Download GST Certificate
How To Download GST Registration Certificate Online?
GST Certificate is issued to people who are registered under GST. Those are having GST registration certificate are mandatorily required to display the registration certificate prominently at their place of business. Downloading GST certificate is a pretty easy process. In this article, we look at the process of downloading the GST certificate from the GST Portal.
Know more about rules of displaying GST registration certificate.
Steps to Download GST Registration Certificate
To download the GST registration certificate, you should have access to your GST account. Once, you have the GST Portal account details, follow the steps below:
STEP 1: Open the GST India portal https://www.gst.gov.in/
STEP 2: Click on the ‘Login’ button to access the username and password page.
STEP 3: Enter the correct ‘Username’ and ‘Password’ credentials along with the captcha in the required field and click ‘Login’.
STEP 4: Click on the Services –> User Services –>View/ Download Certificate.
STEP 5: Click on the ‘Download’ button on the screen to download the certificate. The certificate contains all the details on the tax transactions.
Sample GST Registration Certificate
A sample GST registration certificate reproduced below for reference:
What is the Time Limit/Validity For GST Registration Certificate?
GST registration certificates issued to regular taxpayers do not have an expiry. Hence, as long as the GST registration is not surrendered or cancelled by GST authority, it would continue to remain valid.
However, in case of casual taxable person GST registration or non-resident taxable person GST registration, the validity is restricted to a maximum of 90 days. The taxpayer can extend the validity of the GST certificate or renew at the end of the validity period.
How to Amend Change in GST Registration?
In case any information on the GST registration certificate is wrong, the taxpayer can initiate an amendment to the core field on the GST portal. Amendment to cor field requires approval by the Tax Officials and on approval a new amended GST registration certificate would be downloaded. Some of the core fields in a GST registration certificate are:
- Any change in the legal/ trade name of the business, not involving a change in PAN
- Principal place of business
- Additional Place of Business (Other than the change in State)
- Addition or deletion of Partners/Karta/Managing Directors and whole-time Director / Members of Managing Committee of Associations / Board of Trustees/ Chief Executive officer or equivalent etc.
Amendment to the core field can be initiated by following the steps below:
- Access the GST Portal.
- Login to the GST Portal with valid credentials.
- Click theServices> Registration > Amendment of Registration Core Fields link.
- Update the changes required in any of the fields required.
- In the Verification tab, select the Verification checkbox.
- In the Name of Authorized Signatory drop-down list, select the authorized signatory.
- In the Place field, enter the name of the place.
- After filling the application for Amendment of Registration, you need to digitally sign the application using Digital Signature Certificate (DSC)/ E-Signature or EVC.
After the amendment of application, the applicant shall receive the status of the application wheater approved or rejected through SMS and e-mail message notification. Upon approval of the application, the applicant can view the approval order (REG 15) and can also download the order on the GST portal. In addition, the Portal shall also provide downloading the registration certificate feature containing the amended details on the certificate.
Click here for Temporary GST Registration, GST Registration for Foreigners or to Cancel the GST Registration.
Post by Arun Kumar
IndiaFilings is India's largest online compliance services platform dedicated to helping people start and grow their business, at an affordable cost. We were started in 2014 with the mission of making it easier for Entrepreneurs to start their business. We have since helped start and operate tens of thousands of businesses by offering a range of business services. Our aim is to help the entrepreneur on the legal and regulatory requirements, and be a partner throughout the business lifecycle, offering support at every stage to ensure the business remains compliant and continually growing.