Telangana RERA Registration for Projects
Telangana RERA Registration for Projects
To improve the responsibility and accountability towards consumers, the Telangana State Real Estate Regulatory Authority has mandated real estate promoters (real estate developers) to register the project and to obtain a valid registration number before proceeding with development. According to Telangana Real Estate Regulation and Development Act, The promoter will not be permitted to market, advertise or sell the units before obtaining Telangana RERA Registration for Projects. In this article, we will look at the procedure for obtaining Telangana RERA Registration for Projects in detail.
Know more about the RERA Registration for Project
Telangana Real Estate Regulation and Development Act
The Telangana Real Estate Regulation and Development Act, 2016 is considered as one of the landmark legislation passed by the Government. The objective of RERA is to reform the real estate sector in our country, encouraging greater transparency, citizen centricity, accountability and financial discipline. RERA is in line with the vast and growing economy of India as in future; many people will be investing in the real estate sector.
Know more about the Penalties under RERA
Real Estate Projects Registration
All residential and commercial projects will have to be registered with TelanganaRERA.In case the project is to be developed in phases, the promoter has to obtain registration for each phase separately.
- Area of the property proposed to be developed is more than five hundred square meters
- If the projects include more than eight apartments including of all phases
- The promoter has not received a completion certificate for a real estate project of the project before the initiation of this act. If the certificate is not obtained, the promoter has to pay the penalty of 10% of the estimated cost of the estate projects. If the promoter violates the rules continuously, then he will be punishable with imprisonment up to three years (3 years) or with a fine of 10% of the Estimated Cost of the real estate project
- Any alternation or deed in the real estate project which involves advertising, marketing, selling or new allotment of an apartment, and plot or building
Know more about the How to Start Real Estate Business
Exemption of Projects
Following types of projects are exempted from the ambit of the RERA Act:
- If the area proposed to be developed does not exceed 500 square meters or the number of apartments proposed to be developed does not exceed 8. The Telangana Government will reduce the threshold below 500 sqm or 8 flats.
- If the promoter has received a project completion certificate (CC) for a real estate project before the commencement of the RERA act.
- For renovation or re-development which does not involve marketing, advertising, selling or new allotment of any plot, apartment or building, under the real estate project.
Note: The promoter can advertise his project for sale after the project has been registered with the Regulatory Authority
The following person/entity can apply for Telangana RERA Registration for Projects.
- Proprietorship Firm
- Partnership Firm
- Competent Authority
- Local Authority
- Limited Liability Partnership
The registration fee for the Telangana RERA Registration for Projects is explained in detail below:
The promoter needs to pay the registration fee at the time of application for RERA registration by way of a demand draft (DD) or a bank cheque drawn on any scheduled bank or through online payment mode:
Fee for Group Housing Project
- Five rupees per square meter – For projects where the area of land proposed to be developed is below one thousand square meter
- Ten rupees per square meter – For projects where the area of land proposed to be developed exceeds one thousand square meters and below than five lakhs rupees
Mixed development (residential and commercial) Project
- Ten rupees per square meter – For projects where the area of land proposed to be developed below one thousand square meters
- Fifteen rupees per square meter – For projects where the area of land proposed to be developed exceeds one thousand square meters, and below seven lakhs rupees
- Twenty rupees per square meter – For projects where the area of land proposed to be developed below one thousand square meters
- Twenty-five rupees per square meter – For projects where the area of land proposed to be developed exceeds one thousand square meters, and below ten lakhs rupees
Plotted Development Projects
- For plotted development projects the registration fee is five rupees per square meter and below two lakhs rupees.
The applicant is requested to keep the following scanned documents ready for uploading before registering online.
- Authenticated copy of the PAN of the promoters
- Annual reports including audited profit and loss account
- Balance sheets
- Cash flow statement
- Directors reports and the Auditors report of the promoter for the immediately preceding three financial years
- The number of the open parking area and the number of the covered parking area in the real estate project
- Authenticated copy of the legal title deeds reflecting the title of the promoter to the land on which development of the project is proposed along with legally valid documents for chain of title with authentication of the title
- Encumbrance Certificate or Non – encumbrance certificate
- An application for registration of the real estate project
- A declaration in Form-B
- Proof of address and identity of the real estate agents
- Proof of address and identity of the contractors, architect, structural engineer and other persons concerned with the development of the proposed project
- The number of the open parking area and the number of covered parking area available in the real estate project
- The number and areas of the garage for sale in the real estate project
- Performa of the allotment letter, agreement for sale and the conveyance deed proposed to be signed with the allottee
- The location details of the project
- The plan of development works to be implemented in the proposed project
Application Procedure for Telangana RERA Registration for Projects
The procedure for registering projects in Telangana is explained in detail below:
- Access the home page of Telangana State Real Estate Regulatory Authority. From the main page click on online registration option, the list of registration will be displayed. Select real estate project option.
- The link will be redirected to the Login page. The promoter can create user ID online by following the steps mentioned below:
New User Registration
- In case the applicant is new to Telangana RERA portal, the applicant has to register in this portal to avail the services offered by the Telangana Government. Click on the “Register” option for New User Registration
- Then the applicant will redirect to the user registration page. The registration page will appear with the below – mentioned options.
- You have to select the citizen tab and then click on the enter button, and then the applicant can register using one of the five digital identities.
- A local digital identity provided by the Government
- The applicant has to enter the mobile number that is already linked with the Aadhaar card number.
- After registering at Telangana RERA portal, you can log in to this portal using the login credentials.
- Once you have a login to the portal, you can proceed with the Telangana RERA Registration for Projects.
- The promoter is required to upload an application in Form-A along with the documents and undertaking in Form-B to the Authority for registration of the project.
We have herewith attached the application Form A -The application for registrationTelangana_State_Real Estate _Regulation_and_Development_ Rules_2017-27-29
- The promoter needs to submit a declaration to state that discriminates against any allottee at the time of allotment of apartment, plot or building.
The format of Declaration in Form B.Telangana_State_Real Estate _Regulation_and_Development_ Rules_2017-30-31
- All payments for Projects have to be made through online mode.
- After online registration, one set of hard copies of the same documents has to be sent to the RERA office within prescribed days.
- Approval of Project registration will be done within 30 days from the date of RERA Registration.