Bihar Birth Certificate
Bihar Birth Certificate
A birth certificate is a legal document which serves as an identity proof for citizens residing in a particular state. In Bihar, the birth certificate is issued by the Chief Registrar of Birth. In this article, we look at the procedure for obtaining the birth certificate in Bihar.
Reason for Obtaining Birth Certificate
There are various reasons for obtaining a birth certificate are as follows:
- For getting admission in educational institutes.
- Citizens can avail jobs in the government sector.
- Birth certificate provides legal identity.
- Birth certificate helps to obtain certified documents such as Voter’s ID, Driving License, Passport, Marriage Certificate, etc.
Registering Birth in Bihar
Every individual is required to register the birth within 21 days from the date of birth. The birth has to be recorded by the following specified person.
- Births in a Nursing Home or Hospital: – The person who is authorized by the medical institution is eligible to register the birth.
- Birth in a house: –The head of the household is eligible to register the birth with the concerned authority.
The following documents are to be attached at the time of furnishing the application.
- Application Form
- Proof of birthplace (where the child was born) from the medical institution
- Parent’s identity proof
- Residence Proof
- Marriage certificate of the parent, optional
The following charges are applicable for registering the birth.
|Registered within twenty-one days of birth||No fee|
|Registered after twenty-one days of birth||Rs.2|
|Registered after thirty days and within one year of birth||Rs.5|
|Registered after one year of birth||Rs.10|
Online Applying Procedure
To apply for a birth certificate in Bihar government, follow the steps specified here:
Step 1: Visit the official website of the Bihar government.
Step 2: Click on “Birth Certificate” option to select Register Me.
Step 3: Fill up the online form to register yourself with the portal.
Step 4: After filling the form, the applicant will receive an OTP to the registered mobile number.
Step 5: Now create a password for login.
Step 6: Now, you can fill the online birth registration form and attach the scanned documents.
Note: After submitting your application online, you will receive a service number as an acknowledgement to check your application status online.
Track Application Status
An applicant can check their status of the application by again visiting the official website and then enter your service application number and click on search button to view your current status of the application.