ring
Mahila Adhikarita Yojana

Mahila Adhikarita Yojana (MAY)

Mahila Adhikarita Yojana (MAY)

The National Safai Karamcharis Finance and Development Corporation (NSKFDC) is an Enterprise which is under the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment. The main objective of NSKFDC is to promote socio-economic upliftment of Safai Karamcharis/Scavengers (A person engaged in any kind of sanitation work and includes his/her dependents) and their dependents by providing financial assistance at concessional rates of interests. The Mahila Adhikarita Yojana (MAY) loan is provided to the Safai Karamchari Scavenger women and their dependent daughters through the Regional Rural Banks (RRBs), State Channelizing Agencies (SCAs), and Nationalized Banks. This article explains about The Mahila Adhikarita Yojana (MAY) in detail.

The Mahila Adhikarita Yojana (MAY) loan is provided mainly through the State Channelizing Agencies, Regional Rural Banks and Nationalized Banks to the Safai Karamcharis/Scavengers. Loan under this MAY loan scheme is provided to Safai Karamchari and Scavenger women and their dependent daughters for projects/schemes with a maximum cost up to Rs.1 lakh for small and petty trade/business and sundry income-generating activities.

Interest Rate

Maximum LimitInterest Chargeable from
SCABeneficiary
Up to Rs.1 lakh per beneficiary/unit2% p.a.5% p.a.

The Loan component from the National Safai Karamcharis Finance & Development Corporation (NSKFDC) is provided up to a maximum of 90% of the total unit cost. The remaining 10% is expected to be provided by the State Channelizing Agencies (SCAs) in the form of loans, subsidies or from any other available sources of funds.

Repayment Period

The repayment period of 5 years after the implementation period of 4 months and a moratorium period of 6 months.

Eligible Sectors for Funding

The NSKFDC can assist in income generating activities as mentioned in the below list. Investing in Infra-structure development is also considered for financing. The activities/projects are not only limited to the below list.

Agricultural Sector: Poultry, Goatery, Milch Animals. Fertilizer Shop etc.

Service Sector: Fabrication Work, Shuttering, Computer, Carpentry Business, , Mobile Repair, Battery winding & repairing, Two/Four wheeler repairing, Barber Shop, Auto-rickshaw (Petrol), Automobile Repair Shop, Photocopier Booth, General Provision Store, and Music Store Battery Electric Vehicle(Erickshaw), Compressed Air Vehicle, Solar energy gadgets, Poly houses, etc.

Industrial Sector: Broom Stick, Artificial Jewellery, Paper, Jute & Cloth Bags & folders, Paper envelopes & File covers, Airbag/purse, Hawai Chappal, and Surgical Bandages making etc.

Other Related Guides

Working Women Hostel Scheme Working Women Hostel Scheme The Government of India has launched “Working Women Hostel Scheme” to promote the availability of reliable and convenient...
NARI Portal for Women NARI Portal for Women India’s march towards digitization and women empowerment was recently given an uplift by the launch of the NARI (National Repos...
Agriculture Entrepreneurship Promotion Scheme Agriculture Entrepreneurship Promotion Scheme The Odisha government has launched an Agriculture Entrepreneurship Promotion Scheme to assist the agric...
Bhartiya Mahila Bank Business Loan Bhartiya Mahila Bank Business Loan Bhartiya Mahila Bank is a public sector banking company established in the year 2013. Bharatiya Mahila Bank (BMB) ...
Best Time for Women Entrepreneurs to Start Busines... Best Time for Women Entrepreneurs to Start Business Freedom to work on your own terms is an aspect both men and women desire. The times have changed ...

Post by Arnold Thomas

IndiaFilings is India's largest online compliance services platform dedicated to helping people start and grow their business, at an affordable cost. We were started in 2014 with the mission of making it easier for Entrepreneurs to start their business. We have since helped start and operate tens of thousands of businesses by offering a range of business services. Our aim is to help the entrepreneur on the legal and regulatory requirements, and be a partner throughout the business lifecycle, offering support at every stage to ensure the business remains compliant and continually growing.

User

Hi there,

Online We are available online!