Mukhyamantri Saur Krushi Pump Yojana
Mukhyamantri Saur Krushi Pump Yojana
The Government of Maharashtra has introduced the Mukhyamantri Saur Krushi Pump Yojana to promote solar energy. Under this scheme, the Maharashtra Government will provide a 95% subsidy to the farmers for setting up of solar pump sets. This article explains the Mukhyamantri Saur Krushi Pump Yojana in detail.
Also, read about Saur Sujala Yojana
The objectives of the Mukhyamantri Saur Krushi Pump Yojana are listed below:
- To lessen the burden of farmers expending on irrigation pumps.
- To minimise the subsidy burden on commercial, industrial electricity consumers.
- To replace diesel pumps inorder to reduce pollution.
Features of the Scheme
The features of the Mukhyamantri Saur Krushi Pump Yojana are as follows:
- Mukhyamantri Saur Krushi Pump Yojana aims to reach out farmers from remote areas where the agricultural feeder is not possible.
- As per the scheme guidelines, the government will provide solar pumps at subsidised rates for the farmers.
- Under the scheme, 3HP or 5HP solar pumps would be installed along with the lighting system comprising of 2 LED bulbs, 1 USB port for mobile charging and socket for battery charging.
- The Government has targeted deployment of 1 lakh Off-Grid Solar-powered Ag pumps in phase manner.
- Under the scheme, the farmers with less than 5 acres will get subsidy at the rate of 95% of the total cost of 3 HP solar pump while farmers with more than 5 acres will be provided with 5 HP solar pump for Rs.30,000.
The following are the criteria to be satisfied by the applicant while applying for the scheme:
- All Small, medium and large-scale farmers are eligible to apply for this scheme.
- The farmers must be the resident of Maharashtra State.
- The farmers holding farmland with an assured source of water are eligible.
Note: However, farmers having conventional electricity connections would not be eligible to get benefits of Solar AG pump from this scheme.
|S.No||Category||Beneficiary Contribution for 3HP (Rupees)||Beneficiary Contribution for 5HP (Rupees)|
|1.||Open category||25500 (10%)||38500 (10%)|
|2.||SC category||12750 (5%)||19250 (5%)|
|3.||ST category||12750 (5%)||19250 (5%)|
The following are the documents mandatorily required while applying for the scheme:
- 7/12 details of the land
- Copy of Aadhar card
- Copy of caste certificate
- No objection Certificate (NOC) from the concerned department
To apply for the Mukhyamantri Saur Krushi Pump Yojana, follow the below procedure:
Step 1: The applicant has to submit the application form online by accessing the official portal of MSEDCL.
Step 2: In case of existing applicants, fill the mandatory details such as Aadhaar card number, email id and email id, paid pending application number, fee payment details, sanction number, source of irrigation and its depth, capacity demanded.
Step 3: In case of the new user, Part II of the application form has to be filled with the following details such as name, address, type of land, are of land, Aadhaar number, email id, mobile number, residential address, type of applicant, irrigation type and its depth.
Step 4: After filling the form, the applicant is required to take the print out of the signed application form, and the same has to be uploaded online along with the required documents.
Note: The application form for Mukhyamantri Saur Krushi Pump Yojana is given below in the pdf format:applicationform
Upon receipt of the application form the applicant, the concerned Sub Divisional Officer (SDO) will take over the site inspection where the information filled in the application form will be verified. Then the site inspection will be performed by the SDO with three days from the date of receipt of the application submitted to the circle office. In case of any discrepancy found during the survey has to be rectified and uploaded on the same portal or through a mobile app.
After receipt of the site survey report from SDO and SE (Q&M) will sanction the application of the farmer on a daily basis. The sanction of the pump capacity would be done based upon the following:
- In the case of landholding by the farmer is less than or up to 5 acres, 3 HP solar pump will be provided.
- In the case of landholding by the farmer is more than 5 acres, 5HP solar pump will be provided.
The selection of solar pump capacity will be defined in the system as per the above criteria. However, in case the pump capacity is not adequate, or any deviation is required from the farmer for the selection of capacity, such cases report has to be submitted to the Corporate office for approval.
Upon approval, the firm quotation will be produced automatically and intimated automatically to the beneficiary on SMS and email.
The details of payment to be paid by the farmer will be sent by courier post, and already paid amount will be adjusted, and the beneficiary is required to pay the balance amount calculated by the system.
For the purpose of providing solar pumps, the MSEDCL has floated tenders are as follows:
- The tender for supply of and execution of 50,000 solar pumps is in process and will be finalised.
- The tender for empanelment of 25,000 pumps will also be floated and will be finalised.
The establishment of solar pump revenue division wise agencies will be empanelled. The beneficiary can select the agency after making the payment of demand note. After making intimation of the agency to the MSEDCL by an applicant, will issue the work order to the respective agency and the agency is required to carry out the work within three months from the issue of the work order.
The payment of 70% will be released by the agency and remaining 10% of payment against installation or supply of solar photovoltaic water pumping system excluding taxes would be released on the successful supply of solar photovoltaic water pumping systems.