Madhya Pradesh Residence Certificate
Madhya Pradesh Residence Certificate
Residence certificate or domicile certificate is a legal document that certifies a person’s residential status in a particular state. Residence certificate is used to prove that the person who holds the certificate is a resident of the district or state which issues the certificate. In this article, we look at the procedure for obtaining domicile certificate in Madhya Pradesh.
Purposes of Obtaining Residence Certificate
Domicile or residence certificate needs to be produced for many purposes. Important benefits of obtaining domicile certificate are below:
- To get local preference, residence certificate can be used in many situations
- Using domicile certificate students can get admission in an educational institution
- Domicile certificate is also necessary to apply for scholarship schemes
- To prove a claim, for getting a ration card, it is an important document
- Residence certificate can be furnished as proof when in need of residence quotas in educational institutions
- One can use the residence certificate to apply for Government jobs where residents are preferred
Eligibility criteria to obtain residence or domicile certificate in Madhya Pradesh are below:
- Permanent resident of the Madhya Prades state can only apply for a residence certificate
- Residents of last five years in Madhya Pradesh state are eligible to apply for Domicile Certificate
- If a woman does not originally belong to Madhya Pradesh but is married to a man who is a permanent resident of Madhya Pradesh, then she will be eligible to apply for a residence certificate
To obtain a Madhya Pradesh residence or domicile certificate, the applicant needs to submit the following documents:
- Ration card
- Address proof – passport, voter card, ration card, electricity bill, water bill, telephone bill
- House tax receipt
- School Certificate – Mark sheet or Transfer certificate
- Identity Proof
- The applicant has to produce property details if any property owned by the parents or guardian
- Application form in the prescribed format
- Proof of ownership of land or property in Madhya Pradesh
Note: The Gazetted Officer should attest all documents copies.
Validity of Residence Certificate
Madhya Pradesh residence certificate or domicile certificate is valid for lifetime. The Government will issue the certificate within 7 days from the date of application.
Rs.30 needs to be paid for applying Residence Certificate in Madhya Pradesh.
Applying through Jan Seva Kendra
Step 1: Visit the nearest Jan Seva Kendra in the area.
Step 2: Get an application form from Jan Seva Kendra and provide the following details:
- Full Name
- Father’s or Husband’s Name
- Date and Place of Birth
- Permanent Address
Step 3: Submit the application form along with all required documents to Jan Seva Kendra official person.
After verification, residence or domicile certificate will be issued
Applying for Residence through MP e-District Portal Online
Procedure for applying MP residence or domicile certificate through e-District Portal are:
Step 1: To apply for domicile certificate, go to the official website of MP e-District Portal.
Step 2: In the Seva Prabandhan, Madhya Pradesh website select citizen login option from the home bar.
Step 3: In the small window, click on Proceed after reading the information shown.
Step 4: Sthai Niwas Praman Patra (Permanent Residence Certificate) option from the services available in the e-District Portal.
Step 5: To apply for domicile certificate, the applicant has to login to this Portal using the Aadhaar Number.
Step 6: Enter the Aadhaar number; the applicant will get an OTP to the registered mobile number. Provide the OTP for verification purpose.
Step 7: The applicant can now fill the application form, provide the following details for the application:
- Father’s or Mother’s Name
- Permanent Residential Address
Step 8: Upload all relevant documents (refer above) along with the passport-size photograph.
Step 10: Make payment through Debit, Credit Card, e-Wallet or Internet Banking.
Step 11: On successful submission of the application form, an acknowledgement slip will be generated. Note the application number for future reference.
Domicile certificate will be issued within 7 days from date of application.
Status of Application
The applicant can track the application status by visiting MP e-District Portal. Select the option Avedan Ki Sthiti (Application Status) from citizen section.
Enter application registration number mentioned in acknowledgement slip and enter the Captcha code shown.
Click on submit button to track the application status. Once the application is approved, the applicant can download the domicile or residence certificate from the e-District Portal.
Post by Renu Suresh
Renu is experience content writer specialised in compliances and company rules.