RMEWF Scheme for Marriage
RMEWF Scheme for Marriage
The Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare which is regulated under the Ministry of Defence has launched the Raksha Mantri Ex-servicemen Welfare Fund (RMEWF) Scheme for Marriage. RMEWF scheme intends to provide financial assistance for the marriage of Ex-Servicemen (ESM) daughters. In this article, we look at the RMEWF Scheme for Marriage in detail.
To apply for a marriage certificate in India click here.
- RMEWF scheme assists Pensioner, Non-Pensioner Ex-Servicemen (ESM) up to the rank of Havildar in Army or equivalent in the Navy or Air Force.
- The RMEWF scheme was commenced in the year 1981 with the grant of Rs.3,000/- per daughter.
- The scheme was earlier revised in May 2007 to Rs.16,000/- per head and applicable up to two daughters of Ex-Servicemen.
- Thereafter it has been recommended on 01 Apr 2016 that marriage grant in r/o ESM is enhanced from Rs.16,000 per daughter to Rs.50,000/- per daughter (maximum up to two daughters) whose daughter’s marriages are solemnized after 01 April 2016.
Objective of the Scheme
The primary objective of the RMEWF Scheme is to provide financial assistance to an Ex-Servicemen (ESM) or widows up to the ranks of Havildar in the Army, Navy and Air Force for the marriage of their daughters and remarriage of widows.
The below following criteria must be satisfied to participate under the Raksha Mantri Ex-servicemen Welfare Fund (RMEWF) scheme:
- The applicant must be an Ex-Servicemen or his widow.
- The applicant should be of rank Havildar/equivalent and below.
- The eligible daughter should be above 18 years of age.
- The applicant should be recommended by the respective Zilla Sainik Board (ZSB).
- The applicant should not avail any financial assistance or grant from the state or service relating to marriage scheme.
Financial Assistance for Marriage
The fund from the Armed Forces Flag Day Fund (AFFDF) is provided for the marriage of daughters of an eligible Ex-servicemen or widow, at a rate of Rs.50,000/- per daughter or widow whose marriage is solemnized after 01 April 2016.
The required documents are to be produced at the time of submitting your application form.
- Document or Discharge Book of Ex-serviceman (ESM) (Page that contains Ex-serviceman/personal details, Service details and details of the family).
- Proof of Age of the daughter (Birth Certificate/Aadhar Card/Voter id).
- Proof of Marriage – Marriage Certificate from Registrar/Village Sarpanch.
- A certificate from the applicant that he or she has not taken any money/assistance/ grant from the respective State Government or Services towards the daughter’s marriage.
- Copy of Aadhar Card of the applicant Ex-servicemen, widow and dependent.
- Details of Bank such as Account Number IFS Code, Account Number, and name of bank and branch has to be enclosed.
Note: The applicant should possess savings account with either PNB or SBI.
Online Application Procedure for the RMEWF Scheme
To register for RMEWF Scheme for Daughters Marriage online, follow the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Visit the official portal of Kendriya Sainik Board Secretariat (KSBS).
Step 2: Click on “Register” (new user) link which is available on the homepage of the portal.
New User Registration
Step 3: Now, the registration form will be displayed, fill the form with necessary details as shown below.
Step 4: After entering the following detail, click on the “Upload” button to select the image file (photo).
Step 5: Save the application by clicking on the “Save” button and the saved details and password will be forwarded to your registered mail id.
Step 6: Click the activation link which is sent to your mail id to login into the KSB portal.
Step 7: Provide user name, password and verification code and click on the “Login “ button.
Application for RMEWF Scheme
Step 8: Select the scheme name and start filling the new application form by entering the required details such as
- Ex-servicemen (ESM) name
- Service number
- Aadhaar card number
- Present Address
- Dependent daughter name
- Bank details
Step 9: By clicking on the “Upload” button, the required documents are to be submitted and then click on the “Save” button.
Step 10: The application then reaches to the respective Zila Sainik Board (ZSB). The staff of ZSB verifies the application form after providing an appointment to the applicant. The ZSB Officer recommends the application and forwards the same to RSB, where Secretary RSB recommend the applicant, which finally reaches the Kendriya Sainik Board.
Processing at KSB Secretariat
Step 11: Once the application reaches KSB Secretariat. The Staff and Officer at Kendriya Sainik Board after due checks approve the application. Approved applications are then forwarded for payments via NEFT through Account’s section of KSB Secretariat.
Step 12: After approval of the cases, the approved cases will be processed for payment via NEFT by the accounts section of KSB Secretariat.
As per the above procedure, the new application is required to be filled for marriage grant for the second daughter within 180 days of the date of marriage.
Track Application Status
This portal also facilities the user to track the status of the application submitted online.
Step 1: Applicant has to revisit the same portal.
Step 2: Click on “Status of application” link on the homepage of the portal.
Step 3: Now enter your DAK ID and verification code. Click on the “Search” button.
Step 4: Now, you can view the status of your application submitted.
The application form for the RMEWF Scheme for Marriage is reproduced below for quick reference.june 1 (1)_compressed