Surakshit Matritva Aashwasan Yojana
Surakshit Matritva Aashwasan Yojana
Surakshit Matritva Aashwasan Yojana is a Maternity Benefit Programme launched by the Ministry of Union Health and Family Welfare to provide quality healthcare to pregnant women and newborns. Under the scheme, zero expense access to identification is provided to all pregnant women, sick newborns and mothers up to six months after delivery. Let us look in detail about the Surakshit Matritva Aashwasan (SUMAN) Yojana in this article.
Also Read About – Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY)
Objective of the Scheme
The objective of the SUMAN scheme is to help pregnant women and also secures the development of the health care sector in the state. SUMAN scheme aims to reduce the maternal and infant mortality rates in the country and to stop all preventable maternal and infant deaths. This scheme intends to program population stabilization ensuring the maternal and child health, adolescent health along with the family planning. In addition, this scheme aims to improve the facilities in the Government hospitals and make sure to take care of the condition of present women in the state.
Benefits of the Scheme
Surakshit Matritva Aashwasan Yojana has various benefits associated with its use, that is listed below:
- Under this Surakshit Matritva Aashwasan Yojana, the pregnant women will be provided with easy and hassle-free access to all the medical facilities initiated by Government hospitals.
- The pregnant women would also be provided free transport from home to the health facility and drop back after discharge for the minimum time duration of 48 hrs that has been initiated by the Government.
- The C-section facility will be given to the pregnant women in case of any complications at the public health facilities.
- Under this scheme, there is no denial for services will be tolerated for the patients.
- The scheme that provides a positive and stress-free birth experience to the mother and newborn.
To know about the Maternity Benefits Act, 2016
All pregnant women and newborns are eligible for the scheme. Also, mothers up to 6 months of delivery will be capable to avail of the benefits under this scheme.
The applicant should furnish the following documents/records to apply for the Amma Maternity Nutrition Kit Scheme.
- Identity Proof: PAN Card, Aadhaar Card, Driving License, Voter ID Card, etc.
- Address Proof: Aadhar Card, Valid Passport, Utility bill, Property tax bill, Telephone bill, etc.
- Women’s pregnancy details from the concerned hospital.
The beneficiaries those who address the public health facilities will avail the following free services listed below:
- Four antenatal check-ups would be taken that also includes one checkup during the 1st trimester.
- One checkup under the Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan would be taken by the pregnant women.
- Tetanus Diptheria injection and Iron Folic Acid supplementation will be provided to pregnant women.
- Other components of the comprehensive ANC package
- Six home-based newborn care visits would be done.
- The scheme that grants zero expense access to identify and manage the complications during and after pregnancy.
- It also facilitates free transportation from home to health institutions.
To know about the National Health Policy
Health Facility Centers
Under the scheme, the beneficiaries visiting public health facilities in the rural and urban areas are as follows:
- Primary Health Centers
- Community Health Centers
- Rural Hospitals
- Sub-District Hospital
- District Hospital
- Medical College Hospital
- First Urban Dispensaries
- Second Urban Health Posts
- Third Maternity Homes
Registration Process of the Scheme
Surakshit Matritva Aashwasan Yojana can be applied through the local Health Care Centers by submitting the applications along with all the documents and necessary information of the pregnant women. The online application procedure for this scheme will be intimated in the official portal by the government. The Central Government is more likely to opt for an online application process for the ease of the applicants.
Post by Sinduja Shankar
IndiaFilings is India's largest online compliance services platform dedicated to helping people start and grow their business, at an affordable cost. We were started in 2014 with the mission of making it easier for Entrepreneurs to start their business. We have since helped start and operate tens of thousands of businesses by offering a range of business services. Our aim is to help the entrepreneur on the legal and regulatory requirements, and be a partner throughout the business lifecycle, offering support at every stage to ensure the business remains compliant and continually growing.