Haryana Caste Certificate
Haryana Caste Certificate
The Government provides a caste certificate to certify officially that a person belongs to a particular caste or community. Residents of Haryana can obtain a caste certificate to avail of the numerous facilities offered by the State Government that are targeted at a specific category of persons. A caste certificate is also known as a community certificate. In this article, we look at the procedure for obtaining a Haryana caste certificate in detail.
Purpose of the Caste Certificate
Individuals classified under the scheduled caste, and scheduled tribe category are eligible to apply for a caste certificate. The following are the purposes of the Caste Certificate, as mentioned below:
- Caste certificate enables the students to avail seats under reserved quotas in several educational institutions and Government entities.
- This certificate is a required document for fee concessions in colleges/schools.
- This certificate is essential while the State Government is disbursing subsidies for special reservations.
- This certificate is obligatory for job seekers while getting a Government job under reserved quotas.
- This certificate is required to apply for schemes implemented by the Government exclusively for the underprivileged communities.
- This certificate must be provided to reserve seats in the Legislatures.
The eligibility criteria for the applicant to obtain caste certificate from Haryana are below:
- The applicant must be a resident of the State of Haryana.
- He/She must belong to the SC/BC/OBC community as per the notification list.
- For women applicant, a caste report before marriage is required.
To obtain the caste certificate in Haryana, furnish the following documents along with the application form:
- An application Form
- Copy of Ration Card / Copy of Voter Card / Name in the Voter List (one of them)
- Income Certificate
- Aadhaar Card
- Residence Proof
- School leaving certificate/ transfer certificate
- Passport Size Photograph
- If the applicant’s father belongs to another state, the attestation should be made from class I officer.
- Report of Patwari/ EO MC
- Self-attested declaration (Caste under community)
Caste Certificate Issuing Authority in the State of Haryana
A Sub-Divisional Magistrate who is head of a district subdivision, an administrative officer, will issue the caste certificate to the applicant.
Application Procedure for Haryana Caste Certificate
Separate application forms are available for SC/ST, BC, and OBC community candidates. The following are the steps to download the application form, as mentioned below:
Step 1: The candidate should visit the home page of e-District Haryana.
Step 2: Click on “Download Forms” option which is available on the home page. On the next page, all the official application form of the State of Haryana is available.
The application form of SC (Schedule Caste ) caste certificate is below in the PDF format.Haryana Caste Certificate Application Form for SC
The application form of BC ( Backward Caste) caste certificate is below in the PDF format.Haryana Caste Certificate Application Form for BC
The application form of OBC (Other Backward Class) caste certificate is below in the PDF format.Haryana Caste Certificate Application Form For OBC
Step 3: Now, the applicant should fill out the application form with appropriate details without any mistakes. Provide the given following information in the application form like,
- Parents Name
- Age/Date of Birth
- Community Details
- Adhaar Number
Step 4: After filling out the application form, submit it to the concerned authority along with the required documents.
Note:- The concerned authority will issue the caste certificate within 7 days from the date of application.