Maharashtra RERA Registration
Maharashtra RERA Registration
Under the RERA Act, it is mandatory for the promoters to register their real estate project to sell, advertise, market, book or purchase. The promoters are expected to make an application to the authority for registration before proceeding the work. The Department of Maharashtra Real Estate Regulatory Authority which is regulated under the Maharashtra Government is responsible for registering the real estate projects. In this article, let us see about Maharashtra RERA registration in detail.
Real Estate Regulation and Development Act (RERA)
As per the provisions under the RERA Act, the specified persons are required to register the real estate project with authority in the state of Maharashtra are as follows:
- Any individual who constructs or who wants to build an independent building or a building consisting of apartments or modification of existing structure into apartments.
- Any individual who develops the land into a project, to sell projects to other persons.
- Any plots owned by the development authority for selling.
- A state-level cooperative housing finance society and a primitive cooperative housing society which constructs the apartments or buildings for its members or to the allottees.
- Any person who acts himself as a builder, coloniser, contractor, developer, estate developer or by any different name or claims to be acting as the holder of a power of attorney from the landlord of the property on which the building or apartment is constructed or plot is developed for sale.
All promoters are required to furnish the following documents along with the application form:
- Copy of Promoter’s PAN card
- Promoter details such as name, photograph, contact details and address.
- Copy of the report regarding the title of the owner or promoter to the property in which development is proposed.
- If the promoter does not possess the ownership of the property, then the copy of the joint development agreement, collaboration agreement or any other agreement made between the promoter and owner and legal title report regarding the title of such owner, on the land proposed to be developed has to be enclosed.
- Certified copy of encumbrance and the details regarding such property.
- Documents stating the plans
- Approved plan of the project along with the details of FSI/TDR and other entitlements which are utilised under the relevant Development Control Regulations.
- The entire layout plan of the project and floor space index proposed to be consumed in the project.
- Details of floor space index to be used and approved floor space index.
- Note: If the approved floor space index differs from the floor space index proposed by the promoter, then the recommended floor space index has to be enclosed at the time of registration.
- Details of buildings to be constructed and the approved number of buildings to be provided.
- Note: In case the approved number of buildings differs from the number of building proposed by the promoter, then the proposed number of buildings has to be enclosed at the time of registration.
- Details of floor levels to be constructed and approved number of floors.
- Note: In case the sanctioned number of floors differs from the proposed floor, then the proposed number of floors has to be disclosed at the time of registration.
- Details of the number of covered parking spaces.
- Details of architecture and design standards, type of construction technology, earthquake resistant measures for buildings.
- Details of organisation nature of allottees to be constituted and the title of such land parcels are to be conveyed and the specific local laws to govern such organisation of allottees on completion of real estate project also to be disclosed.
- The promoter should also provide any other documents if required by the concerned authority.
Fee for Project Registration
The promoter has to remit a registration fee to the Maharashtra RERA authority for registering a project under the RERA act. The payment can be made either by RTGS or NEFT transaction. The registration fee is Rs.10 for each square meter. And the project can have a minimum registration fee of Rs.50,000 and maximum of Rs.1 lakh.
Online Application Procedure for RERA Projects
To register for the RERA projects, follow the steps which are mentioned below:
Step 1: The promoter has to visit the official site of Maharashtra Real Estate Regulatory Authority.
Step 2: Click on “New Registration” tab which is present on the homepage of the portal.
Step 3: Now, select the user type as the promoter and enter all the details to create a new user id.
Step 4: After creating your id, login into the portal with the login credentials.
Step 5: Select the information type as ‘Individual’ or ‘Other than Individual’ and fill the respective details and click on save the profile to save your profile.
Step 6: After filling the form, upload the picture and then click on add new member to save the details.
Past Experience Details
Step 7: The promoter should fill the experience details if the promoter has launched the projects in the last five years.
Step 8: After filling the form, click on save experience button.
Step 9: Click on “Add Project” to add project details. Fill the form with the respective details and save the form.
Step 10: Click on “New Project” if the project is the new project and fill the respective details. After filling the application, click on “Add project “ to save the form.
Step 11: Click on “Add Building” button to add details of building and also fill the details about common areas and facilities provided by the promoter and then enter the total cost required for the development of the project.
Step 12: After uploading the document, the promoter needs to fill the following details such as professional project details, litigations related to the project, activity details and click on “Save” button.
Step 13: To complete your registration, click on “Confirm and Proceed” button for making payment.