Uttarakhand Caste Certificate
Uttarakhand Caste Certificate
Caste certificate or Jati Praman Patra is an essential document that certifies that a person belongs to a particular religion, community and caste. Citizens of Uttarakhand need to obtain a caste certificate to avail the various kinds of facilities offered by the Government. Particularly for the citizen of reserved categories such as Schedule Caste, Schedule Tribe or Backward Classes to establish their candidature, caste certificate is one of the important documents. This article deals with the procedure to obtain a Uttarakhand caste certificate.
Benefits of Caste Certificate
As described above, Jati Praman Patra mainly helps peoples who belong to the reserved category such as scheduled castes, tribes or backward classes in availing the following benefits:
- To obtain reservation of seats in the Legislatures
- To get a reservation in Government Service
- For Waiving off a part or the whole of the fees for admission to schools and colleges, caste certificate is mandatory
- To avail quotas in educational institutionsUttarakhand Caste Certificate
- To get upper age relaxation limits while applying for certain jobs
- To apply for scholarships
- For obtaining Government subsidies
- For registering Government schemes
To avail these privileges, a citizen of Uttarakhand belonging to SC/ST or BC must have a valid Uttarakhand Jati Praman Patra.
Eligibility criteria to obtain Uttarakhand caste certificate is described in detail below:
- Caste certificate will be issued to a person who is a resident of Uttarakhand.
- If the name of the applicant is the statutory list of the backward castes issued by the Government of Uttarakhand, then he/she can apply for caste certificate.
- People of the tribe (SC/ST) listed in the notified orders of the President can apply for obtaining the tribal certificate.
Following documents needs to be furnished for obtaining Uttarakhand Jati Praman Patra.
- Application form in the prescribed format
- Caste certificate of father
- Address Proof – Ration card/Food Security Card, Voter ID, telephone bill or electricity bill can be produced
- Income certificate
- Certificates in respect to caste / warden / village head
- Passport Size Photograph
Note: If any member of the BC family is under local inquiry before issuing Jati Praman Patra. The Residence certificate for a minimum period of time, a promissory note mentioned that the person belonging to the backward caste and special court stamp charges are required to submit at the time of application.
Applying Caste Certificate through CSC Centre
To apply for Uttarakhand caste certificate, follow the below procedure:
Step 1: To apply for Uttarakhand caste certificate, fill the application form duly according to the caste category (SC/ST/BC). The application form for Jati Praman Patra is reproduced here.
Step 2: Approach CSC in your locality, apply along with all required documents to CSC operating personal.
Step 3: CSC person will forward the request for Jati Praman Patra online to the concerned department. Note the application number for future reference.
Step4: Tahasildar will process the application and will update the process of application through SMS to the registered mobile number.
After processing the application form, caste certificate will be issued. On receiving an SMS as application accepted, revisit the centre and give application number to CSC operating personally. Now, get digitally signed copy of Uttarakhand Jati Praman Patra/Caste certificate.
Applying Caste Certificate through Uttarakhand e-District
For applying Uttarakhand caste certificate through the e-District portal, follow the step by step guidelines given here.
Step 1: Go to the e-District portal of Government of Uttarakhand
Step 2: In the case of the new user to the e-District portal, register into the portal for avail certificate cervices. Click on Register option from the menu bar.
Step 3: On clicking on applicant’s registration option the page will redirect to the new page, provide the following details for user registration such as Name, Address, District, Tehsil, Mobile Number and Email ID.
Step 5: Enter the captcha code shown and click on the active account button to register in the portal.
Step 6: Receive an OTP to the registered mobile number, enter the same in the place given and Click on Active account.
Login to Portal
Step 7: On activation of the account, log in to the e-District portal using your user id and user password.
Step 8: From service option, select Jati Praman Patra from the drop-down menu.
Step 9: Provide all mandatory details for Jati Praman Patra.
- Parents’ name
- Age and Date of Birth
- Community, Religion
- The religion of parents are also required to be provided
Step 11: Upload photo and all supporting documents (refer above).
Step 12: After entering all the details, click the submit button. Receipt with application number will be generated, keep it safe for future reference.
Note: Attach PDF documents only. Full size of maximum 100KB per page will be allowed.
Status of application
Step 13: Check the status of the application by login to the portal. Also, receive SMS regarding the status of the application.
Download Caste Certificate
Download caste certificate by visiting the e-District portal, select download option from the menu bar and click on digitally certified certificate.
Select caste certificate from the drop-down menu and enter application number and registered mobile number.
Click on submit button to download the digitally signed caste certificate.