Mizoram Domicile Certificate
Mizoram Domicile Certificate
Domicile certificate or residence certificate is a valid proof of residence of a person in a particular State. An individual can obtain Mizoram domicile certificate if he/she resided in the State continuously over a period and planned to make that place as his/her permanent residence. It is important to possess a domicile certificate to claim the rights and benefits of the State that he/she resides in. In this article, we look at the procedure for obtaining Mizoram domicile certificate.
Purpose of the Certificate
Domicile certificate is an important proof of residence that must be enclosed wherever required and some of which are mentioned below.
- Domicile Certificate should be produced in many situations such as admission in educational institutions, employment under specific quotas, especially for government jobs, etc. to get local preferences.
- Domicile certificate is a mandate and vital document to apply for ration card.
- To avail the provisions of various schemes of the State or to claim scholarships of the State, domicile certificate is essential.
A person should comply with the following criteria of eligibility to get the domicile certificate in Mizoram.
- The applicant should be a citizen of India.
- Any person who was born in Mizoram and had been residing therein at least for fifteen years is eligible. The wife and minor children of a person having his residence in Mizoram are also suitable.
- The applicant should hold land or any immovable property in the territory of Mizoram for which a copy of Record of Rights (RoR) must be produced.
- A woman who belongs to another state but has married a permanent resident of the State is also eligible.
- Any person or his/her direct family member who was in regular Government service of Mizoram can apply for the certificate.
- To get a domicile certificate for a person of unsound mind, a declaration made by his parent/guardian is acceptable.
Note: Acquiring a domicile certificate from more than one State/U.T. will be considered as an offence as a person is allowed to possess a domicile Certificate from only one State/U.T. under the law.
The following documents must be enclosed while applying for the certificate.
- Certificates from the concerned V.C.P.
- Proof of Indian Citizenship of applicant (Passport or Indian Citizenship Certificate or Electoral Card or any other documents)
- Proof of residence (Ration Card /Electoral Card/ Trade License or any other official documents as proof). Evidence of the applicant’s relationship with the person who claims to be a resident of Mizoram.
- Proof of holding a land (House Taxpayer certificates)
- Proof of age of the applicant (Birth Certificate/School Transfer Certificate/Mark Sheets or any other official documents as proof thereof).
- Documents supporting details of regular employment with the Government of Mizoram – Salary Slip (if applicable)
- Two Passport-sized Photos with the name of the applicant on the reverse side.
- Children born of inter-caste marriages should produce certificates from the concerned V.C.P.
The domicile certificate issued to the applicant extends its validity for a lifetime.
While applying offline, the applicant has to pay Rs.5 for the application form.
E district service charge:
|1.||E District facilitation centre service||Rs. 20|
|2.||Department service change||Rs. 10|
C.S.C. service charge:
|1.||C.S.C. service charge||Rs. 20|
|2.||Department service change||Rs. 10|
The certificate will be issued within the period of 2 to 3 days from the date of application.
Application Procedure to Acquire Mizoram Domicile Certificate
The person who is in need of the domicile certificate can apply either online or offline.
Offline Application Process
Step 1: The applicant should visit his/her respective District Collectorate Office that is situated in all the districts of Mizoram.
Step 2: Then, the application form should be collected after paying a Fee of Rs.5. Fill the application form by providing the essential details.
A copy of the application form is given below, which the applicant can download.Mizoram Common Application_Form
Step 3: The application form along with the supporting documents, must be submitted to the judicial branch, D.C. office Complex, where the application was collected.
Step 4: An acknowledgement receipt will be issued, which should be shown while collecting the certificate.
Note: On successful processing of the application, the applicant will be sent an intimation to collect the certificate through SMS to the registered mobile number.
Online Application Process
Step 1: To apply online visit the official website of Mizoram e-District portal.
Step 2: If new user, register yourself in the e-pramaan portal by clicking on it. It will be redirected to the Register page.
Step 3: Create a profile by clicking on ‘Create account’ option. The page will redirect to the new page. Registration can be done in any of the following options:
- Registration using Aadhaar Number
- Registration using Driving License
- Registration without Identity verification (not recommended)
Step 4: After registering, using the user id and the password that were registered, log in to the portal to access the online application form.
Step 5: Select the Domicile certificate from the list of services.
Step 6: Provide all necessary details such as personal details, residential details, and property details mentioned in the application form.
Step 7: Upload the scanned copies of the document. Enter the Captcha and click save button after verifying.
Step 8: Make the required payment in any of the following modes.
- Net banking
- Debit card payment
- Credit Card Payment
Step 12: An acknowledgement slip will be generated that can be used to check the status, verify, and download the certificate online.
The applicant will be notified on successful processing through SMS to the registered mobile number.
Track Application Status
The applicant can track application status online by visiting the e-District main page. Select ‘Application status’ option.
In the next page, provide the application number. By clicking on search, the application will be displayed.
The concerned officer will release the digitally signed certificate on the approval of the competent authority. The certificate can be verified for its correctness through the Mizoram e-District portal by clicking on the certificate verification option.
Enter the following details.
- Certificate Registration No/ Pass Number
- Applicant’s Name
- Father’s Name
- Applicant’s Date of Birth
Click on the search that will display the certificate. If any mistake found, approach the concerned officer.
If the certificate is correct, the applicant can download the certificate and print the copy.