Jharkhand Birth Certificate
Jharkhand Birth Certificate
A birth certificate is an identity document that is issued to an individual by the State Government at the time of birth. This certificate is issued by the Local Bodies of the state such as Corporation, Municipality or Panchayat. In this article, we look at the procedure for obtaining Jharkhand birth certificate in detail.
Uses of Birth Certificate
The following are the reasons to obtain a birth certificate.
- To apply for a Residence Certificate
- To apply for Caste Certificate
- To apply for Death Certificate
- To apply for Marriage Certificate
- To apply for Ration Card
- To apply for pension schemes
According to the Birth and Death Registration Act 1969, every birth has to be registered to the concerned State or Union Territory within 21 days of its occurrence. However, there are separate registration procedures for births occurring in different places.
- If a birth has occurred in a house, the Head of the family or the nearest relative of the child or Anganwadi Sewika or Chawkidar can register the birth.
- If a birth has occurred in a Sadar Hospital/Sub-Divisional Hospital/Medical College Hospital/Referral Hospital, the Deputy Superintendent of the hospitals and officers-in-charge can register the birth.
- If a birth has occurred in a Maternity Home and other nursing institutions, the medical officer has to register the birth.
- If a birth has occurred in jail, the jail in-charge has to register the birth.
- If a birth has occurred in a Dharamshala, Boarding House etc., the person-in-charge has to register the birth.
- If a birth has occurred in a moving vehicle, the person-in-charge of the vehicle has to register the birth.
- If a birth has occurred in an abandoned place, the Headman of the village or the person in charge of the local police station can register the birth.
To apply for the birth certificate, furnish the following documents along with the application:
- Duly completed application form
- Parent’s birth certificate
- Parent’s marriage certificate
- Birth proof was given by the hospital
- Parent’s identity proof
- An affidavit consisting of the details of the birth
All the documents have to be attested by a Gazetted Officer.
To apply for the birth certificate in Jharkhand, follow the procedure given below:
Step 1: Register with State Portal
The applicant has to register with the State Portal of Jharkhand.
Step 2: Registered User
If the applicant has already registered the birth, the following steps can be followed. If not, the applicant has to register the birth.
Step 3: Enter the User ID and Password
After logging in, the applicant has to enter the user ID and password in the respective column.
Step 4: Enter the Details
The applicant has to enter the required details.
Step 5: Submit the Application
The applicant, after entering all the details, has to submit the form to the concerned officer.
Step 6: Verification Process
After submitting the application form, the authorities conduct a verification process to check the accuracy of all the information given by the applicant.
Step 7: Issuing the certificate
Once all the procedures are completed, the applicant receives the certificate.
- A birth registered within 21 days of its occurrence, has no fee.
- A birth registered after 21 days but less than 30 days of its occurrence requires a fee of Re. 1.
- A birth registered after 30 days of its occurrence requires a fee of Re. 1. In addition to this, the applicant has to obtain a permit from the specified officer.
- A birth registered after one year of its occurrence requires a fee of Re. 1. In addition to this, the applicant has to obtain a permit from the Executive Magistrate.
For further information, contact the given below details:
Director, Statistics and Evaluation,
No. 1, Near Golchakkar, Dhurwa, Ranchi,
Contact No: 0651-2400877