Bihar Marriage Certificate
Bihar Marriage Certificate
Marriage Certificate is a legal proof to confirm than an individual is legally married to someone. In Bihar, marriage can be registered either under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 or Special Marriage Act, 1954. The Marriage Registrar issues it under the seal of the State Government of Bihar. In this article, we look at the procedure for obtaining Bihar marriage certificate in detail.
Purpose of Marriage Certificate
The purpose of registering the marriage are as follows:
- To prevent child marriages.
- For enabling widows to claim an inheritance.
- For the couples to travel aboard using a spouse visa.
- To claim bank deposits and life insurances, in the event of a spouse passing away.
In Bihar, to obtain a marriage certificate, the following criteria must be fulfilled:
- The bride and groom can apply after a month of marriage.
- The groom should be 21 years old, and the bride should be 18 years old.
- The bride and groom must have lived for at least one month in the district where marriage is to be registered.
At the time of submitting the application form, produce the following documents:
- Proof of Marriage
- Proof of Address (Voter ID, Ration Card, Passport, Driving License, etc.)
- Proof of date of birth of Bride and Bridegroom
- Residence Proof of Bride and Bridegroom
- Photograph of both parties
- Marriage Invitation Card
- Marriage Photograph (Couple Photograph)
The applicant has to possess a fee of Rs.100 for marriage registration under the Hindu Marriage Act. In the case of the Special Marriage Act, the applicant will be charged Rs.150/- for registration.
Online Application Procedure for Marriage Registration
The applicant must follow the below-given procedure to obtain the Bihar Marriage Certificate online.
Step 1: The applicant has to visit the official website of the Bihar Government.
Step 2: Click on the “Act, Rules, etc.” option on the home page.
Step 3: On the next page, the applicant can download the application form for the registration of marriage under the Bihar Marriage Registration Rules.
The application form is below for the reference:
</strong>Bihar<strong> marriage </strong>registration<strong> form new.compressed
Step 4: Enter the necessary details in the application form and attach the prescribed documents.
Step 5: One needs to submit the duly filled application form to the concerned authority of the Registrar office.
Step 6: Get an acknowledgement receipt for application from the concerned office.
Note: Once the application is verified, the applicant will get the marriage certificate within seven working days from the date of application.