Mukhyamantri Yogi Pension Yojana
Mukhyamantri Yogi Pension Yojana
The Uttar Pradesh Government has taken initiatives to support the State’s widows, disabled and old age citizens by implementing a scheme called as Mukhyamantri Yogi Pension Yojana. The scheme was proposed by Chief Minister Yogi Aditya Nath to support the welfare of the needy who are struggling to make their living. The scheme intends to help people who have no means of livelihood. By implementing this scheme, they can lead their life with their income without depending on others.
Purpose of the Scheme
It is a humane quality to help a needy person and to promote this, the Uttar Pradesh government has come up with this scheme. The scheme sees to improve the life of the widows, the disabled and the old aged people by aiding them with financial assistance, through which all their daily requirements would be satisfied and they would be treated just like any other common man, providing them with the essential benefits.
Features of the Scheme
- The scheme was initially named as Samajvadi Pension Yojana and later it was changed to Mukkyamantri Pension Yojana.
- A sum of Rs. 1000 per month will be provided as a pension amount.
- The pension amount is directly deposited to the applicant’s bank account every month.
The entire process for registering this scheme can be done online.
Benefits of the Scheme
The scheme has increased the pension amount when it was renamed:
- A pension amount of Rs. 1000 is applicable to people from Below Poverty Line.
- A pension amount of Rs. 1000 is applicable for Old Age people.
- A pension amount of Rs. 500 is applicable for Disabled.
- The candidate should belong to the Below Poverty Line.
- The candidate should be a senior citizen.
- The candidate should either be a widow/disabled or an old age person.
- The candidate should have a bank account in a National or in a Cooperative bank.
- Candidates must have proof of residence.
The following candidates are ineligible for the scheme:
- Government employees and pensioners.
- Employees of a private firm and non-governmental organization.
- Applicants possessing a vehicle.
- An applicant owning a residential house or land of 1/2 hectare.
- People paying income tax.
The Scheme has three different categorizations. They are namely:
- Vidhwa Pension Yojana
- Viklang Pension Yojana
- Bunkar Pension Yojana
Vidhwa Pension Yojana
This pension yojana is for widows who are between the age group of 40 to 79 years old. The applicant should have a Below Poverty Line ration card.
To know more, read Vidhwa Pension Yojana.
Viklang Pension Yojana
This pension yojana is for physically handicapped people.
Bunkar Pension Yojana
This pension yojana is undertaken by the Ministry of Handloom and Textiles. The initiative provides a financial assistance of Rs. 1000 every month.
The following are the documents that are mandatory to apply for this scheme:
- Below Poverty Line Card.
- Women’s Ration Card (for widows).
- PAN Card.
- Ration Card.
- Domicile Certificate.
How to Apply
The scheme can be applied online by following the given procedures:
Step 1: Log on to the official website
The applicant has to log on to the official website. There are three separate websites for all these categories.
For Widow Pension, the applicant has to log on to http://sspy-up.gov.in/IndexWIDOW.aspx
For Disabled Pension, the applicant has to log on to http://sspy-up.gov.in/IndexHANDICAP.aspx
For Old Age Pension, the applicant has to log on to http://sspy-up.gov.in/oap/public/MenuPageForPublic.aspx?s=OldAgePension
Step 2: Click on Apply Now
The user has to click on ‘Apply Now’ tab.
Step 3: Click on New Entry Form
The applicant has to click on the first option ‘New Entry Form’.
Step 4: Enter the Details
The applicant has to enter all the details in the application form.
Step 5: Enter the Captcha Code
After entering all the details, the applicant has to enter the Captcha Code in the given box.
Step 6: Click on Save Button
Once the Captcha Code is entered correctly, the applicant has to click on Save button.