Maharashtra Mahamesh Yojana
Maharashtra Mahamesh Yojana
The Maharashtra State Government has initiated the “Mahamesh Yojana” to provide the business of sheep farming in the state. Under this scheme, a 75% subsidy will be granted to people as fodder and 50% subsidy on machinery for making bales of Feeds and Feeds Mills. Let us look in detail about the process and benefits of Maharashtra Mahamesh Yojana in this article.
To know about the Tamil Nadu Milch Cow Distribution Scheme
The scheme objective is to sheep farming business and also self-employment opportunities in rural and urban areas of the state. Under this scheme, the Government encourage people to raise sheep under the Mahamesh Yojana. The scheme has been implemented for the economic upliftment and welfare of the poor and downtrodden. This measure ensures to improve the financial literacy and business skills of sheep farmers.
Key features of Mahamesh Yojana
The following are the key traits of the Mahamesh Yojana that are listed below:
- The Government has allocated a separate budget for the scheme which benefits about 1000 people of the state as it includes both permanent and temporary shepherds.
- The people who reap the new sheep will be benefited the most. Under which, besides free sheep allocation, fodder will also be provided on subsidy.
- As per the scheme, people will be provided with a flock of 20 sheep and 1 male sheep will be distributed at free of cost to those doing business. In addition, 50% of the grant is provided for a balanced diet of shepherds.
- Under this plan, it benefits the farmer shepherds and labourers of Maharashtra where sheep will be provided by the Government to carry out the sheep farming business.
- The State Government also plans to allocate grants for all expenses in order to run a profitable business.
- The Punyashlok Ahilya Devi Maharashtra and Goat Department Corporation have been designated as the nodal agency for this scheme.
- Under the Maharashtra Mahmesh Yojana, the sheep farming in urban areas of rural areas will also be covered by the State Government.
- Through the implementation of this scheme, self-employment opportunities will also be provided to sheep rearing people of the state.
The eligible beneficiary must attach the below following documents to apply for the Mahamesh Yojana.
- Identity Proof: PAN, Aadhaar, Driving License, Voter Identity Card, etc.
- Address Proof: Aadhar card, legal Passport, Utility bill, Property tax bill, etc.
- Certificate of Animal Husbandry Officer of the concerned veterinary hospital regarding the method or nature of sheep breeding and the number of sheep present
- Resident Certificate (competent authority)
- Offer Certificate
- The applicant’s farmland should be submitted in 1/3 copy of the recent three months or 1/3 transcript of the farmland belonging to the person giving the consent (if any) in the names of the applicant and consent form on the stamp paper
- If the land is rented out on lease, then the copy of the tenant’s contract with the landlord (notary on stamp paper) (to be submitted in sample number 1 in the bond).
To avail of shed construction, the following certificates to be submitted:
- Certificate to be a member of a savings group
- Certificate to be a member of the Animal Husbandry Company
- Disability Certificate (if applicable)
- Certificate regarding goat sheep breeding training through the corporation
- Self Declaration Letter
- Any other documents (if applicable)
Online Application Procedure
The citizens of Maharashtra will have to follow the below steps by step procedure to apply for the scheme.
Step 1: The applicant has to go to the official web portal to register for Mahamesh Yojana.
Step 2: Click on “Mahmeesh Yojana” on the homepage of the portal.
Step 3: In the case of a registered user, then the applicant has to log in to the portal.
Step 4: To portal login, the applicant has to enter the login id, password and then the applicant need to click on the “Submit” button.
Step 5: Now, the applicant is eligible to apply for the Mahamesh Yojana.
Step 6: After this, the applicant has to fill the scheme application form and also has to upload all the requested documents.
Step 7: Now the applicant will have to click on the “submit” button.
Step 8: After successful registration, the applicant will get the registration number by which the applicant can also trace the status of the registered complaint.