Andhra Pradesh Residence Certificate
Andhra Pradesh Residence Certificate
Residence Certificate is an essential legal document that certifies a person’s residential status in a particular state. This certificate is also known as Domicile certificate. Residence certificate is used to prove that the person who holds this certificate is a resident of the district or state which issues the certificate. In this article, we will look at the procedure for obtaining Andhra Pradesh residence certificate.
Benefits of Obtaining Residence Certificate
The residence certificate needs to be furnished for various purposes. Important benefits of obtaining residence certificate are listed as follows:
- To get local preference, residence certificate can be used in many situations.
- Using residence certificate students can obtain admission in educational institutions under certain quotas.
- Residence/domicile certificate also mandatory for applying to certain scholarship schemes.
- For obtaining ration card, it is an important document to prove residency.
- Residence certificate can also be used for applying for State government jobs where residents are preferred.
Eligibility criteria to apply for residence or domicile certificate in Andhra Pradesh are listed below.
- Permanent resident of the Andhra Pradesh can only apply for residence certificate.
- Residents of last seven years in Andhra Pradesh are eligible to obtain residence certificate.
- If a woman does not originally belonging to Andhra Pradesh, but married a man who is a permanent resident of the Andhra Pradesh, then she will be eligible to apply for residence certificate.
To obtain Andhra Pradesh residence or domicile certificate, you need to submit following documents:
- Application form in prescribed format
- Address proof – Passport, voter card, ration card, electricity bill, water bill or telephone bill
- House tax receipt
- School Certificate – Mark sheet or Transfer certificate
- Identity Proof – Aadhaar Card
- You have to produce property details if any property owned by your parents or guardian
- Proof of ownership of land or property in Andhra Pradesh (if required)
Fee for Residence Certificate
Fee for applying residence certificate in Andhra Pradesh is Rs.25.
Andhra Pradesh residence certificate will be issued within a day.
Applying Residence Certificate through MeeSeva Franchise
Procedure for applying residence certificate through MeeSeva franchise is explained in detail here.
Step 1: Applicant need to visit the nearest MeeSeva Centre.
Submit an Application
Step 2: The applicant needs to submit an application in prescribed format for residence certificate at MeeSeva Centre. Separate application form for normal residence certificate & passport residence certificate are available. Provide following details in application form
- Applicant details such Name/DOB
- Purpose of obtaining certificate
- Self declaration
Note: Clearly mention the mode of delivery of certificate.
Application for obtaining normal residence certificate is reproduced here.Residence General Application Form
An applicant who is applying for residence certificate to obtain passport can use this application form below.AP Residence Passport Application
Step 3: Submit all supporting documents (as mentioned above) to the MeeSeva Centre service operator. The request for residence certificate will be forwarded online to the concerned authority.
Note: MeeSeva service operator will issue a receipt with the residence certificate application number. Applicant will also receive an SMS to the registered mobile number and mail id.
Step 4: The concerned authority i.e, Tahsildar, will process the residence certificate online and after successful verification, the component authority will approve the residence certificate request.
Step 5: Residence application status will be updated through SMS. Applicant can also check application status by visiting MeeSeva home page. Enter your application number and click on Go button, application status will be displayed.
Verify Residence Certificate
Step 6: Once the applicant’s residence request is accepted, an SMS will be sent to registered mobile number as the application has been approved. Verify the residence certificate in MeeSeva portal by entering application number.
Get Residence Certificate
Once the request is approved by Tahasildar then Residence Certificate will be dispatched through courier from franchisee to the applicant’s address if Delivery Type is Speed Post Local/ Non-Local.
If Delivery type is Manual, then the citizen collect the Residence Certificate from MeeSeva franchisee where he/she applied for the Certificate.
Income Tax eFiling
We have made the Income Tax eFiling, simple and easy. File your income tax return online with the dedicated Tax Experts support from IndiaFilings.
IndiaFilings.com (ERI ID: ERIA100945) is an Income Tax Department authorised eReturn Intermediary.