Vishesh Udyami Mitra
Vishesh Udyami Mitra
The Department of National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation (NHFDC) has been setup by the Government of India to promote economic and development activities undertaken by persons with disabilities. Under the NHFD department, Vishesh Udyami Mitra scheme for the disabled persons was developed to support them financially by providing the loan facilities for starting self-employment ventures. In this article, we look at the Vishesh Udyami Mitra scheme in detail.
Purpose of the Scheme
The purpose of the Vishesh Udyami Mitra scheme is to provide handholding support to Persons with disabilities (PwDs) for availing concessional credit under NHFDC schemes for starting self-employment ventures.
Objective of the Scheme
The main aim of the entrepreneur scheme is to provide assistance to the needy disabled persons in the form of information, support, guidance for procedural or documentation formalities required for availing concessional credit through various Institutions and agencies, i.e. ‘Vishesh Udyami Mitras’ for setting up and running of the new enterprise.
Empanelment of “Vishesh Udyami Mitras”
Any institutions or agencies, i.e. Vishesh Udyami Mitras, will have to register with NHFDC through Regional Rural Banks (RRBs) or State Channelizing Agencies ( SCAs ) to participate under this under.
Eligibility Criteria for registration of Vishesh Udyami Mitras
Under the Scheme, financial assistance would be given to the selected Vishesh Udyami Mitras for rendering assistance and handholding support to the eligible disabled entrepreneurs. The following agencies or organizations individuals can be appointed as the Vishesh Udyami Mitra:
- Any existing national level Entrepreneurship Development Institutions (EDIs) like NEISBUD etc. is eligible to apply for the scheme.
- Any Insurance agents, banking agents of Public Sector Banks
- (PSBs) and Regional Rural Banks (RRBs) working for financial inclusion and agents of post offices.
- Any other organizations, training institutions, Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) etc. are recommended by CMD, NHFDC.
Role and Duties of Vishesh Udyami Mitras
The selected Vishesh Udyami Mitras is required to help in:
- Identification of potential eligible Person with Disabilities (PwDs) interested in taking up self-employment activities.
- Identification of suitable enterprise, product and projects to be executed.
- Preparation of a project report is required to avail concessional credit under NHFDC scheme through State Channelizing Agencies, Regional Rural Banks of NHFDC.
- Guide the Persons with Disabilities (PwDs) about various registrations, licenses, clearances and No Objection Certificates (NOC) related to self-employment business activity.
- Once the enterprise has been set up, the Udyami Mitras would also monitor and follow up on the functioning of the enterprise and provide help in overcoming various managerial, financial and operational problems.
Financial Assistance to Vishesh Udyami Mitras
The rates of financial assistance to be given by NHFDC to Vishesh Udyami Mitras.
Amount of Loan
Scale of Assistance
|For loan up to Rs.1.00 lakh||Rs.500/-per case or project|
|For loan above Rs.1.00 lakh and up to Rs 5.00 lakhs||Rs.1000/-per case or project|
|For loan above Rs 5.00 lakhs||Rs.750/- per case or project|
Procedure for releasing Financial Assistance to Vishesh Udyami Mitras
- The services charge for services provided by ‘Vishesh Udyami Mitras’ will be issued to SCA/RRBs on submission of duly certified claims or bills with the recommendation of SCA/RRBs of the concerned state.
- NHFDC will release the above service charges after obtaining the receipt of proof on the release of loan to the disabled beneficiary through the SCA or RRBs etc.
- In case the proposal is sanctioned or approved by SCA/RRB etc. under their delegated authority, NHFDC will issue service charge after receiving a claim of the registered “Vishesh Udyami Mitras” from the respective SCA/RRB etc. and the utilization details of the disabled beneficiary.
Rights of NHFDC
In case of any interpretation or dispute, the decision of the CMD, NHFDC will be final.
- Corporate Office:
PHD Commerce and Industry, PHD House, 3rd Floor, 4/2 Siri Institutional Area, August Kranti Marg, New Delhi-110 016.
- Registered Office:
Red Cross Bhawan, Sector-12, Faridabad-121007, Haryana E-mail: [email protected]
- NHFDC regional office Cum skill training centre(UJJAIN):
A15/7, mahakal Banijya Kendra, Nanakheda, Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh-456010. E-mail: [email protected]
Note: A candidate can also contact state channelising agency(SCA) through the given link.