KSUM Unique ID for Startup
KSUM Unique ID for Startup
Kerala Startup Mission has Introduced a Unique ID and Startup Certificate for startups registered in Kerala. Startups who wish to avail any schemes from KSUM should have a Unique ID. KSUM Unique ID will enable startups to connect easily with any stakeholder from the startup ecosystem from across the world. The current article briefs the procedure to get KSUM Unique ID for Startup.
Benefits of Unique ID
The benefits of the Unique ID provided by the Kerala Startup Mission are as follows:
- KSUM will evaluate the status of startups and connect with the right audience.
- Customized support system for startups based on their maturity
- Government project recommendations shall only be initiated for startups with a unique ID.
- The scheme can only be availed by the Startups who got their unique ID
- A unique ID will help startups to get identified with a single code that can be used in all correspondence of the startup.
- A unique ID will help startups to get identified from the single search option provided in the KSUM portal.
- Any stakeholder from the Startup Ecosystem from across the world will be able to quickly go through the profile of the startup.
Unique ID format
The unique ID format will be as follows:
DIPP number/Registered year/KSUM ID
- Any startup registered with DPIIT can apply for the startup certificate
- The Startup should be incorporated as a private limited company (as defined in the Companies Act, 2013) or registered as a partnership firm (registered under section 59 of the Partnership Act, 1932) or a limited liability partnership ((under the Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2018)
- Turnover should be less than INR 100 Crores in any of the previous financial years
- An entity shall be considered as a startup up to 10 years from the date of its incorporation
- The Startup should be working towards innovation/ improvement of existing products, services, and processes and should have the potential to generate employment/ create wealth.
Note: An entity formed by splitting up or reconstruction of an existing business shall not be considered a Startup
The documents required for KSUM Unique ID is listed as follows:
- Company Registration Certificate
- DPIIT Recognition Certificate
- Pitch Deck
The application procedure to apply for KSUM Unique ID for Startup is explained in detail below:
- The applicant needs to access the official webpage of KSUM and click on the ‘GET YOUR UNIQUE ID’ option.
- The system will show a small window, click on Accept button to proceed further.
- The applicant needs to Sign in to the portal to for apply a Unique ID. Sign up by entering all details in the form. Please note that Sign up using new credentials is mandatory here. Credentials used on Kerala Startup Mission (KSUM) are not valid here.
- After login into the portal, the applicant needs to provide all mandatory details. Once the details are furnished, click on submit button.
- If the submit button is not working, there may be a data validation error. Make sure that all data is given correctly.
- Once the details are furnished, click on the upload button to attach all required documents.
- Note: Only, PDF format is allowed for ‘Company Registration Certificate’, ‘DIPP Certificate’, and ‘Pitch Deck’ with a maximum size of 10MB and ’Logo’ should be PNG/JPG/JPEG format with a maximum size of 1MB.
- After registration is successful and application might be approved instantly and might take a maximum of three days for the approval by KSUM.
- Once the application is approved, companies will be notified through the email used for registration.
Congratulations!! your unique id is generated and you have successfully generated the Startup certificate.
- Once the certificate is generated, Companies should visit the Kerala Startup Mission official page with their ‘company’ name to check whether the company is listed there.