FSMS Declaration Format
FSMS Declaration Format
Food Safety Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) registration or FSSAI license is required in India for any type of person or entity involved in food manufacturing or processing or packaging or distributing. While applying for FSSAI registration, the applicant is required to submit a FSMS declaration in the attached format. Through the FSMS declaration, the promoter or authorised person making FSSAI registration application declares and attests that:
- The business has a food safety plan to ensure that articles of food are stored or prepared in a hygienic and safe manner as per the FSSAI Act, 2006 and FSSAI Rules.
- That the business would put in place a food safety management system and get the system certified by an Accredited Agency as soon as the Accredited Agencies are notified by the Food Authority.
- That the business complies with the general hygiene and sanitary requirements as required under the Food Safety and Standards (Licensing and Registration of Food Business) Regulations, 2011.
Download FSMS Declaration Format
You can also download the FSMS Declaration format in the following formats.
FSSAI Registration or License
As per the FSSAI Act, all food business operator in India must have a FSSAI registration or license if they are involved in the manufacturing, storage, transportation or distribution of food products. Based on the size an nature of business, FSSAI registration or FSSAI license may be required.
FSSAI registration is required for all petty food business operator. Petty food business operator is any person or entity who:
- Manufactures or sells any article of food himself or a petty retailer, hawker, itinerant vendor or temporary stall holder; or
- Distributes foods including in any religious or social gathering except a caterer; or
- Other food businesses including small scale or cottage or such other industries relating to food business or tiny food businesses with an annual turnover not exceeding Rs 12 lakhs and whose:
- Production capacity of food (other than milk and milk products and meat and meat products) does not exceed 100 kg/ltr per day or
- Procurement or handling and collection of milk is up to 500 litres of milk per day or
- Slaughtering capacity is 2 large animals or 10 small animals or 50 poultry birds per day or less.
Any person or entity that does not not classify as a petty food business operator is required to obtain a FSSAI license for operating a food business in India.
Creating FSMS Declaration
FSMS Declaration must be submitted with all FSSAI application. The declaration must be printed on the letter head of the business and signed by the authorised persons making the FSSAI application mentioned in the application with business seal. Once complete, a scanned copy of the FSMS declaration can be uploaded on the FSSAI portal.