Lakshadweep Ration Card
Lakshadweep Ration Card
In Lakshadweep, it is advisable for all residents of the State to hold ration card which is issued by the Department of Food and Civil Supplies. The objective of the issue of ration card in the State of Lakshadweep is to implement the National Food Security Act, which provides the essential food commodities such as rice, wheat, sugar, kerosene, fertilisers, LPG, etc. to its residents at highly subsidised prices. It also helps the residents of the State of Lakshadweep to use ration card as an identification proof while applying for domicile certificate, income certificate, PAN, etc. In this article, we look at the procedure for obtaining the Lakshadweep Ration Card in detail.
Purpose of Obtaining Ration Card
The following are the purpose of obtaining a ration card in the State of Lakshadweep.
- Ration card serves as a proof of residence while selling or buying of property/land.
- Ration card is mandatory to apply for a loan from the banks.
- Ration card acts as a primary identity proof for citizenship.
- Ration card is compulsory to avail various government services which are granted to the residents of the State.
- Ration card also supports as an identity proof for the entire family, which contains details about the number of family members, income levels, number of children, gender, photographs, etc.
Ration Card Categories
Depending upon on the economic status of the residents of the State of Lakshadweep, the government issues types of ration card as mentioned below:
APL Ration Cards: The families with income above the poverty line index will hold Above Poverty Line (APL) Ration Cards.
BPL Ration Cards: The families with annual income less than that specified in the poverty index will hold Below Poverty Line Ration Cards.
AAY Ration Cards: Antyodaya Anna Yojana Cards are provided to families those who meet special conditions. This card allows the family to have the highest level of subsidy rates.
SBPL Ration Cards: State Below Poverty Line cards are issued to the families with the annual income less than which specified in the State level.
- The applicant and his/her family member should be a permanent resident of the State of Lakshadweep.
- The applicant should be the head of the family.
- New applicant: The resident of the State must not already be in possession of a ration card.
- Applicant has a ration card at the previous place: If any individual transferred from one place to another. In this case, requires Surrender Certificate from the District and Block Level Supply officer of the respective area where the person was residing previously.
- In case of marriage, if the entry is to be recorded in the ration card: In this instance also, Surrender certificate is required from the previous place of residence, issued by the District and Block level Supply officer.
- Birth of a child: For adding the name of the child in the ration card the birth certificate of the child is needed along with the ration card in which the addition has to be made, and the application addressed to the District and Block level Supply officer.
The following are the required documents should have furnished along with the application form while applying for a ration card.
- Voter Identity card
- PAN card
- Passport size photograph of the family members.
- Bank passport
- Aadhaar card
- LPG connection details.
- Electricity and telephone bill.
- Agreement of house.
- Birth certificate
- School leaving certificate.
- Government Fee
Ration Card Issuing Authority in Lakshadweep
The ration card shall be issued by the competent authority of each island in the State of Lakshadweep is Sub Divisional Officer (SDO) who is a revenue official.
Ration Card Application Procedure
To apply for a ration card in the State of Lakshadweep, follow the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Official Website
Visit the home page of the Public Distribution System Portal of Lakshadweep.
Step 2: Download Application Form
Click on “Downloads” option which is available on the home page of the portal, and it will redirect to the next page where select ” New Ration Card ” option, and download the ration card application form in a PDF format.
Lakshadweep Ration Card Application Form
Step 3: Complete the Details
Fill out the ration card application form with the appropriate information like
- Application name
- Card type
- Total family annual income
- Gas connection number
- Address details
Step 4: Submit the Application
After filling the details in the application form, submit it to the concerned authority along with the required documents.
Post by Sivaramakrishnan
IndiaFilings is India's largest online compliance services platform dedicated to helping people start and grow their business, at an affordable cost. We were started in 2014 with the mission of making it easier for Entrepreneurs to start their business. We have since helped start and operate tens of thousands of businesses by offering a range of business services. Our aim is to help the entrepreneur on the legal and regulatory requirements, and be a partner throughout the business lifecycle, offering support at every stage to ensure the business remains compliant and continually growing.