Andhra Pradesh Residence Certificate
Andhra Pradesh Residence Certificate
Residence Certificate is an essential legal document that certifies a person’s residential status in a particular state. This Certificate is also known as Domicile certificate. Residence certificate is used to prove that the person who holds this Certificate is a resident of the district or state which issues the Certificate. In this article, we will look at the procedure for obtaining the Andhra Pradesh residence certificate.
Benefits of Obtaining Residence Certificate
The residence certificate is necessary for various purposes. The following are the important benefits of obtaining a residence certificate:
- To get local preference, residence certificate can be used in many situations
- Using residence certificate students can obtain admission in educational institutions under certain quotas
- Residence or domicile certificate is also mandatory for applying to certain scholarship schemes
- For obtaining a ration card, it is an important document to prove residency
- Residence certificate can also be used for applying for State Government jobs where residents are preferred
Eligibility criteria to apply for the domicile certificate in Andhra Pradesh are:
- Permanent resident of Andhra Pradesh can only apply for a residence certificate
- Residents of last seven years in Andhra Pradesh are eligible to obtain a residence certificate
- If a woman does not originally belong to Andhra Pradesh but is married to a man who is a permanent resident of the Andhra Pradesh, then she will be eligible to apply for a residence certificate
To obtain an Andhra Pradesh residence or domicile certificate, the applicant needs to submit the following documents:
- Application form in the prescribed format
- Address proof – Passport, voter card, ration card, electricity bill, water bill or telephone bill
- House tax receipt
- School Certificate – Mark sheet or Transfer Certificate
- Identity Proof – Aadhaar Card
- The applicant has to produce property details if any property owned by the parents or guardian
- Proof of ownership of land or property in Andhra Pradesh (if required)
Fee for Residence Certificate
Fee for applying residence certificate in Andhra Pradesh is Rs.25.
The processing time for issuing the Andhra Pradesh residence certificate will be within a day.
Applying Residence Certificate through MeeSeva Franchise
The following is the procedure for applying residence certificate through the MeeSeva franchise:
Step 1: Applicant needs to visit the nearest MeeSeva Centre.
Submit an Application
Step 2: The applicant needs to submit an application in the prescribed format for a residence certificate at MeeSeva Centre. Separate application form for normal residence certificate and passport residence certificate is available. Provide the following details in the application form
- Applicant details such Name or DOB
- Purpose of obtaining Certificate
Note: Clearly mention the mode of delivery of Certificate.
Application for obtaining normal residence certificate is below for reference:Residence General Application Form
An applicant who is applying for a residence certificate to obtain a passport can use this application form below.AP Residence Passport Application
Step 3: Submit all supporting documents (as mentioned above) to the MeeSeva Centre service operator. The request for residence certificate will be forwarded online to the concerned authority.
Note: MeeSeva service operator will issue a receipt with the residence certificate application number. The applicant will also receive an SMS to the registered mobile number and mail id.
Step 4: The concerned authority, i.e., Tahsildar, will process the residence certificate online and after successful verification, the component authority will approve the residence certificate request.
Step 5: Residence application status will be updated through SMS. The applicant can also check application status by visiting the MeeSeva home page. Enter the application number and click on the Go button; the application status will appear.
Verify Residence Certificate
Step 6: After accepting the applicant’s residence request, they will receive an SMS to the registered mobile number regarding the approval of the application. Verify the residence certificate in MeeSeva portal by entering application number.
Get Residence Certificate
Once Tahasildar approves the request, then Residence Certificate will be dispatched through courier from franchisee to the applicant’s address if Delivery Type is Speed Post Local or Non-Local.
If Delivery type is manual, then the citizen collects the Residence Certificate from MeeSeva franchisee where he or she applied for the certificate.