Tea Trails Franchise
Tea Trails Franchise
“There is something in the nature of tea that leads us into a world of quiet contemplation of life.”
A cup of tea, as they say, is a beverage that solves all of life’s tumults. This delicious nectar of a drink with its marvelous golden flavor has captured the hearts of writers, presidents, and celebrities alike providing it the distinction of a royal drink. Accounts from the past convey, though without any documentation, that the beverage holds a storied history in the country. The tea culture in India became more compelling under the British Regime, who must be accredited for the growth of its plantations. The county is now equipped with 13,000 tea gardens, most of which are scattered across Assam; West Bengal; Tamil Nadu; and Kerala, while the rest of the locales are not too far behind in playing catch up. India ranks second in the world for tea production, and first in the black tea segment. Tea Trails, a venture of Zone8 Tea World Pvt. Ltd, made its foray in 2012 as India’s first chain of dining tea cafes providing the hottest of brews from the heartiest of tea destinations, added with a pair of accompaniments that perfectly complement the beverage. The entity caters to the Indian masses by handpicking products adored by the Indian populous. The establishment already boats of 30 franchise units across the country, though we can expect a surge in the number considering its object to launch a total of 500 outlets in five years. This article looks at the procedure of setting up a Tea Trails franchise in India.
Pallets Served in the Chain
Tea trails provide an assortment of beverages, be it hot or cold, milky or non-milky, light or rich. Customers can choose from almost 80 varieties of teas, right from normal to extravagant. Its snack and food platter is formulated with cuisines that go well with the drink.
The café further specializes in tea-infused dishes such as the Burmese Tea Salad, Tea Marbled Eggs, Tea-infused Thai bowl and a host of others.
Why Partner with Tea Trails?
- Its successful foray into the Indian market.
- Expertise in brewing tea.
- A collection of more than 80 varieties of gourmet teas from the heartiest tea destinations of the world.
- Quality tea sourced from the most prominent of tea gardens.
- Tea-infused food and tea food pairing.
- Standalone reputation from all quarters.
- Proven business model.
- Established and renowned in the beverage sector.
The business partners of Tea Trails would be accorded with the following benefits:
- Lower investment.
- Scope for high returns.
- Site identification and inspection.
- Site finalization and signing of agreement.
- Outlet launch.
- Ceaseless brand support.
- Full-fledged transparency.
- Formation of standardized ambiance.
- Recruitment and training of staff.
- Procurement of equipment.
- Unlimited growth opportunity.
- Quick ROI (Return on Investment).
- Marketing support.
Preferred Partner Profile
Tea Trails is on the lookout for entrepreneurs of the following specifications to act as partner franchisees:
- A drive for innovation.
- Passion and burning desire to operate the business.
- Interest in the Food & Beverages sector.
- Willingness to launch a business with a reputed establishment.
- Expertise in management.
- Willingness to put in the toil for the betterment of the franchise.
Permissible Form of Establishments
The aspiring entrepreneur may choose to launch a normal café or a dining tea café. The infrastructural requirements would vary based on the type of franchise model chosen.
Tea Trails require investors to splash a sum of INR 30 lakhs-50 lakhs to start a single unit franchise and Rs. 50 lakhs- 1 crore for a master franchisee. Besides, franchisees must remit a royalty of 15%.
Company estimates suggest the business partner would receive an ROI of 60%, with a likely payback period of 1-2 years. It may be noted that a single unit franchise’s investment fee would include franchise fee, equipment, furniture, fixtures, and advertising/marketing. The sum of investment in case of a master franchise would include all the suggested ones barring the procurement cost of furniture/fixture and that of promotions.
Earlier in the article, we had examined the kind of options an entrepreneur is vested with, i.e., a café and a dining tea café. The former business model can be established in a commercial space of 200-300 square feet, whereas the latter requires a space of 500-1000 square feet. The premise of the establishment must be easily approachable. A high street or commercial mall may provide that benefit.
Potential Areas of Expansion
Tea Trails proposes to expand its portfolio to the following locations, though applications are invited from all quarters:
- Himachal Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh
- Andhra Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
- Arunachal Pradesh
- West Bengal
- Madhya Pradesh
The franchise can be reached by visiting the franchise web-page of Tea Trails and entering the following details:
- Contact number
- State of location
- Preferred city
- Affordable investment
- Properties readily available for usage (if any)
That concludes the registration requirements. The applicant would be contacted by the entity if considered fit for the profile.
Franchisees, once selected, would be provided with the following forms of training:
- Detailed operating manual for efficient disposal of services.
- Training at the organization headquarters located in Mumbai.
- Field assistance.
- Expert guidance from the headquarters on getting started.
Note: – The franchisees would be provided with all the technological updates relevant to the sector.
Terms of Contract
Partner franchisees must enter into a contract with Tea Trails, which would span for a period of five years. The contract can be renewed after the expiry of this term.
Innovation, especially when combined with authenticity, produces results. Here’s a list of awards received by the café:
- Concept of the year in 2015.
- Most Premising Tea Cafe of the year 2016.
- Most Innovative Cafe of the year 2016.
- Best Debutante Franchiser of 2016.