Revised List of Documents Required for FSSAI License
Revised List of Documents Required for FSSAI License
A list of documents required to be submitted when applying for a new FSSAI license and renewal/modification of permit was issued by Food Safety, and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) vide a Notification dated 19th March 2021. With this Notification, FSSAI has come up with a KoB-wise list of documents to be submitted with the application for a license. The current article briefs the documents required for obtaining FSSAI License.
Log onto www.indiafilings.com to learn more about FSSAI Licensing and the relevant compliances. Our team of FSSAI experts will guide you throughout the process.
Synopsis of Notification
- The FSSAI announced that necessary changes have also been made to the Food Safety Compliance System (FoSCoS) online licensing and registration system.
- The documents must be self-attested by the authorities’ signatory/proprietor before being uploaded on FoSCoS.
- The following documents are to be enclosed for the new, conversion, and renewal of FSSAI for a license, and the same is to be submitted to State/Central Licensing Authority.
- These documents apply to the following three types of FSSAI/ Food Licence.
- FSSAI Basic License
- FSSAIState License
- FSSAICentral License
Know more about the FSSAI Announces Relaxation to FBO – COVID 19
Revised List of KoB-wise Mandatory Documents
The KoB-wise list of documents is divided into two parts, i.e., Documents for Non-Manufacturing KoBs and Documents for Manufacturing KoBs.
Documents for Non-Manufacturing KoBs
The KoBs wise mandatory documents for Non-Manufacturing KoBs are as follows:
The list of documents for non-manufacturing/processing Kind of Business applicable for all kinds of business:
- List of Directors/Partners/Proprietor/Executive members of Society/ Trust with full address and contact details with the nomination of authorized Signatory
- Photo ID and address proof issued by Government authority of Proprietor/Partner/Directors /Authorized Signatory
- Proof of possession of premises (Sale deed/Rent Agreement/Electricity bill)
- Partnership Deed/Self Declaration for Proprietorship/Momendrum and Article of Association towards the constitution of the firm
- Copy of Certificate obtained under Coop Act – 1861
- Form IX – Nomination of Person
Documents for Manufacturing KoBs
A list of additional specific documents related to the type of food business activity is given here:
|Sl.No||Type of Food Business||Documents Required|
|1||Hotels, Restaurants, Food Vending Establishments, Club/Canteen||Analysis report of water to be as an ingredient in food from a recognized/public health laboratory|
|2||Importer||Importer Export Code and Recall Pan|
|3||Merchant Exporter||Importer Export Code and Declaration that products meant for export only shall not be exposed for sale and consumption in the domestic market.|
|4||Head office/Registered office/e-Commerce||Recall Pan|
|5||Transporters||List of Vehicle Registration Numbers|
Documents Required for Manufacturers/Processors
The following documents are applicable for all manufacturing and processing KoBs.
- List of Directors, Partners, Proprietor, Executive Members of Society, Trust with full address and contact details with the nomination of authorized Signatory
- Photo ID and address of proof issued by the Government authority of the Proprietor, Partner, Directors, and authorized Signatory
- Proof of Possession of premises (Sale Deed, Rent Agreement, Electricity Bill)
- Partnership Deed, Self Declaration for Proprietorship, Memorandum, and Article of Association towards the constitution of the firm
- Copy of certificate obtained under Coop Act-1861
- Form IX- Nomination of a person as the FSS Rules, 2008
- Blueprint/layout plan of the processing unit showing the dimensions in meters/square meters and operation-wise area location.
- Production unit photographs
- Name and list of equipment and Machinery along with a number, installed capacity, and horsepower used
- Analysis report (Chemical and bacteriological) of water to be used as an ingredient in food from recognized /public health laboratory
Additional Specific Documents for Manufacturing/Processing Activity
|Type of Manufacturing/Processing Activity||
|Dairy Processing||Source or procurement plan for milk|
Source of Raw Material
NOC from Municipal Corporation /Local body
|Slaughter House||NOC from Municipal Corporation /Local body|
|Relabellers and Repackers||NOC from Manufactures|
|Nutraceuticals||Product Specification of each product|
|Proprietary Foods||Composition of each product|
|Packaged Drinking Water||Pesticide residues report water to be used as an ingredient|
|Novel Foods||Product Approval from FSSAI HQ for each product|
Additional Documents to Manufacturer – Exporters
- Import Export Code
- A declaration that the product meant for export only shall not be exposed for sale and consumption in the domestic market. Further, the effects (meant for export only) meet the importing country’s standards.
- Ministry of Commerce Certificate for 100% EOU
Other Documents list irrespective of Kind of Business
- In case of extraction of groundwater, NOC from CGWA as per FSSAI order dated 2nd January 2018 and 11th January 2021
- Any document which is required by the licensing authority to ensure food safety of food
- Any document specified by FSSAI or Commissioner of Food Safety through a public order for any particular Kind of Business Activity
Documents Required for Renewal of License
The following documents will apply to all kinds of business
- FSMS Certificate
- Updating of details of Nominee
- Modification of License
- Supporting Document for modification on letterhead
- Any document which is required by licensing authority to ensure the safety of food
The official Notification about the Revised List of Documents Required for the FSSAI License is attached here for reference: