Kanyadan Yojana – Himachal Pradesh
Women and Child Development Department of Government of Himachal Pradesh have launched Kanyadan Yojana in the year 2006. Under the scheme, the State Government provides financial assistance to the destitute girls of the families who have no source of income. In this article, we will look at Himachal Pradesh Kanyadan Yojana scheme in detail.
Objectives of Kanyadan Yojana
The main objective of Kanyadan Yojana scheme is to provide financial assistance to the parents or guardians of the destitute girls who have no source of income.
Kanyadan Scheme Beneficiary
The following are the beneficiaries of Kanyadan scheme:
- Orphan girls
- Neglected girls and women having no regular source of income
- Women in moral and danger or rescued from immoral traffic
- Inmates of the State Homes in the State
- Women or girls released after undergoing the sentence of imprisonment under any law
- The girl whose father is not alive and whose guardian’s income does not exceed Rs.35,000 per annum
- Women deserted or divorced by their husbands and whose income does not exceed Rs.15,000 per annum
- Girls whose father is incapacitated because of physical or mental disability, including prolonged illness and whose family annual income does not exceed Rs.35,000
- Daughters of divorced or deserted women whose annual income does not exceed Rs.35,000 per annum
Rate of Grant
The marriage grant ofRs.40,000 will be admissible to the parents or guardians of the destitute girls for their marriage.
In case of the inmates of Nari Sewa Sadan, marriage grant will be Rs.51,000
Note: The State Government is competent to increase the amount from time to time, keeping in view the cost of living.
The following are the eligibility criteria to obtain Himachal Pradesh Kanyadan Yojana:
- Beneficiary age should be 18 years or more at the time of marriage.
- A resident of Himachal Pradesh can apply for this scheme.
- If the girl from Himachal Pradesh is marrying a boy from outside of the state of Himachal Pradesh, she is eligible to apply for this scheme.
The parents or guardians of the destitute girls have to apply for this scheme. Below mentioned supporting documents are necessary for the Kanyadan scheme:
- Application Form in the prescribed method
- Marriage invitation
- Marriage certificate – In case of applying after solemnization
- Income certificate issued by the Tahasildhar of the Illaqua
- Residence certificate
- Address proof
- Identify Proof
Application Procedure – Offline Method
The following are the guidelines for applying Kanyadaan Yojana in a step by step procedure:
Step 1: Parents or guardians of the destitute girls or the girl herself in case she is destitute have to approach concerned Panchayat, Local Urban body or Women and Child Development.
Step 2: Submit an application form in prescribed format along with all supporting documents to the Child Development Project Officer, District officer or Programme Officer. Provide the following details in the application form.
Step 3: In charge state home concerned will verify the antecedents and income of the parents of the destitute girls.
Applying for Kanyadan Grant through e-District Portal
The following are the procedure for applying for Kanyadan Grant through the e-District portal:
Step 1: Visit the home page of the e-district portal of the Himachal Pradesh Government.
Step 2: If the applicant is an already registered user log in to the portal using the user name and password.
Step 3: The applicant can also login to the portal using the Guest user option.
Step 4: For new user, registration click on new user registration option from the home page. Provide personal, address and registration details.
Step 5:- Select Department as Women and child welfare department after login to the portal.
Step 6: Select the service as an application for availing benefits under CM Bestowing Plan
Step 7: The applicant will be directed to a service description page, wherein they must choose the Proceed option.
Step 8: The applicant can now fill up the application form and upload the required documents. Provide the following details in the application form:
- Applicant name
- Parents Name
- Occupation of the father
- Details of the groom
- Date of marriage
- Amount of assistance
Step 9: Click on the Submit option and make payment
Step 10: Upon clicking payment, the applicant will be directed to the payment page through which the payments can be deposited.
That concludes the online procedure. The application will then be processed to the concerned officer.
Disbursement of Grant
The Kanyadan grant will be drawn and disbursed after verification by the District Programme Officer of the concerned District and amount may be paid a month in advance of the proposed date of solemnization.
If the solemnization has already taken place, the grant will be disbursed after the marriage, within six months. The District Programme Officer will maintain a separate record for the disbursement of grant.
The District Programme Officer concerned will have to send the utilization certificate within six months from the date of disbursement of the amount.
Hence, The District Programme Officer or Child Development Project Officer or in charge of State Home will verify that the marriage has actually taken place or not and the grant has properly utilized for the purpose it has been sanctioned.