Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India
Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India
The Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India, or commonly known as EDII, epitomises the will to advance the frontiers of development with the belief that proper education and training can have a rippling effect on these aspects. It is a non-profit autonomous institute which was first established in 1983 at Ahmedabad, Gujurat. Post the initial years of evolvement, and this Insitute was capable of identifying its critical domains of operation that overlap with the Institute’s, as well as India’s goals and objectives in terms of entrepreneurship. The EDII aims to enhance the spirit of entrepreneurship and the levels of skills by opening various sustainable entrepreneurial paths and accelerating system for entrepreneurship. This article talks about EDII and multiple aspects of the same.
The EDII is sponsored by 4 apex financial institutions which are the IDBI Bank, IFCI Limited, ICICI Bank Limited, and the State Bank of India (SBI). The Gujarat State Government had pledged 23 acres of land where the EDII campus is currently situated at. The EDII has helped to set up 12 State-level exclusive Entrepreneurship Development Centres and Institutes around the nation to secure its objective.
One of the greatest achievements by the EDII was by taking entrepreneurship to several schools, colleges, science and technology institutions, and management schools across India by incorporating entrepreneurship inputs into their curriculum. To enhance entrepreneurship research, EDII has established a Centre for the Research in Entrepreneurship Education and Development, also known as CREED. This Centre would investigate a wide array of issues concerning the Small and Medium Enterprise sector with an extensive network of researchers and trainers.
On an international level, various efforts to develop entrepreneurship by sharing resources and organising training programmes that were initiated by the EDII have helped it to earn accolades and support from international organisations such as World Bank, Commonwealth Secretariat, UNIDO, ILO, FNSt, British Council, Ford Foundation, European Union, ASEAN Secretariat and several other renowned agencies.
Mission and Beliefs
The following is the mission of the Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India/ EDII.
To become a catalyst to facilitate the emergence of competent first-generation entrepreneurs and transition of existing SMEs into various growth-oriented enterprises through entrepreneurship education, training, research and institution building.
The following are the beliefs by which the Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India/ EDII functions in.
- Entrepreneurship is an essential tool that facilitates the inclusive growth of the society.
- Entrepreneurship education, training and counselling can be helpful in finding progressive entrepreneurs.
- Entrepreneurship encourages the youth of the country to seek innovations and challenges. Thus, leading to optimal utilisation of resources and wealth creation.
- Increased rate of entrepreneurship is an indicator of the overall national economic growth.
- The country, by unleashing the EDII’s enormous growth potential, may be placed on a high growth trajectory.
The following are the eligibility criteria for EDII Post Graduate Diploma In Management Business Entrepreneurship Admission.
- Candidates must have a minimum 3-year university degree holder or be a 4-year professional degree holder in any discipline that is recognized by the University Grants Commission along with 10th and 12th schooling graduation.
- Graduation with a minimum of 50% marks (45% for students of the reserved category) from a recognised University in aggregate in any discipline.
Applicants who are in their final year of graduation may also apply for the admission.
- Applicants must have appropriate test scores in either of the following exams:
EDII Application Fee
The following are the application fee for the Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India.
- Application Fees for the General Category: INR 1500
- Application Fees for Women: INR 1000
- Application Fees for Reserved Category: INR 1000
- Application Fees for PIOs/ NRIs/ FNs Candidates: USD 100
Note: The application fee can be paid via a demand draft in favour of Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India payable at the Institute at Ahmedabad or Online through Net Banking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card as well.
EDII Programmes and Fee
The following are the programmes and fee structure for the relevant course.
|Programme||Tuition Fees (INR)|
|Post Graduate Diploma In Management – Business Entrepreneurship (PGDM-BE)||INR 10,96,000 for Non-Resident Students|
|INR 12,56,000 for Resident Students|
EDII is offering a co-working space and other essentials in terms of infrastructure facility to start-ups and business ideas of their current students in the form of EDII Launchpad. This is a novel and successful entrepreneurship initiative. It is aimed to encourage the younger student entrepreneurs to work as an individual or as a team in order to obtain entrepreneurial experience along with the opportunity to face the pressures and demands of the real world.
EDII Launchpad teaches the younger generation that startups are not about executing a particular business plan, but are temporary organisations that exist to come up with a scalable and reliable business model. EDII Launchpad offers experiential exposure that is required by an entrepreneur in today’s world. The Launchpad enables its students to be a part of Gujarat’s vibrant startup community under the academic ambience of the EDII.
Any EDII student entrepreneur who plans to start their ventures and develop their business idea is eligible to apply for the EDII Launchpad.
The following are the steps to be registered under the EDII Launchpad.
- Students are required to be ready with the business idea and basic business snapshots.
- The submitted business ideas will be analysed and reviewed by a panel of faculty members. It will then be recommended to the EDII Launchpad team.
- EDII Launchpad will offer counselling, support and services related to the market survey, creation of prototype, financial forecasting, interaction with various bankers, and so on.
- Students may submit ideas with teams that comprise of outside members. However, the details of the external team members are to submitted along with the business idea to the review board.
- EDII will offer a limited co-working space for 6 months to 1 year.
- Office spaces will be accessible from 4 PM to 8 PM.
- EDII Launchpad participants must take care of the EDII Launchpad infrastructure.
The following are the institutions that the Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India has in its network throughout the country.
State Level Institutional Network
- IED Uttar Pradesh – Institute of Entrepreneurship Development Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
- CED Himachal Pradesh – Centre for Entrepreneurship Development Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
- EMDI Rajasthan – Entrepreneurship & Management Development Institute Jaipur, Rajasthan
- CED Andhra Pradesh – Centre for Entrepreneurship Development Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
- CEDOK Karnataka – Centre for Entrepreneurship Development of Karnataka, Dharwad
- CED Gujarat – Centre for Entrepreneurship Development Gandhinagar, Gujarat
- CED Maharashtra – Centre for Entrepreneurship Development Aurangabad, Maharashtra
- IED Orissa – Institute of Entrepreneurship Development Bhubaneswar, Orissa
- CED Madhya Pradesh – Centre for Entrepreneurship Development Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
- CED Tamil Nadu – Centre for Entrepreneurship Development Madurai, Tamil Nadu
- IED Bihar – Institute of Entrepreneurship Development Patna, Bihar
- EDI J & K – Entrepreneurship Development Institute Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir
National Level Institutional Network
- BMOs – Business Management Organizations Industries Associations
- ED Cells – Entrepreneurship Development Cells
- NGOs – Non-Governmental Organizations
- STEPs – Science & Technology Entrepreneurship Parks
- NIESBUD – National Institute for Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development, Noida
- NIMSME – National Institute for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
- TBIs – Technology Business Incubators
- IIE – Indian Institute of Entrepreneurship, Guwahati
International Level Institutional Network
- CIEDC: Cambodia-India Entrepreneurship Development Centre, Phnom Penh
- MIEDC: Myanmar-India Entrepreneurship Development Centre, Yangon
- LIEDC: Lao-India Entrepreneurship Development Centre, Vientiane
- SIEDRIC: China-Sino-India Entrepreneurship Development Research Centre, Chenggong, Yunnan Province, China
- VIEDC: Vietnam-India Entrepreneurship Development Centre, Hanoi
EDII-trained Resource Persons
- Alumni Network through interventions in around 103 countries.
- Business Counsellors
- Entrepreneur Trainer-Motivators
- Open Learning Programme in Entrepreneurship (OLPE) Counsellors
- Teachers/ Faculty Members
- Post Graduate Programme (PGP) Alumni