Vishesh Prashikshan Mitras
Vishesh Prashikshan Mitras
National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation (NHFDC) regulated under the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment has introduced the Vishesh Prashikshan Mitras scheme to support disabled person in our country. The scheme intends to develop employment opportunities by providing training in skill development and enable disabled persons to become self-employed entrepreneurs. This article explains about the Vishesh Prashikshan Mitras scheme in detail.
Also, read about Vishesh Udyami Mitra scheme
Purpose of the Scheme
The purpose of the Vishesh Prashikshan Mitras scheme is to provide handholding support to Persons with disabilities (PwDs) for availing skill training to improve their skills in employment.
Objective of the Scheme
Vishesh Prashikshan Mitras scheme aims at assisting the disabled persons in the form of guidance, information and support for procedural or documentation formalities required for availing skill or vocational training through various Institutions and agencies.
Empanelment of “Vishesh Prashikshan Mitras”
Any institutions or agencies, i.e. Vishesh Prashikshan Mitras, will have to register with NHFDC through State Channelizing Agencies (SCAs ) or Regional Rural Banks (RRBs) to participate under this under.
Under the Scheme, financial assistance would be granted to the selected Vishesh Prashikshan Mitras for providing handholding support and assistance to the eligible disabled persons. The following organizations, agencies and individuals can be appointed as the Vishesh Prashikshan Mitras:
- All existing national level Entrepreneurship Development Institutions (EDIs) like NEISBUD etc. is eligible to register for the scheme.
- Any agents such as banking agents, insurance agents of Regional Rural Banks (RRBs) and Public Sector Banks (PSBs) working for financial inclusion and agents of post offices.
- Any other training institutions, organizations, Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) etc. are approved by CMD, NHFDC.
Role and Duties of Vishesh Prashikshan Mitras
The selected Vishesh Prashikshan Mitras is required to help in:
- Identification of Person with Disabilities (PwDs) interested in taking up vocational or skill training activities under the NHFDC scheme.
- Identification of suitable training trade matching educational institution, experience background and disability constraints of the person.
- Guide the Persons with Disabilities (PwDs) about registrations in filling up the admission form of the training institute.
- Once the skill training is completed, the Vishesh Prashikshan Mitras would also motivate the beneficiary to avail concessional credit for taking up the self-employment venture in the acquired skill.
Assistance to Vishesh Prashikshan Mitras
NHFDC will give financial assistance at the rate of Rs.1000/- per trainee to Vishesh Prashikshan Mitras. This financial assistance will be released as per the following conditions:
- To the extent of 80% of the subsidy will be provided at the time of completion of training of PwDs.
- The balance 20% will be given after submission of post-training tracking report of the trained disabled persons for six months.
Financial Assistance to Vishesh Prashikshan Mitras
- The assistance for services provided by ‘Vishesh Prashikshan Mitras will be disbursed to a training institution or SCA or RRBs on submission of duly certified claims or bills with the recommendation of training institution, SCA, RRBs of the concerned state.
- NHFDC will release the above service charges to Vishesh Prashikshan Mitras after submitting the receipt of proof of admission or certified copy of training completion certificate of disabled persons from the training institutions or SCA or RRBs etc.
Rights of NHFDC
In case of any dispute or interpretation, the decision of the CMD, NHFDC will be final and binding.
In the case of any queries related to the scheme can contact the below-mentioned address:
Red Cross Bhawan, Sector-12, Faridabad-121007, Haryana E-mail: [email protected]
PhD Commerce and Industry, PHD House, 3rd Floor, 4/2 Siri Institutional Area, August Kranti Marg, New Delhi-110 016.
NHFDC regional office Cum skill training centre(UJJAIN):
A15/7, mahakal Banijya Kendra, Nanakheda, Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh-456010. E-mail: [email protected]
Note: A candidate can also contact state channelising agency(SCA) through the given link.