Duplicate Aadhaar Card
Duplicate Aadhaar Card
The UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) has launched a service of obtaining Duplicate Aadhar card Online. In case if your Aadhaar has been lost, misplaced or if they want a new copy, you can use this facility. This facilitates the residents of India to get their Aadhaar card duplicate by paying nominal charges. Residents who do not have registered mobile number can also apply for “Order Aadhaar Duplicate” using Non-Registered or Alternate Mobile Number. In this article, we look at the procedure for obtaining a duplicate Aadhaar card in detail.
Conditions for Obtaining Duplicate Aadhaar Card
The following are the prerequisite of using the specified method for Aadhaar reprinting is given below.
- You must know your Aadhaar Number or VID (Virtual Identification Number) for giving reprinting request.
- The mobile number must be registered with the Aadhaar Database for giving this request.
- You should be ready to pay fees of reprinting card.
To know more about Lost Aadhar Card
Required Documents to Re-apply for Aadhar Card
The UIDAI accepts the following documents to verify, update or correct information related to the Aadhaar Card.
- Proof of Identification:- An identity document includes Ration/PDS Photo Card, PAN Card, Passport, Driving license, etc.
- Proof of Address:- The address proof documents include Bank Account details/Passbook, Electricity bill, water bill, telephone bill, Property Tax receipt, Credit Card statement, etc.
- Proof of Date of Birth:- The documents accepted for the proof of date of birth includes Birth Certificate, Mark sheet issued by any Government Board or University, PAN card, etc.
The residents will be charged a nominal fee of Rs. 50 (inclusive of GST & speed post charges). The reprinted Aadhaar will be given to the post office through registered post for the delivery. The processing time for the delivery of the new reprinted Aadhaar is 5 working days. Aadhaar Letter will be delivered using speed post Service of Department of Post (DoP) in line with DoP delivery norms, and Delivery Status may be tracked using DoP Status Track Services.
Online Procedure to Order Aadhaar Card Duplicate
The residents will have to follow the below procedure to order Aadhar reprint via online.
Visit UIDAI’s Portal
Step 1: Firstly, the applicants will have to visit the UIDAI’s website using this link.
Order Aadhaar Reprint
Step 2: Then click on the “Order Aadhaar Reprint (Pilot Basis)” option from the dropdown list under the Aadhaar services tab.
Step 3: You will be re-directed to an Order Aadhaar Reprint page where you have to enter your 12 digits Aadhaar Number or Virtual ID and the security code.
Note: In case, your mobile number is not registered, select a box below the security code tab. You will be prompted with a tab for entering the mobile number.
Step 4: You have click on the send OTP button if your mobile number is registered with the UIDAI portal.
Step 5: Once you receive OTP, you have to enter it on the given tab
Step 6: Then you have to select the check box agreeing to “Terms and Conditions”. After that click on the Submit button.
Step 7: Once the correct OTP is entered, you will be able to verify your Aadhaar card details (Only if a mobile number is registered in the Aadhaar database).
Note: If your mobile number or Aadhaar details are not matching or inaccurate, you need to visit Aadhaar Enrolment centre to get the details corrected.
Step 8: If your information is correct, click on ‘Make Payment’ option. You will be redirected to the payment gateway.
Step 9: You can use the following payment modes to make the payment for “Order Aadhaar Reprint.”
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Net Banking
Step 10: A fee for reprinting new Aadhaar is Rs. 50. Then you have to enter the payment details and click on the ‘Pay Now’ button.
Generate Acknowledgement Slip
Step 11: Upon successful payment, you can receive an acknowledgement slip displayed on your screen. You can also print/ download the acknowledgement receipt. You will also receive service request number (SRN) on your registered mobile via SMS.
SRN is 28 digits Service Request Number which is generated after raising the request for Order Aadhaar Reprint on our website. It will be generated every time whenever the request will be raised regardless of whether payment is successful or not.
Airway Bill Number is the tracking number that is generated by DoP, i.e. India Speed Post for the assignment/product that they deliver.
Track Status of Reprint
You can track/ verify the status of your request till dispatch of the Aadhaar Card. You must follow the below steps to track your request.
- You must visit the official portal and click on the “Check Aadhaar Reprint” link that is visible on the order Aadhaar reprint page.
- Then you have to enter the 28 Digit SRN code received by you on your mobile phone via SMS.
- After that, you have to enter the UID number.
- Now enter the security code and then click on the “Submit” button.
Note: If you want to deliver your “Order Aadhaar Reprint” on a different address, first you have to update your Aadhaar details by visiting nearest Enrollment centre or Online update through SSUP portal.