Kanya Sumangala Yojana
Kanya Sumangala Yojana
The Government of Uttar Pradesh has started a new scheme entitled “Kanya Sumangala Yojana” for girl children of the state. Under this scheme, the UP Government financially support the families on birth of the first girl child. This scheme aims to promote health, education and economic empowerment of people who are living below the poverty line. Let us look in detail about the Kanya Sumangala Yojana in this article.
To know about the Swarnima Scheme for Women
Objective of the Scheme
The primary objective of the Kanya Sumangala Yojana is to eliminate child mortality rate, female foeticide and child marriage cases in society. This scheme aims to inspire girls towards education and will provide them financial help right from their birth till they get graduated through which the girls may get a better life. The Government has made the scheme available to all girls of UP state without any discrimination. This scheme is implemented by the Government in both rural and urban areas.
Following are the criteria requirements to apply for the Kanya Sumangala Yojana:
- All beneficiaries to be the resident of Uttar Pradesh state.
- A family must belong to the EWS (Economically Weaker Section).
- The Below Poverty Line (BPL) families are eligible to apply for this scheme.
- The applicant must be financially vulnerable.
- The beneficial couple must not be income taxpayers.
- The applicant must not receive any financial aid or pension from the Government or other local bodies of Governments.
- The scheme offers assistance to only those students who will complete their high school education.
- In the case of more than 2 female students from a family will be not entitled to attain this benefit.
- The annual income of the parents, must not cross the limit of Rs.3 lakhs mark.
Implementation of the Scheme
- In the first category, the girls who are born on or after April 1st 2019 will be given benefits.
- In the second category, those girls who have already undergone complete hiccup within 1 year and have not been born before April 1st 2019.
- In the third category, the girls who take admission in the 1st class in the current academic session.
- In the 4th category, the girls who take admission in class VI in the current academic session will be given benefits.
- In the 5th category, the girls who take admission in class IX in the current academic session will be given benefits.
- Under the 6th category, the benefits will be provided to the girls who are pursuing graduation/degree or at least 2 years diploma by clearing class XII in the current academic session.
Click here to know about Mahila Adhikarita Yojana (MAY)
Key Features of the Kanya Sumangala Yojana
The below following are the key features of the scheme:
- The UP Government desires to ensure that every girl child of the state must be sufficient education.
- With the implementation of this scheme, the Government will grant assistance to the parents of the female child as they receive the amount to send their daughters to school.
- This scheme overcomes the social evils in the society and supports the girls with a better standard of living.
- The beneficiaries will get the financial assistance their account at the fixed time frame by the government.
Note: The parents will receive the assistance amount whereas if the third child is a girl, then the parents would not receive the benefit of further assistance in the scheme.
Under this scheme, girls will be provided financial assistance of 15 thousand from birth to graduation which will be directly deposited in the parent’s bank account. The assistance amount to 1st and 2nd daughters of the family would be given in the following manner:
|1.||On the birth of a female child||Rs.2000|
|2.||Within 1 year after complete hinging||Rs.1000|
|3.||On getting admission to Class One||Rs.2000|
|4.||On getting admission to Class sixth||Rs.2000|
|5.||On getting admission to Class ninth admission||Rs.2000|
|6.||On admission to the bachelor’s degree or two-year diploma by passing the twelfth standard||Rs.5000|
The applicants must attach the below following documents along with the Application Form to apply for the Kanya Sumangala Yojana:
- Affidavit on an Rs.10 stamp paper.
- Bank passbook
- Identity Proof: PAN, Aadhar, Driving License, Voter Identity Card, etc.
- Address Proof: Aadhar card, Valid Passport, Utility bill, Property tax bill, etc.
- Income Certificate
- Ration Card
- Resident Document
- Recent passport size photographs
- Financial background of applicants (BPL Certificate)
- School Admission documents/Final examination mark sheets
- Adoption certificate of guardian
- Bank passbook or parent/guardian’s bank passbook
- Any other documents (if required)
To apply for the Kanya Sumangala Yojana, the applicant will have to follow the below step by step procedure:
Approach the CSC
Step 1: To avail the benefits under this scheme, the girl’s parents can address the Common Service Center (CSC)
Get Application Form
Step 2: Get the application form from the concerned office and have to fill out an application form in a prescribed format.
Note: The scheme application form is also available online and can be downloaded. The form is reproduced below for ready reference:
Fill out the Application Form
Step 3: A duly completed application form will be sent for the verification process to the representatives.
Attach Documents and Submit
Step 4: After completing the application, submit it to the office of the Block Development Officer\Sub Divisional Magistrate (SDM)\District Probation Officer\Deputy Chief Probation Officer.
Step 5: Then, the scheme application will be verified by the concerned official, if the criteria are not being met, the applications are returned for fulfilling all the conditions.
Step 6: Finally, the respective officer will certify all the documents and send to the concerned department to certify the application form. Upon submission of the scheme application, the applicant will receive an acknowledgement/registration number for future reference.