Nishaktjan Vivah Protsahan Yojana
Nishaktjan Vivah Protsahan Yojana
The Madhya Pradesh Government is launching several welfare schemes to support the well-being of the weak and helpless citizens of the state. The MP State Government, along with the Social Justice and Disabled Welfare Department has started marriage incentive schemes by which free marriages are promoted for the disabled. One such scheme is Nishaktjan Vivah Protsahan Yojana, whereby eligible beneficiaries can receive up to Rs. 2 lakh. Under the Digital India initiative, the applications for this scheme can be availed online. In this article, let us take a closer look at the various features of the plan.
The objective of the scheme is to stop discriminating the disabled, assist and give them equal benefits just like any other citizen. This scheme provides marriage incentives for the disabled to develop the disability community in the State.
The eligibility criteria to avail the benefits of the scheme as given below:
- The applicant should be a citizen of Madhya Pradesh.
- The applicant must not be an income taxpayer to avail the benefits of the scheme.
- The applicant should have a disability of more than 40%.
- The male applicant has to be 21 years old, and the female applicant has to be at least 18 years old.
- The applicants can avail the benefits of the scheme only if the marriage is socially, religiously and legally acceptable.
- The vulnerable marriage incentive scheme would be granted to the disadvantaged individuals only once. If the widow or widower is remarried, then the application would not be accepted under the scheme.
- To avail incentives, the applicant has to apply within one year from the date of their wedding. However, benefits cannot be availed if the applicant does not apply within one year.
- If the married couple gets a divorce for any reasons before a period of five years, the assistance amount should be returned to the State Government.
Nishaktjan Vivah Protsahan Yojana provides the following funding assistance to its beneficiaries:
- Promotional assistance of Rs. 2 lakhs will be provided if anyone (bride or groom) is disabled.
- A marriage promotion money of Rs. 1 lakh will be provided if both husband and wife are disabled.
To avail the support funds under the scheme, the applicant has to submit the online or offline application in the appropriate format to the Joint Director, Deputy Director Social Justice and Disable Public Welfare Department. The Department would approve all eligible applications. The government has fixed a limit of resolving application form for 15 working days.
Given below are the required documents to apply for the scheme:
- Aadhaar Card
- Madhya Pradesh Basic Residence Certificate
- Two passport size photographs of the married couple
- Legal certificate of divorce for divorced applicants
- Photocopy of the order that is issued by the court in case of divorce
- Death certificate of husband or wife, for a widower or widow to get remarried
- Bank details and photocopy of the passbook
- Age certificate
- Certificate of non-income taxpayer
- Government Immunity Certification Certificate granted by the Doctor
Here is the step-by-step procedure to apply for the scheme:
Step 1: Log in to the website
The applicant has to login to the official website.
Step 2: Click on Disabled Marriage Incentive Scheme
After logging in to the website, the user has to click on Disabled Marriage Incentive Scheme.
Step 3: Registration
If the applicant has not registered in the portal, then he/she has to register by clicking on the registration link.
Step 4: Select the appropriate disability criteria
If only one person is disabled, click the single application and if both are disabled, click join the application.
Step 5: Enter the Composite ID
The applicant has to enter the 9-digit composite ID.
Step 6: Upload Photo
After entering the composite ID, the applicant has to upload the scanned photo.
Step 7: Enter Aadhaar and Mobile number
The applicant has to enter the Aadhaar number and mobile number to get notified about their application status.
Step 8: Enter details of spouse
The user has to enter details of his or her spouse and details of their wedding such as date of marriage, venue of wedding etc.
Step 9: Enter Income Details
The user has to enter the details of annual income.
Step 10: Upload Required Documents
The applicant has to upload the scanned photocopy of the passbook, joined passport size photographs, marriage certificate and income certificate.
Step 11: Click Submit
The applicant has to check the declaration and click Save button.
The application would be submitted to the concerned authority, and once it is approved, the applicant can avail the benefits of the scheme.