The State Government of Assam has initiated Na-Bowari Scheme for providing financial assistance to the newly married woman of the state. Under this scheme, the Government grants one-time financial assistance of INR 10000 to the married women of poor families. This scheme aims to finance for the economic empowerment of women belonging to the Scheduled Castes (SC) families those who are living below the poverty line. Let us look in detail about the quantum of assistance, eligibility and application procedure of Na-Bowari Scheme in this article.
To know about Chandranna Pelli Kanuka Scheme
Objectives of the Scheme
The primary objective of the scheme ensures that women from below poverty line can become stable and need not be dependent on their husbands. Na-Bowari Scheme will be provided once in the form of financial assistance to the married women in the state. The Assam Government has made a budgetary allocation of Rs. 1500 crore for this scheme. The Na-Bowari Scheme grant will help around 6 lakhs women belonging to economically weaker families in the State.
Benefits of the Scheme
Below is the list of benefits under the Na-Bowari Scheme:
- With the implementation of this scheme, the Government offers one-time financial aid to the married women to make their initial phase of living after marriage.
- The applicant must apply for the scheme before one month from the date of marriage.
- This scheme aims to create sustainable growth of all these people that further helps with improving their standard of living in society.
- The beneficiaries under this scheme will get the amount in their account at the fixed time frame by the government.
Also read, Dr Ambedkar Scheme
The following are the eligibility criteria for claiming incentive under the Na-Bowari Scheme:
- The girl must be a resident of Assam state can apply for this scheme.
- Beneficiary age to be atleast 20 years old.
- Any women of the state can take advantage of the scheme without caste/ religion discrimination.
- A girl must belong to the EWS (Economically Weaker Section).
- Only 2 girls from a family are eligible to apply for the scheme.
- A couple who have already received an incentive from the state or UT government is not eligible again.
- Family income of the applicant must not be more than Rs. 1.5 lacks per annum
- No minimum educational qualification is required.
- In the case of the subsequent or second marriage, no incentive is available.
- Girl’s parents should not be working as a Government Employee.
The women applicants must provide the following documents along with the Application Form to apply for the Na-Bowari Scheme.
- Application Form in the prescribed format
- Identity Proof: PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Driving License, Voter ID Card, etc.
- Address Proof: Aadhar Card, Legal Passport, Utility bill, Property tax bill, etc.
- Marriage certificate – In case of applying after solemnization
- The application should be within one year of marriage.
- Bank Account documents
- Recent passport size photographs
- Income Certificate issued by the Tahasildhar
- Residence certificate
- Joint photograph of the married couples.
- Financial background of applicants (EWS Certificate)
Application Procedure for Na-Bowari Scheme
To avail the benefits of this Na-Bowari Scheme, the assistance amount can be received only after applying for a month before the marriage of the girl or 6 months after the marriage. The applicant can apply for Na-Bowari Scheme through the following steps:
Approach the Social Welfare Office
Step 1: The applicants must visit the Social Welfare Department and have to contact the District office to register under this scheme.
Scheme Application Form
Step 2: The application form of Na-Bowari Scheme can be obtained from the Department of Social and Women’s Welfare, the Government of Assam or Municipality Office or the Grampanchayat.
Submit the Application
Step 3: The application has to be filled out the application form with every requested information in the form
Step 4: Once all the details are entered and after attaching the required documents, the form has to be submitted to the relevant official.
Step 5: The application form will be verified by the receiving officer and will return a duly signed and stamped acknowledgement slip to the applicant.
Step 6: After verifying the eligibility of the application, the sanctioned amount will be transferred to the bank account of the applicant, subject to the terms and conditions of the scheme. The fund transfer will be executed at least five days before the date of the proposed marriage.