FSSAI Rules for Food Business
FSSAI Rules for Food Business
All food business operators in India are required to abide by the following FSSAI rules. All food business operators are required to obtain FSSAI registration and follow the below rules:
FSSAI Registration or License
Any person involved in the manufacturing, production, processing, packaging, transportation, distribution or storage of food products are required to obtain FSSAI registration or FSSAI license. On obtaining registration, a true copy of the FSSAI should at all times be displayed at a prominent place in the premises of the food business.
All food business operators are required to inform FSSAI authorities about any change or modifications in activities of the food business. Also, FSSAI licensees must ensure that no product other than the product indicated in the FSSAI license or FSSAI registration is produced in the unit.
Further, FSSAI licensee are also required to give access to Licensing Authorities or their authorised personnel to the food business premises, if requested.
Employ Qualified Person
All food business license holders are required to employ at least one technical person to supervise the production process. The person supervising the production process should possess a degree in Science with Chemistry or Bio Chemistry or Food and Nutrition or Microbiology or a degree or diploma in Food Technology or Dairy technology or Dairy Microbiology or Dairy Chemistry or Dairy Engineering or Oil Technology or Veterinary Science or Hotel Management or any degree or diploma in any other discipline.
File Annual Return
FSSAI license holders are required to furnish periodic annual return (1st April to 31st March), within upto 31st May of each year. For those food business involved in collection or handling or manufacturing of milk and milk products, half yearly returns must be filed.
Maintain Clean & Hygienic Facility
All FSSAI licensee’s are required to required to follow the following conditions to ensure that all food is prepared or processed or stored in a clean and hygienic facility:
- Maintain factory’s sanitary and hygienic standards and worker’s hygiene as specified in the FSSAI rules.
- Maintain daily records of production, raw materials, utilization and sales separately.
- Ensure that the source and standards of raw material used are of optimum quality.
- Not manufacture, store or expose for sale, any article of food in any premises that are not effectively separated from any privy, urinal, sullage, drain or place of storage of foul and waste matter.
- Regularly clean the machine and equipments.
- Ensure testing of relevant chemical and/or microbiological contaminants in food products, at least once in six months.
- Ensure that the required temperature is maintained throughout the supply chain from the place of procurement or sourcing till it reaches the end consumer.
Income Tax eFiling
We have made the Income Tax eFiling, simple and easy. File your income tax return online with the dedicated Tax Experts support from IndiaFilings.
IndiaFilings.com (ERI ID: ERIA100945) is an Income Tax Department authorised eReturn Intermediary.