Heritage Hotels Approval
Heritage Hotels Approval
The Ministry of Tourism has started a scheme for the approval of Heritage Hotels in the country with the purpose to meet the requirements of tourist visitors. The objective is to encourage quality standards and services in Heritage Hotels so as to promote tourism in India and abroad. The scheme aims to standardize the accommodation of the hotel in budget category for both Domestic and International tourists in the country. Let us look in detail about the criteria, required documents and application procedure for the Approval of Heritage Hotels in this article.
To know about Incentives for Hotel Industry
In general, to get the Approval License of Heritage Hotels, it is very essential that the Heritage Hotels must contain the following facilities as per details below:
- Heritage: This category will cover the hotel in Residences/Havelies/Castles/Hunting Lodges/Forts/Palaces built prior to 1950. The hotel must have a minimum of 5 rooms (10 beds).
- Heritage Classic and Heritage Grand: These category hotels will cover in Residences/Havelies/Castles/Hunting Lodges/Forts/Palaces built prior to 1935. The hotel must have a minimum of 15 rooms (30 beds).
- Room and Bath Area Size: No room or bathroom area size is prescribed for any of the categories. The general ambience, comfort and innovative readaptation will be considered while awarding the Heritage categories ‘classic’ or ‘grand’.
- Parking facility: The parking area to be not less than 50 cars and 5 coaches.
- Cleanliness & Hygiene: All the public areas/rooms and the guest rooms to be well maintained and equipped with the quality carpets/area rugs/good quality Durie, fittings, furniture, etc. in good taste and in maintaining with the traditional lifestyle.
- Infrastructure Facilities: In addition to the existing facilities at Heritage/Heritage Classic/Heritage Grand, it must have the following: The general features and ambience must conform to the overall concept of heritage hotels and architectural distinctiveness. All the public and private areas including rooms must have superior appearance and decor. At least 50% of the rooms must be air-conditioned (except in the hill stations where there must be heating arrangements). The hotel must also provide at least two of the under mentioned sporting facilities.
- Sporting Facilities: Swimming Pool, Lawn Tennis, Health Club, Squash, Golf course, Riding, etc. to be provided to the ownership vests with the concerned hotel. Apart from these sporting facilities, a credit would also be given for the supplementary sporting facilities such as Golf, Sailing, Boating, Fishing or other adventure sports such as Ballooning, Trekking, Parasailing, Wind-surfing, Safari excursions, etc. and indoor games.
The below listed are the checklist/documentation that has to be enclosed by the Heritage Hotels applying for the approval.
- Name of the Heritage Hotels
- Name and address of the promoters/owners along with the statement on their business antecedents
- A complete postal address of the Heritage Hotels along with the contact details like telephone number, fax or E-mail address.
Documents related to the status of the promoter/owner
- If Private and Public Limited Company with the copies of Memorandum and Articles of Association.
- If Partnership, Partnership Deed and Registration Certificate is required to be submitted
- If a proprietary concern, then the name & address of proprietor and Registration Certificate to be submitted
- Location of the hotel site along with the postal address
Documents related to the details of the Property
- Whether outright purchase or ownership (if so, a copy of the registered sale deed should be furnished)
- On Lease (a copy of the registered lease deed Heritage Hotel to be furnished)
- Whether the required property use permit for the conversion into a hotel on it have been received. (If so, a certificate proof issued from the concerned local authorities to be furnished).
- Distance in Kilometers from the Railway station and airport
- The located area on State or National Highway
- Distance from the city centre/town/shopping area etc.
- Located between which major cities or towns
Documents that specify the details of the Hotel Project
- Number of guest rooms and their area
- The area in sq.m. along with the title – owned/leased with the proof of sale/lease deed
- Copy of Land Use permit/letter from the local authorities
- Number of seats
- Toilets facilities for ladies and gents
- Details of public areas, lobby/bar, parking space, facilities for the physically abled, eco-friendly systems and any other additional facilities. The area for each facility must be indicated in sq. ft.
- Details of Fire Fighting Devices/Hydrates, etc.
- Details of measures for water/energy conservation and other eco-friendly devices and initiatives
- Details of air-conditioning/power back-up
- Area of the Establishment–200 sq. ft. for the hotel of seating space up to 100 people and 300 sq. ft. for more than 100 people
- Certificates/No Objection Certificates
Also read about, Approval of Operational Motels
A Demand Draft (DD) for Rs.12000/- for the hotel projects that are planned for the Heritage, Hotel category drawn in favour of the“Pay & Accounts Officer, Department of Tourism” to be attached with the payment application.
The applicant has to follow the below step by step procedure for the Approval of Heritage Hotels.
Access the Website
Step 1: The application for the approval of Heritage Hotels can be submitted online by accessing the official web-portal of Classification, Approval and Occupancy of Hotels.
New User Application
Step 2: In the case of a new user, the applicant has to get registered in the official web-portal by clicking on the “New Registration” tab which will take to the registration page.
Login to Portal
Step 4: Now, log in with the registered User Identity and Password.
Step 5: Once logged in, a new registration page will be displayed where the applicant will have to click on the “Apply for the approval of Heritage Hotels” link.
Step 6: The relevant application form will get opened on clicking the link “Apply for Approval of Heritage Hotels”.
Fill out the Right Credentials
Step 7: The information of the owner has to fill out all the required details in the approval form.
Step 8: After entering all the details, the applicant has to click on the “save and proceed” button.
Step 9: Now upload all the required documents that are mentioned above then click on “save and proceed” button.
Step 10: The uploaded documents that are uploaded by the applicants after scrutiny in all respects would be acknowledged online.
Step 11: The applications for the Approval of Heritage Hotels with the requisite fee is payable only by Debit card/Credit card/RTGS/NEFT.
Approval of Hotel Project
Step 12: The proposed hotel project has been approved or cleared by the Municipal authorities, Urban Lands (Ceiling), Act or any other local or State Government authorities wherever applicable.
To start a new business in India, visit IndiaFilings.com