Jharkhand Caste Certificate
Jharkhand Caste Certificate
Caste certificate officially certifies that a person belongs to a certain caste or community under the constitution of India. The respective State Governments issue caste certificate to its residents who belong to scheduled caste, scheduled tribe and other backward community. The Government provides several provisions for such people, and to be able to avail those privileges, and the citizens should possess this legal document. In this article, we look at the application procedure for obtaining Jharkhand caste certificate in detail.
Purpose of the Certificate
Any individual reserved under the SC, ST, and OBC category can apply for a caste certificate to get the benefit of reservation, relaxation facility provided by the State Government. A person should obtain the caste certificate for various purposes. Some of the purposes are mentioned below.
- Caste certificate is important in availing seats under reserved quotas in certain educational institutions and Government entities.
- Students require a caste certificate for fee concessions in schools/colleges.
- To benefit from scholarships provided by the Government.
- In terms of employment, caste certificate is obligatory for job seekers, who apply for Government jobs as appointments under reserved quotas.
- Government requires a caste certificate to disburse subsidies for special reservations.
- Caste Certificate must be provided to reserve seats in the Legislatures.
- To apply for schemes implemented by the Government exclusively for the underprivileged, caste certificate is necessary.
The eligibility criteria for a person to obtain caste certificate from Jharkhand are below.
- The applicant should be a citizen of India.
- Applicant should have permanent residence in the state for a minimum period of five years to obtain a caste certificate in Jharkhand.
- The name of the applicant should be in the SC/ST, SEBC and OBC list issued by the Government of Jharkhand to apply for caste certificate.
To apply for caste certificate, submit the following documents along with the application form:
- Self-declaration of Applicant / an affidavit that mentions all details and document are correct.
- Photocopy of Khatiyan
- Residential Certificate
- Report of concerned Patwari or Tehsildar relating to the caste of the applicant.
- Genealogy (Mandatory for S.C, S.T and BC1, BC2)
- Other caste-related documents
- Land-related certificate in which description of caste has been mentioned (Mandatory for O.B.C)
- Income Certificate (Mandatory for O.B.C)
- Caste Certificate(BC1/BC2) (Mandatory for O.B.C)
- Applicant Photograph
- Recommendation letter from elected member to verify the caste
Note: All documents are to be attested by any gazetted officer or government officer.
Tatkal Service: For Tatkal Service Applicant has to upload the proof showing the reason for Tatkal as the enclosure. It must be recommended by Local Circle Officer / Block Development Officer /Executive Magistrate/Sub Divisional Magistrate/Additional Collector/Deputy Commissioner for the eligibility of Tatkal.
Sub -Divisional Magistrate or Tehsildar or concerned authority in the Revenue Department office is responsible for the issuance caste certificate in Jharkhand.
The validity of the caste certificate issued in the state of Jharkhand extends for three years.
Application Form for Caste Certificate – Rs. 2.
Affidavit – Rs.10
Self-registered citizens and applicants who apply through Jan Suvidha Kendra can avail the service free of cost.
Pragya Kendra (CSC) renders online service at the cost of Rs.15.
The concerned authority will issue caste certificate to applicant within 15 days from the submission of application.
The person applying for the caste certificate can apply in either online or offline mode.
Offline Application Process
Step 1: The applicant should visit the nearby Teshil office with the necessary documents and passport size photograph.
Step 2: The prescribed application form should be collected from the concerned officer, or the citizen can download a copy of the application form for Jharkhand caste certificate that is provided below.
Jharkhand Caste Certificate Application Form.compressed
Step 3: On duly filling the form, affix the photograph on the form. Attach the documents mentioned along with the application form and submit.
Step 4: An acknowledgement slip will be granted which the citizen should show while collecting the certificate.
Step 5: An enquiry will be conducted by the concerned officer after submission of application and will forward the report to the Revenue Department officer.
Step 6: After verification of details in the form, the applicant receives a notification to the mobile number or email regarding the status of a caste certificate.
Step 7: The applicant should visit the concerned office and collect the caste certificate.
Note: Providing wrong information will lead to the rejection of the application.
Online Application Process
Step 1: To apply online, visit the official online portal of Jharkhand, JharSewa.
Step 2: If already a registered user, click ‘Login’. In case of a new user, click ‘Register yourself’ on the home page of the portal.
Step 3: On Clicking JharSewa, the registration Page appears. Fill the following details.
- Personal details
- e-KYC details (Aadhaar details)
- Login details (user id, password)
Step 4: Enter the captcha and click submit.
Step 5: On completing the registration process, click Login that redirects to the login section. Enter the registered user id and password. Enter the captcha and click submit.
Step 6: The list of online services available will be displayed. Select the caste certificate.
Step 7: The application form for the issuance of caste certificate appears. Fill-out the form properly. The form contains details as follows.
- Personal details
- Caste details
- Authorization details
- Relation details
- Address details
- Additional details
Select the applying office (urban/rural), enter the captcha in the word verification area.
Step 8: The applicant will receive an acknowledgement number to track application status.
Track Application Status
After applying, the status of the application can be tracked by the applicant by clicking ‘Know the status of your application’ on the official portal. Enter the acknowledgement number and click the search button to view the status of the application.
Once approving the application, the concerned officer will intimate the same through SMS to the mobile applicant number. The applicant can visit the official portal and can download the certificate by entering the acknowledgement number and acknowledgement date. On completion of the download, the applicant can print the digitally signed certificate and use for the required purpose.
Post by Marlin Priya
IndiaFilings is India's largest online compliance services platform dedicated to helping people start and grow their business, at an affordable cost. We were started in 2014 with the mission of making it easier for Entrepreneurs to start their business. We have since helped start and operate tens of thousands of businesses by offering a range of business services. Our aim is to help the entrepreneur on the legal and regulatory requirements, and be a partner throughout the business lifecycle, offering support at every stage to ensure the business remains compliant and continually growing.