Assam Fire License
Assam Fire License
Assam fire license is a document of conformity to the requirements of fire safety. Fire license is well known as No-Objection Certificate (NOC) in Assam. Department of Fire and Emergency Services issues fire license to certify that the fire systems are efficient in a given premise. In Assam, fire license is mandatorily required for various types of businesses mentioned in the Assam Fire Service Rules, 1989. The function of the no-objection certificate (NOC) or fire license is to prove conformity of the business to the approved rules of safety. In this article, we look at the procedure to obtain an Assam fire license or no-objection certificate (NOC).
Assam Fire Service Rules, 1989
Assam Fire Service Rules establishes and maintains fire services and related matters for the State of Assam. As per this rule, the Government authorised officer requires the owners or occupiers of the buildings, warehouse, workshop, places of public entertainment to take precautions for the risk of fire.
Importance of Assam Fire License
The occupier or owner of any public buildings has to apply and obtain an Assam Fire License. The importance of Assam fire license is explained below:
- Assam fire license to be acquired for setting up new industries or establishment for carrying out business
- Assam fire license is mandatory for manufacturing and storing of dangerous, hazardous inflammable fuels, explosive items in the factory premises where the units are housed
- Assam fire license or no-objection certificate (NOC) is mandatory for high-rise buildings in the state
Eligibility Criteria for Assam Fire License
Eligibility Criteria to obtain Assam fire license is listed below:
- General Citizen of India can apply for Assam fire NOC
- Holders of site plans/ layout plan and service plan of a building can apply for fire license
- The owner of a building off in which the Fire Prevention & Fire Safety Measures as per NBC, Assam Fire & Emergency Service Act-1985 (as Amended in 2012) & Assam Fire Service Rules1989 and other related Act & Rules and Bye-Laws are implemented is eligible
Fire License for Buildings
Fire safety in buildings is an essential area of concern for employers and landlords to keep peoples fully protected and ensure that the file system is adequately fixed and free of false alarms. The Assam fire license is needed to be obtained for the following buildings:
- Storage and handling of CNG, LPG, CNG, Oxygen, Hydrogen, Methane, Propane, Butane, Chlorine and Ammonia
- Cinema Theatres
- Function Halls, Vivah Bhavan and Building below 15 meters
- Temporary structures, circus, movable theatre and exhibitions
- Transport godowns and any other godowns under Assam Fire Service Rule 1989
- Storied, multi-storied and high rise building under Assam Fire Service Rule 1989 (Form No I)
- Handling of petroleum products (Class A, B & C), industry
- Storage and handling of chemicals under
- The storage and handling of explosives
- The storage and handling of pharmaceutical products,
- Chemical industries and storage of solvents
Applicable Fee for Assam Fire License
The government of Assam provides fire licence services at free of cost.
- Fees for appeal: Rs.500
- Fees for Review: Rs. 1000
The validity of the Assam Fire license
Assam fire license or Assam fire NOC is valid for one year from the date of issue.
Application Processing Time
The Assam fire license, in other words, NOC will be issued within 30 days from the date of the application at the concerned Director of Fire & Emergency Services.
The applicant needs to attach the following documents along with the application to obtain Assam fire licence or fire NOC.
- Copy of Site Plan
- Copy of Lay out Plan
- Copy of Service Plan
- Copy of License/ Permission if any
- Copy of agreement if any
The Director, Fire and Emergency Services, Assam renders service relating to the issuance of Fire license or No Objection Certificate (NOC) for Fire Prevention & Fire Safety Measures as per under Rule-18(2) of the Assam Fire Service Rules, 1989.
The prescribed Appellate authority for Assam fire license is Deputy Director, Fire & Emergency Services. Fire license reviewing authority is Director, Fire & Emergency Service.
The application has to be submitted to the concerned station officer in whose jurisdiction the building is proposed to be constructed.
Assam Fire License Application Procedure
The application procedure to obtain Assam fire license application procedure is explained in step by step procedure here.
Step 1: The owner who is seeking for Assam fire license have to submit an application form in prescribed format to concerned Director, Fire and Emergency Services in whose jurisdiction the building is proposed to be constructed.
As per the usage of the building, different application forms have to submit for obtaining site clearance. The format of application for Assam fire license is attached here:Assam FIRE LICENSE
Inspection for Fire Prevention & Fire Safety Measures
Step 3: Investigation of Premises or buildings will be conducted by Nominated Authority or Designated Public Servant or by Director or as per rules laid down in the Assam Fire Service Rule within seven days from the date of receipt of the application.
Recommendations for Fire Prevention & Fire Safety Measures
Step 4: By inspection, recommendations for fire prevention and fire safety measures will be given within seven working days from the date of examination to the Applicant for basic implementation by him.
Submit compliance report
Step 5: The applicant needs to submit the completed report after implementation of fire prevention and fire safety measures and inspection. The format for compliance report is attached here:Compliance Report
Step 6: On receipt of compliance report after execution as per standard format from the applicant, Inspection of Fire Prevention & Fire safety Measures Suggestion is carried out by the nominated authority within seven working days from the time of compliance report.
No Objection Certificate (N.O.C.)
Step 7: After verifying the inspection report submitted by the Nominated Authority, the authorised officer will issue the Assam fire license or fire NOC.
Get Assam Fire license
By visiting concerned Director of Fire and Emergency Services department, the applicant gets Assam Fire license.
Assam Fire License Renewal Procedure
As stated above, Assam fire license certificate is valid for one year from the date of issue. After one year (before 31st March of every calendar year) license must be renewed. Non-Renewal of the license within the time limit may result in loss of eligibility for insurance coverage and appropriate legal action by Government, Revenue Department or any other Department body.
Owner of the building or occupier having NOC needs to apply for Renewal to Director of Fire Prevention and Fire Safety Department, Assam. The application for renewal is attached here.RENEWAL ASSAM NOC
On receipt of the application, inspection of the premises carried out by the Nominated Authority or Designated Public Servant within seven days from the date of receipt of Application. On satisfactory inspection report, renewed Assam fire license or NOC is issued within seven working days from the date of inspection.
Know more about Tamil Nadu Fire license
Post by Renu Suresh
Renu is experience content writer specialised in compliances and company rules.