Udyog Aadhar – Application Process & Documents Required
Udyog Aadhar is a registration provided to micro, small, medium sized businesses in India under the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise Development Act, 2006 (MSMED). Udyog Aadhar used to be referred to as MSME registration earlier. Now, the process for obtaining MSME registration has been merged with Udyog Aadhar registration and made completely online by the Government. The main objectives of the MSME department with respect to providing Udyog Aadhar registration are as follows:
- To enable the micro, small and medium enterprises to efficiently compete with international competition;
- To promote the growth of micro, small and medium enterprises on large scale to effectively tackle the widespread problems of unemployment and poverty;
- To extend benefits of various government scheme at one stop to the SSI units;
- To safeguard SSI from financial harassment in the hands of big industries.
Udyog Aadhar Eligibility
Not all businesses can obtain Udyog Aadhar registration. Only those entity that could be classified as a micro, small or medium enterprise as per the table below based on investment in plant and machinery is eligible for Udyog Aadhar.
|Classification||Manufacturing Sector||Service Sector|
|Micro Enterprise||Upto Rs. 25 lakhs investment in plant & machinery||Upto Rs. 10 lakhs investment in equipment|
|Small Enterprise||Upto Rs.5 crore investment in plant & machinery||Upto Rs.2 crores investment in equipment|
|Medium Enterprise||Upto Rs.10 crore investment in plant & machinery||Upto Rs.5 crores investment in equipment|
Any service business having an investment in equipment of more than Rs.5 crores or a manufacturing business having an investment in plant & machinery of more than Rs.10 crores would not be eligible for obtaining Udyog Aadhar registration.
Benefits of Udyog Aadhar
Udyog Aadhar registration is provided free of cost by the Government and its simple and easy to obtain online. After obtaining Udyog Aadhar, a business can enjoy the following benefits:
- The applicant will receive financial support for participating in foreign expos to showcase their products.
- The applicant will also be eligible for government subsidies.
- Registration would facilitate hassle-free opening of current bank accounts in the name of the business.
- It would also allow businesses to apply for government micro business loans and other such related beneficial schemes.
Documents Required for Udyog Aadhar
The applicants personal Aadhar is the main requirement for obtaining Udyog Aadhar in case of a proprietorship. No further documents are required other than an email and a mobile number.
- In case of proprietorship, the applicants Aadhar must be used.
- In case of partnership, the partners Aadhar can be used.
- In case of company, the Directors Aadhar can be used.
- In case of LLP, the Designated Partners Aadhar can be used.
If an applicant or authorised signatory of a business does not have Aadhar, then he/she must first apply for Aadhar at an Aadhar enrolment centre. Once, the Aadhar is obtained, the Udyog Aadhar process can be started.
In addition to the Aadhar, the applicant would have to submit the information required in the following Udyog Aadhar application form:Udyog Aadhar Application
Procedure for Udyog Aadhar Application
Follow the steps below to obtain Udyog Aadhar registration online:
- Logon to the Udyog Aadhar website.
- Enter the 12 digit Aadhar of the applicant and complete the verification process.
- Name of Owner – Fill name of authorised signatory or owner as mentioned on the Aadhar Card. If the name does not match with the Aadhar number, the applicant will not be able to complete the form.
- Social Category – Provide the applicant’s caste: General/Schedule Caste/Schedule Tribe/ Other Backward Castes. The proof of belonging to SC, ST or OBC may be asked by appropriate authority, if and when required.
- Name of Enterprise – Fill the name by which the enterprise is known to the customers/public and is a legal entity to conduct business.
- One applicant can obtain more than one Udyog Aadhar with the same Aadhar Number, in case of multiple businesses.
- Type of Organization – Select the type of legal entity for the business.
- PAN – Enter PAN Number of proprietor in case of proprietorship. In case of company or LLP, enter the PAN of the entity for which Udyog Aadhar is sought.
7. Location of the plant – Enter address of all location of business.
8. Official Address – Enter main address or corporate office address along with mobile and email address.
9. Date of Commencement – Enter the date on which the business was started.
- Previous Registration Details – Enter details of previous MSME registration, if applicable.
- Bank Details – Enter details of bank account of the company including IFSC Code and Bank Account Number.
- Major Activity – Select major area of activity of the business – manufacturing or service.
- NIC Code – Select the appropriate NIC Code from the National Industrial Classification (NIC) handbook.
- Person employed – Enter the total number of people employed in the business.
- Investment in Plant & Machinery/Equipment – Enter the amount of money invested in terms of machinery and equipment by the business. Do not include value of building or land.
- DIC – Enter details of the District Industry Center nearest to the business, if required.
On submission of the above information, OTP would be sent one more time to the applicant’s mobile. If successfully completed, Udyog Aadhar would be provided.
For assistance with Udyog Aadhar registration, get in touch with an IndiaFilings Advisor.