The Biponi Scheme was launched by the Government of Assam to assist the rural industries of the state. The Government aims to provide support to the enterprises under traditional and micro sector to participate in various trade fairs and events within the State, in the Country and abroad for marketing their products and also getting the exposure. Under this scheme, the industrial investment policy that will attract rising industrial technologies to generate additional employment. In this article, we look at the Biponi Scheme in detail.
To know about Ease of Doing Business In Assam Portal
The following are the criteria to be met by the enterprises to apply for the scheme:
- The location of the industry must be in rural areas of Assam.
- The industry must be already existing and also the unit necessity is to have a continuous operation for a minimum of 2 years.
- The industry/unit should hold its own work shed for the process and production.
- The age of the applicant should be not less than 18 years and more than 50 years to apply for this scheme.
- There is no bar of educational qualification.
The following documentation checklist to be enclosed in order to avail the benefits under this scheme.
- One Passport size photograph.
- Copy of Industry registration.
- Identity Proof: PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Driving License, Voter Identity Card, etc.
- Address Proof: Aadhar, legal Passport, Utility bill, Property tax bill, etc.
- Caste Certificate, as applicable.
- Training Certificate, if available.
- Copy of the sheet of Bank Pass Book.
- Copy of cancelled cheque with the name of proprietor printed.
- Quotation from the fair organization concerning rent to be submitted .
- Any other document (if required)
Benefits of the Scheme
The following are the benefits associated with its use, which is listed below:
- To enhance the trade opportunities that will help to find jobs in MSME sector and ease of doing business in the State.
- The industries will be given with raw materials, goods and services at affordable costs.
- For easing the problems experienced by the enterprises that are the main component of providing employment to the youth.
Area of Implementation
The implementation of the Biponi Scheme would be in all district excluding those within jurisdiction of NC Hills Autonomous District Council, Karbi- Anglong Autonomous District Council, and Bodoland Territorial Autonomous Districts would be covered.
Advertisement and Publicity
Adequate advertisement and publicity of the investment potential of the state including setting up of departmental stall in important fairs, printing of data brochure/ booklet, publicity of the participant’s profile etc. will be ensured and the cost of same will borne from this scheme.
Application Procedure of the Scheme
Under the Biponi Scheme, the selection procedure of a beneficiary are as follows:
Approach District Legal Services Authority
Step 1: The applicant has to address the relavent District Authority of Assam to register for the scheme.
Get Application Form
Step 2: Now, get the scheme application form from the respective office and have to fill out the scheme application form in a prescribed format.
Note: The applicant can download the Biponi scheme application form from the official portal of Assam. The application form is enclosed below for the ready reference.
Fill Application Form
Step 3: The applicant must fill the application form with relevant details without any mistakes.
Attach Required Documents
Step 4: After applying, attach the list of named documents as per the checklist along with the scheme application.
Step 5: The application form to be submitted to the General Manager, District Industries and Commerce Centre (DICC) as per the format. No fee will be charged for the process of submission of scheme application form.
Step 6: On receipt of application, the DICC will examine the scheme application form, if necessary they will conduct a physical verification process of the application.
Step 7: After the necessary verification, the proposal would be placed before the District Level Committee (DCL) constituted under the scheme.
Step 8: On getting the receipt of approval from the DLC, the statement containing the name, amount of assistance, Bank name, Account name, etc will be forwarded to the Industries Commissionerate and Commerce for allocation of the fund to the DICC and subsequent release of fund.
Prescribed Time Frame
Step 9: On receipt of the fund or transfer of fund by the DICC directly to the applicants the bank, the DICC will the Utilization Certificate (UC) within 30 days from the receipt date of the fund.
The total of 100 numbers of participants will be selected for participation in the identified events/exhibitions covering all the districts. The concerned General Manager, District Industries and Commerce Centers will make arrangement for stalls in collaboration with the event organizers. There will be a maximum cover of Rs. 5000 per entrepreneur towards stall rent, which will be paid directly to the organizers by Cheque.
In the case of participants from other districts, a fixed lump sum grant of Rs. 500 per day for the actual fair/exhibition period will be provided to meet the Travelling, Food & Lodging expenses etc. The district-wise targets will be decided by the Commissioner, Industries & Commerce preferably on the basis of population data. The scheme applications will be invited through Paper advertisement from interested participants for the participation in identified trade fairs. The participants for these fairs will be elected based on their Quality of Products, performance in the exhibition/ fairs held within the State etc. The selected participants will be paid with 50% of the stall rent subject to a ceiling of Rs. 1000 per person for the fair period towards food and lodging expenses.
Income Tax eFiling
We have made the Income Tax eFiling, simple and easy. File your income tax return online with the dedicated Tax Experts support from IndiaFilings.
IndiaFilings.com (ERI ID: ERIA100945) is an Income Tax Department authorised eReturn Intermediary.