Jharkhand Tejaswini Project
Jharkhand Tejaswini Project
The Government of Jharkhand has initiated the “Tejaswini Project” to promote socio-economic empowerment of teenage girls and young women. This project aims to enhance their skills and help them acquire education, training, employment and enter the experienced workforce in developing sectors of the economy. Under this project, girls and young women are provided with economic, social and political opportunities for their improved well-being. Let us look in detail about the Tejaswini Project in this article.
To know about Support to Training and Employment Programme for Women (STEP) Scheme
The objectives of the Tejaswini Project are given below:
- To uplift the girls and young women from poverty
- To provide access to a bank loan on a sustainable basis.
- To empower women about legal rights and equips them with knowledge on health and hygiene.
- Creation of reliable and sustainable Self Help Group (SHGs) and SHG apex organizations, to provide all their members with economic and social support.
- To enable women to have a wider range of opportunities in the economic, social and political spheres.
- To promote rural livelihoods by providing a wider range of opportunities in the economic, social and political sectors for young women from the poor communities.
- It also supports various government policies that empower women.
Key Features of Tejaswini Project
Some of the features of Tejaswini Project are as follows:
- This project mainly supports the juvenile girls and young women of 17 districts of the state in market-driven skill training, secondary education and comprehensive social and economic empowerment.
- There are 2 million teenage girls and young women in 17 districts of the state, with the age group between 14 to 25 years, out of which 13% people belong to Scheduled Castes (SC) and 25% of Scheduled Tribes (ST).
- The project is categorised into two levels, institutional level and community level.
- Many other features that include regular counselling, life skills education, guidance sessions, livelihood support will be provided at the community level and at the institutional level, this partner will work with the institute to perform performance-based contracts to deliver the business skills training, vocational training and non-functional education.
- Women will be encouraged to get jobs opportunities in different areas. In job sectors such as fishing and agriculture, where only men work for years, as women are also provided support under this scheme for getting jobs in those areas.
- Women’s educational support will be encouraged. As a result, women will be able to hold various positions according to their interests.
- About 1 lakh women entrepreneurs will be provided with smartphones. This will help women to mingle with the other people as well as the country’s Digital Program.
- The Government provides access to functional education and social services, participation in local governance and labour- saving infrastructure. In addition, this programme aims to support and promote Government policies that empower women by improving the livelihoods of poor women.
Components under Tejaswini Project
The below following are the three main components:
- Expanding social, educational and economic opportunities
- Intensive service delivery
- Strengthening of State capacity-building and implementation support.
The applicants must satisfy the below following criteria to apply for the scheme:
- There are teenage girls and young women with the age limit between 14 to 24 years are eligible to apply for this scheme.
- Women those who live in the rural areas of the state are also covered under this scheme.
- Special groups comprising of Persons with Disabilities (PwD), victims of trafficking, manual scavengers, transgender, rehabilitated bonded labour are allowed to enrol if they are above the age of 16 years.
The requested documents must be furnished along with the application form are as follows:
- Domicile certificate
- Applicant’s photograph (scanned copy)
- Applicant’s signature (scanned copy)
- Identity Proof: PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Driving License, Voter Identity Card, etc.
- Address Proof: Aadhar Card, legal Passport, Utility bill, Property tax bill, etc.
- Family income certificate
- Any other documents (if required)
Allocation of Funds
Under the Tejaswini project, the Government will give industrial training to girls of Jharkhand with 5 years of age. The Government has allotted INR 540 crores for the implementation of this scheme. For this scheme, the World Bank will give a soft loan of INR 378 crores. The State Government will spend INR 162 crores for the implementation of this scheme. It is estimated that this Tejaswini Project will benefit 6,80,000 teenage girls and young women of the state.
Districts under Tejaswini Project
The following 17 districts of Jharkhand are selected for this Tejaswini Project:
- Purvi singhbhum
While in the remaining 7 districts of Jharkhand state, the SABLA Scheme is already been implemented, which is another scheme initiated by the Central Government for the empowerment of the youth.
To know more about SABLA Scheme – Click here.
Application Procedure for Tejaswini Project
To apply under the Tejaswini Project Scheme, kindly follow the below procedure.
Approach Taluka Office
Step 1: Firstly, the women applicant will have to address the schools/colleges/Taluka Offices in the Jharkhand state to avail the benefits under this project.
Note: The state’s 189 middle schools will receive additional support through the program. It includes 22 schools of Devgarh and 12 schools of Palamu.
Get Application Form
Step 2: Now, get the application form from the concerned office and have to fill out an application form in a prescribed format.
Fill out the Application Form
Step 3: A duly completed application form will be sent for the verification process to the representatives.
Attach the Documents
Step 4: Now the women applicant will have to attach the specified records/documents along with the application and submit it to the concerned Taluka officer.
Step 5: Then, the application form will be checked by the concerned officer, if the applications are not fulfilled the provisions are returned for fulfilling all the conditions.
Step 6: Upon submission of the application, the applicant will receive an acknowledgement for further reference. Finally, the concerned official will certify all the application documents. Once the application form is accepted, the applicant can avail the benefits under the scheme.
Post by Sinduja Shankar
IndiaFilings is India's largest online compliance services platform dedicated to helping people start and grow their business, at an affordable cost. We were started in 2014 with the mission of making it easier for Entrepreneurs to start their business. We have since helped start and operate tens of thousands of businesses by offering a range of business services. Our aim is to help the entrepreneur on the legal and regulatory requirements, and be a partner throughout the business lifecycle, offering support at every stage to ensure the business remains compliant and continually growing.