Copyright Registration In Meghalaya
Copyright registration gives the right of ownership entitled to literature, drama, music, artworks, sound recordings, etc. Copyright registration in Meghalaya grants the owner a bundle of rights that comprise of right to reproduction, communication to the public, adaptation as well as translation.
Registering copyright in Meghalaya ensures certain minimum safeguards to the rights of ownership and enjoyment of the author over the creation.
Let us take a look at the documents that are required to obtain copyright registration in Meghalaya:
- Name, address, and nationality of the applicant
- NOC from the publisher if the publisher and the applicant are two different individuals
- Search certificate from the trademark office if there is any
- NOC from the person whose photograph is appearing on the work
- Power of attorney
- 2 copies of the work can be a book or source code in CS
- KYC of the author
Copyright registration in Meghalaya is done as per the regulations of the Copyright Act, 1957. The authors of the creative work cannot be copied as no person is allowed to use the same without the permission of the author or the permission of the creator. In case someone else is using the author’s work the author can charge them. The copyright protection typically lasts for 60 years.