Uttar Pradesh Death Certificate
Uttar Pradesh Death Certificate
In Uttar Pradesh, it is mandatory to register death under the State Government of Uttar Pradesh as per the provision of Registrations of Death Act, 1961. A death certificate is an important legal document which is issued by the Urban department to certify the deceased state of an individual. In this article, we look at the purpose, documents required and procedure for obtaining an Uttar Pradesh death certificate.
Reasons For Obtaining Death Certificate
There are several reasons to obtain a death certificate which declares the cause, location and time of death. This certificate serves as a proof for legal purposes to collect pension benefits, claiming life insurance, medical benefits and other official commitments.
Who Can Register Death?
The death of an individual has to be registered within 21 days from the date of death. The following person is responsible for registering the death in Uttar Pradesh:
- If death occurs in the house, the head of the household is eligible to register the death in the concerned Registrar Office.
- If the death happens in the hospital, a person authorizable by the medical institution is responsible for recording /registering the death in the respective Registrar Office.
- If death occurs in jail, the jail in-charge can register the death with the concerned Registrar Office.
- If death occurs in a public place, the local police in-charge or headman of the village can record the death.
The following documents are to be provided at the time of applying for the death certificate.
- Application form.
- Ration card.
- Passport size photo of the deceased.
- Proof of death of the person.
- An affidavit, if registering death after one year of its occurrence.
For registering death following charges are applicable as below:
- The applicant can avail a death certificate at free of cost if registered within 21 days from the date of death.
- The applicant can avail death certificate by remitting a fee of Rs.2/- if registered after 21 days from the date of death.
- The applicant can avail death certificate by remitting a fee of Rs.5/- if registered after 30 days from the date of death.
Apply For Death Certificate through CSC Centers
To apply for the death certificate through CSC(Common service centres), follow the steps specified below:
Step 1: The applicant needs to visit the nearest CSC centre.
Step 2: Now, get an application form for a death certificate.
Step 3: Fill the required details which are mentioned in the application form and attach the specified documents along with it.death_pdf
Step 4: Submit the filled application form to the CSC operator.
Step 5: After submitting the application form, the applicant will receive SMS to the mobile number as an acknowledgement.
Step 6: Finally, payment has to be done by the applicant to process your application to the Nagar Nigam.
Note: The applicant can collect the death certificate either from the official website or Nigam service centre.
Apply for Death Certificate – Online
To apply for death certificate through online mode, follow the steps which are specified here:
Step 1: The applicant has to visit the official website of the Uttar Pradesh Government.
Step 2: Login into the portal by clicking the “Citizen’s Login” option.
Step 3: If reregistered already enter the mobile number and password or else Click “New Registration”.
Step 4: Once the registration is completed, log in again into the portal and click on the link death certificate to apply.
Step 5: Then, the user can proceed with filling the details in the application and upload the scanned documents.
Note: The applicant will receive an SMS to the registered mobile number as an acknowledgement.
Track Application Status
To check the application status of the death certificate proceeds, as mentioned below:
- Click this link and select the ” Death Certificate” option under the services for the citizen.
- Now click on the “Check Status” menu and provide your acknowledgement number to view the status of the application.
Download Death Certificate
To download death certificate click on the same link for tracking application status and then select “Download Death Certificate” option and provide your acknowledgement number and click on “Submit” button to download the digitally signed death certificate.