YSR Pension Kanuka Scheme for Weavers
YSR Pension Kanuka Scheme for Weavers
The Andhra Pradesh Government has recently launched various pension scheme under YSR Pension Kanuka. As a part of YSR Pension Kanuka, the weaver pension scheme intends to provide financial assistance in the form of monthly pension to the handloom weavers. The implementation of this scheme is processed by the Chief Minister of the Andhra Pradesh state. In this article, we look at the YSR Pension Kanuka Scheme for Weavers in detail.
Key Features of the Scheme
The key features of the YSR Pension Kanuka yojana for weavers are as follows:
- Under this scheme, the government will provide Rs.2250/- per month to the handloom weavers of the state.
- The government will allow only the weavers from Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) to avail the benefits under this scheme.
- Under this YSR Pension Kanuka weaver scheme, the government will transfer the pension amount to the beneficiaries through their bank account.
The following are the eligibility criteria required to apply for the scheme:
- To avail the benefits under this scheme, the applicant should be a resident of Andhra Pradesh.
- This pension scheme is only for the destitute weavers.
- The age of the applicant should be 50 years or above.
- Also, to apply for the pension scheme, the applicant should be under the category of Below Poverty Line (BPL) family holding a white ration card.
Note: The applicant who has already availed any financial assistance under state government relating to the weaver pension scheme is not eligible to participate under YSR Pension Kanuka scheme.
Selection of Pensioners
To get eligibility for pension under the Below Poverty Line (BPL) status, Government have decided to verify the following factors for inclusion and exclusion of pensions.
Priority will be given to below-mentioned persons:
- ST households particularly PVTG Households in Agency areas
- SC households
- Practising Artisans (Weavers, Toddy Tappers, Barbers, Washermen, Potters, Blacksmith, Carpenter, Cobbler, Animal herder, Village Artistes etc.) and other Backwards Classes
- Daily labourers (Daily wage labourers, Agricultural Labourers, Migrated labourers)
- Nomadic Tribes having no permanent residence
- Households with destitute/orphans
- Households with Disabled
- Households of Manual Scavengers
- Other poor Households
- State/Central Government and PSU Employees
- Government employee pensioners (including PSU, Central Govt etc.)
- Income taxpayers (Know more about income tax filing)
- Landowners having more than 2.5 Acres of wet and 5 Acres Dry or both wet and dry together more than 5 Acres (except ST in scheduled areas in ITDAs)
- Outsourced Employees
- Private salaried (monthly salaried)
- Owner of car
- Freedom Fighter pension holders
Rural: The Mandal Parishad Development Officer (MPDO) is responsible for sanctioning the pension amount for the beneficiaries in rural areas.
Urban: The Municipal Commissioner is the concerned authority responsible for sanctioning the pension amount for the beneficiaries in urban areas.
The required documents are to be produced at the time of registering the scheme:
- Copy of Aadhar card.
- BPL Ration card of the applicant.
- Residence Proof (Domicile certificate).
- Birth certificate or identity proof with the date of birth.
- Bank passbook and savings or deposit details.
- Applicant passport size photographs
As the scheme has been presented recently by the Andhra Pradesh Government is yet to release the application process. When the applications are rolled out, the eligible beneficiaries will be able to access the application form from the authorised website of state government.
Under this waiver pension scheme, the assistance will be directly sent to the beneficiary’s bank account through direct bank transfer.
Post by Karthiga
IndiaFilings is India's largest online compliance services platform dedicated to helping people start and grow their business, at an affordable cost. We were started in 2014 with the mission of making it easier for Entrepreneurs to start their business. We have since helped start and operate tens of thousands of businesses by offering a range of business services. Our aim is to help the entrepreneur on the legal and regulatory requirements, and be a partner throughout the business lifecycle, offering support at every stage to ensure the business remains compliant and continually growing.