Rajasthan RERA Registration for Projects
Rajasthan RERA Registration for Projects
To improve the responsibility and accountability towards consumers, the Rajasthan Real Estate Regulation and Development Act (RERA) has mandated real estate promoters (real estate developers) to register the project and to obtain a valid registration number before proceeding with development. The promoter will not be permitted to market, advertise or sell the units before obtaining Rajasthan RERA registration for projects. In case the project is to be developed in phases, the promoter has to obtain registration for each phase separately. In this article, we will look at the procedure for obtaining Rajasthan RERA registration for projects in detail.
Know more about RERA Registration for Project
Real Estate Regulation and Development Act (RERA)
The Real Estate Regulation and Development Act (RERA), 2016 is considered as one of the landmark legislation passed by the Indian Government. The objective of RERA is to reform the real estate sector in our country, encouraging greater transparency, citizen centricity, accountability and financial discipline. RERA is in line with the vast and growing economy of India as in future; many people will be investing in the real estate sector.
Real Estate Projects Registration
- All residential and commercial real estate projects will have to be registered with Rajasthan RERA.
- Area of the property proposed to be developed (constructed) is more than five hundred square meters
- If the projects include more than eight apartments including of all phases
- The promoter has not received a completion certificate for a real estate project of the project before the initiation of this act. If the certificate is not obtained, the promoter has to pay the penalty which will extend up to ten percent of the estimated cost of the real estate projects. If the promoter applicant violates the rules continuously, then he will be punishable with imprisonment up to three years (3 years) or with a fine of ten per cent of the estimated cost of the real estate project or both
- Any alternation or deed in the real estate project which involves advertising, marketing, selling or new allotment of an apartment, and plot or building
Exemption of Projects
Following types of projects are exempted from the ambit of the RERA Act:
- If the area of land proposed to be developed does not exceed five hundred square meters or the number of apartments proposed to be development does not exceed eight, inclusive of all phases. The Rajasthan Government may reduce the threshold below 500 sqm or 8 apartments.
- Where the promoter has received a completion certificate for a real estate project before the commencement of the RERA act.
- For renovation or repair or re-development which does not involve marketing, advertising selling or new allotment of any apartment, plot or building, under the real estate project.
Note: The promoter can advertise his project for sale after the project has been registered with the Regulatory Authority
The following person/entity can apply for Rajasthan RERA Registration for Projects.
- Proprietorship Firm
- Partnership Firm
- Competent Authority
- Local Authority
Validity of Registration
As per RERA act, the validity of the registration granted to a project will be the period declared in Form-B by the promoter, at the time of making the application for registration, within which he would complete the project.
Withdraw of Project Registration Application
Any applicant promoter can withdraw his application. In case the promoter applies for the withdrawal of application for project registration before the expiry of the period of 1 month, registration fee to the extent of five percent paid under the Rules, or rupees twenty-five thousand whichever is more, will be retained as processing fee by the authority and the remaining amount will be refunded to the applicant within thirty days from the date of such withdraw.
Fee for Rajasthan RERA Registration for Projects
According to the RERA rules, the builders can register the project with Rajasthan RERA by paying a registration fee of Rs.5 per square meter. RERA has kept the maximum registration fee cap under this category at Rs.2 lakh. According to a RERA official, if the registration fee comes out to be Rs.12 lakhs as per the size of the plot, the developer has to pay that in order to get their project registered.
Fee for Group Housing Scheme
For group housing scheme, the regulatory authority has fixed the registration fee as Rs.5 per square meter for projects of up to the plot size of 1000 square meter. If the plot size exceeds 1000 square meter, the authority imposes Rs.10 square meter as registration fee.
Fee for Mixed Land Use
For mixed land use (residential and commercial) projects, the registration fee under the RERA is Rs.10 per square meter. For this category, RERA has fixed Rs.10 lakh as maximum registration fee whatever the area of the project. For commercial projects, the registration fee is Rs.20 per square meter while the authority has kept the cap at Rs.10 lakh
The documents required for Rajasthan RERA Registration for Projects are listed as follows:
- For Individual: Photograph, PAN and Aadhaar of the applicant
- For Company: Company registration certificate, CIN, PAN TAN, brief detail of enterprise, Photograph and Photographs of all Partners and Directors.
- For Proprietorship Firm, Societies and Partnership Firm: Company Registration Certificate, PAN, CIN/TAN and Photographs of all Partners and Directors.
- For Competent Authority: PAN, CIN, TAN and Photographs of Housing Commissioner, CEO and VC.
- For Local Authority: PAN, TAN and Photograph of M.C./E.O
- Brief detail of the project
- Audited Balance Sheet
- ITR of the last three years.
- Registry document
- Sale Deed
- Lease Deed
- Extract of Khatauni
- Allotment Letter issued by Competent AuthorityOnce the Projects/Agents
Application procedure for Rajasthan RERA Registration for Projects
The procedure for registering projects in Rajasthan is explained in detail below:
Step 1: Access the home page of Rajasthan Real Estate Regulatory Authority. From the main page click on Online registration option, the list of registration will be displayed. Select real estate project option.
Step 2: The link will be redirected to Rajasthan SSO portal. The promoter can create SSO ID online by following the steps mentioned below:
New User Registration
Step 3: In case you are a new applicant of SSO portal, you have to register in the SSO portal to avail all the services offered by the Rajasthan Government. Click on the “Register” option for New User Registration
Step 4: Then the applicant will redirect to the SSO registration page. The registration page will appear with the below – mentioned options.
- Government Employee
Registration Process for Citizens
Step 5: You have to select the citizen tab and then click on the enter button, Then the applicant can register using one of the five digital identities through,
- Facebook account
- Bhamashah account
- Google account
- Twitter account
A local digital identity provided by the central government, which is linked to the individual’s bank accounts.
Step 6: Applicant can have to enter the mobile number that is already linked with the Aadhar card number.
Step 7: After registering at SSO portal, you can log in to SSO portal using the login credentials.
Step 8: Once you have a login to the portal, you can proceed with the Rajasthan RERA Registration for Projects.
The promoter is required to upload an application in Form-A along with the documents/ information and undertaking in Form-B to the Authority for registration of the project.
We have here with attached the application Form A -The application for registration.FORMA
The format of Declaration in Form B.FORMB
Step 9: All payments for Projects have to be made through online mode.
Step 10: After online registration, one set of hard copies of the same documents has to be sent to the RERA office within three days.
Approval of Project registration will be done within 30 days from the date of online Registration.