Chandigarh Income Certificate
Chandigarh Income Certificate
Chandigarh income certificate is an important document which proves the annual income of a person. The Revenue Department of Chandigarh issues income certificate to persons who are residents of Chandigarh to avail various subsidies provided by the Government of Chandigarh. In this article, we look at the procedure for obtaining Chandigarh income certificate in detail.
Benefits of Income Certificate
The benefits of obtaining income certificate are in detail below.
- Income certificate is necessary to avail tax relaxation at the event of land or property purchase.
- Income certificate may be submitted at the time of admission to an educational institution.
- To get a fee permit in an education institution, income certificate is one of the essential documents.
- Income record also needed for securing seats in the quota reserved in an educational institution.
- This certificate has to be furnished to avail certain loans from the bank and financial organisation in Chandigarh.
- For receiving the Governments pensions, income certificate has to be provided.
- Income certificate needs to be provided to obtain certain subsidies and schemes introduced by the Chandigarh Government.
Note: The Gazetted Officer should attest all copy of documents.
Any resident of Chandigarh who has been employed and requires an income certificate to be produced for any purpose is eligible to apply for the document.
At the time of submitting the application form for an income certificate, furnish the following documents:
- Age Proof: Applicant Birth Certificate, PAN Card, Aadhaar Card.
- Address Proof: Ration Card, Passport, Driving License, Voter ID, Electricity bill, property tax receipt and Water bill
- Photograph: Two passport size photographs of the applicant.
- Proof of Income: Form 16 if salaried, income tax return report, salary slip.
In Chandigarh, the applicant can collect the Income Certificate in 15 days from the date of application.
To apply for Income Certificate, the applicant has to submit an application on bond paper with Rs. 2/- court fees ticket and in case of a minor, the application will be signed by the mother or father, and address it to Collector. Chandigarh government, who have the authority to issue the income certificate. To support the details entered in the application, address proof and Income proof shall be attached with it.
Validity of Income Certificate
Income Certificate is valid for 6 months from the date of issue after which the same is required to be renewed. Income Certificate issued for education to Backward Class People can be extended for 5 years.
The competent authorities responsible for the issuance of the certificate are as follows.
- For government employees – the government services issue a payslip to its employees that comprise the details of salary drawn by the same.
- For others – Deputy Commissioner, Sub-divisional Officer (civil)
Follow the given step by step procedure for applying income certificate through the Deputy Commissioner (DC) office (refer above to know the relevant jurisdiction) in Chandigarh is in detail below:
Approach Deputy Commissioner (DC) office
Step 1: The applicant has to approach the nearest Deputy Commissioner office/Sampark centre in their locality for the registration of Income Certificate.
Get Application Form
Step 2: Get the application form from the concerned office and fill out an application form in a prescribed format.
Note: Also, download the application form from the official e-District website, Government of Chandigarh Administration.
The Income certificate application form is below for ready reference.
Fill Application Form
Step 3: Fill the application form with appropriate details without any mistakes. Provide the given following information in the application form.
• Details of the applicant
• Place of birth
• Details of parents
• Details of the annual income of the family
• Permanent Address
• Other details related to registration
Step 4: Submit an application form in the prescribed format to the concerned operator, along with all the supporting documents.
Attach Required Documents
Step 5: After applying, the applicant has to attach the specified documents along with the application form.
Get Acknowledgement Slip
Step 6: Upon submission, the user will receive the transaction number to the registered mobile number informing the details about the registration process on successful registration. The application has to make a note on transaction Id to check the status of the application online.
DC Officer Verification
Step 7: DC officer will forward the request for an income certificate online to the concerned authority.
Prescribed Time Frame
Step 8: The applicant can collect the certificate from the concerned authority.
Issuance of the certificate
Step 9: The concerned Department will process the income certificate request, and after successful verification, the authorised Government Officer will issue the income certificate.
Track/Check Status of Application
Through SMS, the applicant will receive an update regarding the status of an application. Also, track application status online via the e-District portal of Chandigarh. Provide Application number and click on submit button to view the application status.
Download Birth Certificate
On approval of application form, the applicant will receive a notification to the mobile number. Further, login, to the e-District portal, enter the Certificate number and the application number. Then click on the submit button. Finally, you can download Chhattisgarh income certificate.