The State Government of Assam has initiated the ”Arundhati Scheme” proposed to give 1 tola of gold bride’s family parents those who are belonging to the economically weaker sections of the society. Under the scheme, the Government provides an incentive and financial support to the newly-married couples to empower them to settle down in the initial phase of their life. Arundhati Scheme has explicitly been implemented for the welfare of the brides belonging to the backward classes and below the poverty line. Let us look in detail about the assistance, eligibility and application procedure of Arundhati Scheme in this article.
To know about Chandranna Pelli Kanuka Scheme
Benefits of the Scheme
The benefits of obtaining the Assam Arundhati Scheme is explained as follows:
- The scheme grants benefits to provide gold at marriage that will be of 1 tola gold (per 10 grams) worth Rs.38,000 approximately.
- The benefits under the Arundhati Scheme can be availed upon legal registration of marriages under the Special Marriage (Assam) Rules, 1954 and the initiative will reach the beneficiaries right at the time of her wedding.
- This scheme aims to improve the economic empowerment of the men/women and provide them with a better future.
- It will help the families who are not able to arrange for their daughter’s ornaments at the time of the marriage ceremony.
- The applicant must apply for the scheme before one month from the date of marriage.
- This scheme creates a sustainable growth of all these people that further helps with improving their standard of living in society.
- The District Magistrate will authorise each marriage under this scheme.
Following are the criteria to avail the benefits of the scheme as given below:
- The applicant should be a citizen of Assam.
- To avail incentives, the applicant has to apply within one year from the date of their wedding. However, benefits cannot be availed if the applicant does not apply within one year.
- The male applicant has to be 21 years old, and the female applicant has to be at least 18 years old.
- The scheme applies only to the people who belong to the economically weaker sections of society.
- The applicants can avail the benefits of the scheme only if the marriage is socially, religiously and legally acceptable.
- The beneficiaries under this Arundhati Scheme will get the gold directly to them at the fixed time frame by the government.
- The State Government has allotted funds of Rs.300 crores for the implementation of this scheme for benefiting the women of the state.
- Also, the annual income of the parent of recipients should not exceed Rs.5 lakhs
- The applicant should not avail any financial assistance or grant from the state or service relating to marriage scheme.
Also read about, Dr Ambedkar Scheme
The below mentioned supporting documents have to be submitted to get benefited under the Arundhati Scheme:
- Application Form in the prescribed format
- Residence certificate
- Identity Proof: PAN, Aadhaar Card, Driving License, Voter Identity Card, etc.
- Address Proof: Aadhar Card, Official Passport, Utility bill, Property tax bill, etc.
- Marriage invitation
- Marriage certificate–In case of applying after solemnization
- Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) Certificate
- Bank Account Book – Joint account of couples
- Income certificate issued by the Tahasildhar
- Joint photograph of the married couples.
Implementation of the Scheme
On successful implementation of the Arundhati Scheme, the customary traditions of the communities will get fulfilled which enables the citizen to live a life of dignity in their society. The Government provides 1 tola of gold (11.66 grams) to the brides belonging to all such communities of the state. Through this scheme, the Assam Government aims to reduce the dowry system which is associated with the belief of marriage.
Online Application Procedure
Arundhati Scheme can be applied by providing requested information and fill up the applications who are ready to get the benefits of this scheme. The online application procedure for this scheme will be intimated in the official portal by the government. The state government is more likely to opt for an online application process for the ease of the applicants.
Offline Application Procedure
If the eligible applicant wants to apply for the Arundhati Scheme, the applicant can address the Nagar panchayat/municipal corporation and other concerned departments for registration and get the application form to attach the specified records along with the scheme application and submit it to the concerned official. Then, the scheme application form and attached documents will be verified by the concerned officer, if the applications are not fulfilled the conditions are returned for fulfilling all the conditions. Finally, the concerned official will certify all the records/documents and send to the District Welfare Officer to certify the applications. Upon submission of the scheme application, the applicant will receive an acknowledgement for further reference. Then the amount of gold received will be directly provided to the beneficiaries.
Income Tax eFiling
We have made the Income Tax eFiling, simple and easy. File your income tax return online with the dedicated Tax Experts support from IndiaFilings.
IndiaFilings.com (ERI ID: ERIA100945) is an Income Tax Department authorised eReturn Intermediary.