Chhattisgarh Marriage Certificate
Chhattisgarh Marriage Certificate
The marriage certificate is a legal document that proves that two people are married. Marriages can be registered either under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 or under the Special Marriage Act, 1954 or Christian Marriage Act in India. In this article, we look at the procedure for obtaining a Chhattisgarh marriage certificate in detail.
Benefits of Marriage Certificate
Benefits for obtaining the marriage certificate in Chhattisgarh are as follows:
- The marriage certificate is required for obtaining a visa or passport, opening a bank account after the marriage.
- Marriage certificate enables a spouse in claiming an insurance or bank deposits in case of demise of an insured person.
- The marriage certificate is compulsory for couples to travel abroad using a spouse visa.
To apply for a marriage certificate in the state of Chhattisgarh, the applicant needs to possess the following eligibility conditions.
- Both the bride and groom should be residents of Chhattisgarh to register for marriage.
- Both the bride and groom should be 18 years and 21 years of age.
At the time of submitting the application form, produce the following documents:
- Application signed by both husband and wife.
- Proof of birth (Birth Certificate) for marriage age of 21 years or more and bridegroom age 18 years or more at the time of marriage in registration under special marriage act.
- Ration card of husband or wife issued by Sub Divisional Magistrate in the respective area.
- Documents to prove the stay in Chhattisgarh for more than 30 days under the Special Marriage Act.
- Affidavit of both parties in which the place of marriage, date of marriage, marital status and nationality during the marriage are mentioned.
- Two passport size photo and photograph of a marriage
- Wedding invitation letter, if any.
- If marriage is done at a religious place, then the certificate by the priest, who completes the marriage.
- In the case of divorce, the order of divorce and verified copy of death certificate in case of widow/widower.
Government Fee Details
The applicant has to process a fee of Rs.30 for application and marriage registration, the applicant should remit payment of Rs.500.
Online Application Process
To register for a marriage certificate online, follow the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: The applicant has to visit the official website of Chhattisgarh Government.
Step 2: Click on “Certificate Services” option from the service menu, which is visible on the home page of the portal.
Step 3: After selecting the certificate service option, a page will open with “List of Service”.
Step 4: Now click on “Marriage registration and Certificate” from a number of the list.
Step 5: In the next page, click on the “Login “ button by providing the user id and password.
Step 6: If registering for the first time, the applicant needs to click “Click Here For New Registration” and then the registration form will appear on the screen.
Step 7: Fill up the registration form to create your account and log in again into the portal.
Step 8: Then apply for a marriage certificate by clicking on the ” Marriage Registration and Certificate” option.
Step 9: Now, the user has to fill up the application form and attach the documents required for successful registration.
Note: Upon submission, the applicant will receive the reference number as an acknowledgement.
Track Application Status
To check the online status of the application, the applicant must go to the official website of Chhattisgarh e-District. After this, you will have to “Click on the status check of application”. After clicking, you will have to enter your application number to view the status of your application online.
After verification, the applicant will receive the certificate within 15 days from the date of application.