Bihar Domicile Certificate
Bihar Domicile Certificate
Domicile certificate is a document that recognizes a person’s residential status in a particular state. The revenue department of the Government of Bihar issues the domicile certificate in Bihar. Domicile certificate is used to certify that the person who holds this certificate is a resident of the particular district or state which issues the certificate. In this article, we look at the procedure for obtaining a Bihar domicile certificate in detail.
Purposes of Domicile Certificate
Domicile certificate is utilized to avail domicile or residence quotas in educational institutions and government services. The certificate is also necessary for applying for certain scholarship schemes. Domicile certificate may also be necessary for the institutions giving loan as proof of place of residence.
The following are the eligibility criteria to obtain a domicile certificate from the Bihar Government:
- The applicant must be a resident of Bihar for the past three years
- The applicant must own a house, property or land in Bihar
- The applicant’s name should be there in the voter list
- Female applicants can apply for the certificate if they are married to a person from Bihar
- In the case of minors, the certificate is issued based on their parents’ residence
To apply for a domicile certificate, an individual should possess the following documents:
- Affidavit as prescribed in Annexure-I of the domicile certificate form
- Identity Proof (Aadhaar card, Voter ID card, Ration Card, etc.)
- Resident Proof (Electricity bill, water bill, telephone bill, etc.)
- A copy of the Birth Certificate
- Proof of the applicant owning a land
- Passport size color photograph
Online Application Procedure
The applicant can apply for a domicile certificate in Bihar by following the procedures specified below:
Step 1: The applicant has to visit the official web portal of the Bihar Government using this link.
Step 2: The applicant has to click on the “Apply Online” option on the home page.
Step 3: After that, the applicant must agree to the Terms and Conditions as displayed and proceed further to the next page.
Step 4: Now, the applicant has to choose the place where they would like to get the certificate.
Step 5: Enter the name (Hindi and English both). Select the certificate and then enter the mobile number.
Step 6: After clicking on the “Next” button, you will be getting a verification code to the mobile.
Step 7: Enter the verification code, and then the applicant will be redirected to the page where they need to fill all the mandatory details.
Step 8: After filling the application form, the applicant will receive the application ID as an acknowledgment for the reference.
Track Application Status
The e-portal also facilitates its users to verify the status of the application. On the home page, click on “Application Status” link. Then enter the application number to check the status of the application.
To download the domicile certificate, the applicant has to go to the official web portal and click on the “Certificate Web copy” option. Then enter the application number and click on the ‘print’ button to download or print the domicile certificate online.