
- In the new page, provide details of the name and address of branch offices, name and address of factory, SSI registration details, export license details and then click on Save and Next button to proceed further.
- In the new section, attach all supporting documents by clicking the attach button and then click Save and Next. After attaching the document, select the payment mode for completing the RCMC application fee payment.
- After the payment, the applicant needs to download the form and sign on the application form and upload the same, after uploading the application; the applicant can submit the application to tea board.
- After the successful submission of the application, the applicant takes a printout of the receipt of the application for future reference.
- The Tea Board will issue the Registration Cum Membership Certificate (RCMC) within two working days from the date of receipt of the application.